• Thread starter Gabriel 9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gabriel 9

If I'm using Ultra pure butane how long should I have to vac purge for

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

As long as it takes for the tane to purge out. Different brands of tane wont alter purge times.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Impurities have zero to do with purging. Your purging the residual butane left after extracting.

Impurities are the other carp they put into thentane cans. Reason why you must clean a new tank of tane before use to get rid of any mystery oil.

G

Gabriel 9

Ok so I've been purging probably twelve hours now at 100 f and I'm still getting little tiny bubbles that don't seem to be popping

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Thinner puddle will allow a faster purge.

Keep.on purging. Are you leaving the vac run constant, or stopping once you hit the magic -29.5hg? The vac pump should be running 24/7. Some purge for days and days and days on end.

Aim for 105-110*f at the puddle while in vac.

G

Gabriel 9

It's to runny to flip without cooling, I've vac purged for about twenty four hours now and it has very few bubbles but still very gooey.

G

Gabriel 9

I've tried this a few times now always seems to be waxy. The one time I had what seemed to be a good run going my vac pump pumped oil from the vac into my chamber. Ruined it all had about three grams going. Is a 3 CFM vac pump good enough.?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Do you have a pic?

How old was the material?
Was it really Terpy?

Yup, I'm sure almost everyone has done that at one time. Sucks not closing the right valve first and ruining a run. A 3cfm should work fine. It may just have to work harder to get the job done.

Top Bottom