• Thread starter JWM2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
241C24E0 293A 4266 B81E B48AB4D2B51E

It’s only been a couple hours but here’s a closeup of UC1. UC2 is still under the soil and is to be expected as it’s tap root was 1/3 of the size of UC1 and was buried slightly to allow it to break the surface on its own.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Have you used your oxycloner? You have one right?
I have. I recently quit using it as it was taking too long to root the cuttings. I ended up grabbing some domed propagation trays for another project and used them with rapid rooter plugs and clonex and had roots in about a week to 10 on every cutting taken. So it’s just easier to not mess with the oxy cloner and do this instead.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

I have. I recently quit using it as it was taking too long to root the cuttings. I ended up grabbing some domed propagation trays for another project and used them with rapid rooter plugs and clonex and had roots in about a week to 10 on every cutting taken. So it’s just easier to not mess with they’ve hl oxy cloner and do this instead.
I’ve had mine in for a day so far in oxycloner we will see :)

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I’ve had good luck with homemade dwc cloners in the past but right now it’s just easier to go another route as it takes up less space and seems to work in 1/2 the time. At one point I cloned in solo cups full of tap water so I don’t need anything too complex to accomplish the task.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Pots in the bottom are about 1/4-1/2 gallon. I grow them to about 12-14” and then transplant them into 2 gallon pots that go into the flowering chamber above. The plants above get to about 24-26” above the soil when finished. I top them if they start stretching too much to keep them away from the quantum board lights.

Been getting around 2-2.5 oz per plant every 8 weeks depending on strain at a cost of between $6-10/oz to produce including the cost of electricity, soil, nutes, etc.

The genetics I don’t factor in as that’s a one time cost for seeds and then I clone them from that point on so they don’t cost me anything but a rapid rooter plug to reproduce.

I grow perpetually so I’ve always got something going in and coming out. I’ve got this last round bunched up a little. Should have a decent harvest mid feb to end of feb and then nothing for a few weeks until the middle of March. I may end up putting a couple more plants in flowering as I have room for 10 but currently only have 8 in there. But if needed I can add a couple more.

I also have 1 gallon flowering pots but those require frequent watering mid to late flowering so I don’t use them anymore unless I’m testing out new strains and want to flower them early to cram more of them in a smaller space.

Last edited:
MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Pots in the bottom are about 1/4-1/2 gallon. I grow them to about 12-14” and then transplant them into 3 gallon pots that go into the flowering chamber above. The plants above get to about 24-26” above the soil when finished. I top them if they start stretching too much to keep them away from the quantum board lights.

Been getting around 2-2.5 oz per plant every 8 weeks depending on strain at a cost of between $6-10/oz to produce including the cost of electricity, soil, nutes, etc.

The genetics I don’t factor in as that’s a one time cost for seeds and then I clone them from that point on so they don’t cost me anything but a rapid rooter plug to reproduce.

I grow perpetually so I’ve always got something going in and coming out. I’ve got this last round bunched up a little. Should have a decent harvest mid feb to end of feb and then nothing for a few weeks until the middle of March. I may end up putting a couple more plants in flowering as I have room for 10 but currently only have 8 in there. But if needed I can add a couple more.

I also have 2 gallon flowering pots but those require frequent watering mid to late flowering so I don’t use them anymore unless I’m testing out new strains and want to flower them early to cram more of them in a smaller space.
Thanks for the info I just saw your review on the oxycloner on amazon lol. Good info. I’m about to switch air stones or something to try get more mist

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
C5E6CD41 E3C2 4892 A4FF 4B2BA0884E50
EE693354 9A74 4301 9FBF F5E0C1EDA26E
12749A3E A9B8 4C75 BA98 5B0BF6338EFB
4D8E58AD 479D 461C A05B 27AC79156454

A few pics of some cuttings I have rooting in a small domed propogation tray. The tray is pretty short so I 3d printed a spacer to use between the base and the dome. This gives me an extra 1.5” of vertical space to root bigger more healthy cuts.

In the base I use rapid rooter plugs with the cuttings dipped in clonex gel for good measure. In the bottom of the base I have a small amount of water to keep the plugs moist but not wet. Been getting roots in about 10 days using this method and it takes up next to no space at all.

I have some The Growing Pots printing off right now and will be using those here shortly. I also have some bases designed and printed off for drip feeding and rdwc but won’t be using them on this grow as I don’t do hydro. Mainly built them to show how versital this grow system really can be. More to come shortly.

Erick31876

Erick31876

I’ve had good luck with homemade dwc cloners in the past but right now it’s just easier to go another route as it takes up less space and seems to work in 1/2 the time. At one point I cloned in solo cups full of tap water so I don’t need anything too complex to accomplish the task.
Ive done this also. Just put the cuttings in a cup of tap water. Had good success rates. I also use an oxy cloner. I have no complaints about it. Although I would recommend putting it on a timer for 15 minutes off 15 minutes on so the pump dont get hot.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
KORAM 10 Sets Seed Starter Tray 120 Cells Seed Tray Plant Germination Kit Garden Seed Starting Tray with Dome and Base Plus Plant Tags Hand Tool Kit, Black – Garden Gift https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072FW2KLJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_p3osCbAXFC8F0

Looks like it’s $16 now. I think they raised the price for spring. I bought mine a couple months ago for 12.99/set but mine didn’t have the vent ports which are a nice addition.

Top Bottom