Vaccuming 80% Instead Of 100%

• Thread starter Burned Haze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Burned Haze

I hate how even on "gentle setting " if you let it fully Vaccum then your buds are ultra compressed . If u only do 80% filled , will it keep the smell for 6months to a year ? If u do 100% it never loses smell even after 2 years but everything super compressed lol

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Why not put them in glass jars and use a jar sealer attachment instead of bagging them up? would solve your problem no?

N

noone88

I never vacuumed all of the air. When the bag gets tight around the flowers, I cut off the vacuum and seal.

However, if you want to store long term, vacuum sealing is not enough. You need to either use nitrogen or throw that shit into a freezer.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

i picked up an accvac3000 nitrogen sealer. 30" bags come in 500' rolls. you need a large air compressor, bottle of nitrogen and a regulator. works awesome!
Damn that's some volume right there :oops: those things are like the price of a 3 ton mini split!

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Yeah I think I could almost get 2 mini splits for what it cost with the 500' roll, compressor, nitrogen tank, and regulator. But it does work great.

Billyboat

Billyboat

Yeah I think I could almost get 2 mini splits for what it cost with the 500' roll, compressor, nitrogen tank, and regulator. But it does work great.

I've been looking at these, does it really preserve the flowers for a month or two of storage? If they work well, I'd say worth its weight in gold.

Blaze

Blaze

If your flowers are going bunk after just a month or two, even with a standard vac sealer, you seriously fucked up your drying and curing somewhere along the line.

Billyboat

Billyboat

If your flowers are going bunk after just a month or two, even with a standard vac sealer, you seriously fucked up your drying and curing somewhere along the line.

No bunk flowers here...since all plastic permeates I still feel like after 50-60 days in a turkey bag they are way drier then they should be.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

No bunk flowers here...since all plastic permeates I still feel like after 50-60 days in a turkey bag they are way drier then they should be.
If you want to store with humidity intact just grab some Boveda packs. You can also store drier for long term, then rehydrate with the packs as necessary. Better than turks are heavy mylar, and even just purging the air with nitro manually before sealing should keep for a long time.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

What is the best way to heat seal bags.
I have gone threw a few vacu-seal machines as the heat sealing element burns out and can't be replaced. (or can they?)
Special made clamp sealer from the prepper supply places, or a household clothes iron across a metal bar.

Billyboat

Billyboat

If you want to store with humidity intact just grab some Boveda packs. You can also store drier for long term, then rehydrate with the packs as necessary. Better than turks are heavy mylar, and even just purging the air with nitro manually before sealing should keep for a long time.

Excellent! Thanks very much!

Latest posts

Top Bottom