Vacuum Pump Oil All In The Pump Out Of The Box

• Thread starter mrrogers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mrrogers

mrrogers

I opened my 2 stage vacuum pump and oil was in the box all in the pump. Should it still be OK to use if I wipe it down or should I just take it back to be on the safe side?

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
I opened my 2 stage vacuum pump and oil was in the box all in the pump. Should it still be OK to use if I wipe it down or should I just take it back to be on the safe side?
I would take it back so you don't have to pay for more oil.

Last edited:
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Theres usually a sight glass on the pump so you will know if your short of oil,I got mine with the oil in a seperate bottle and i had to put it in,its possible yours might of been a return if the oil was already in the pump.

Graywolf

Graywolf

I suspect FW is right regarding the pump being a return, that the supplier shipped without removing the oil.

I would return it, simply because you are dealing with nonprofessional's, so you have no idea what the rest of the story is, including where all inside the motor portion the oil may have seeped.

Most simple rotary vane vacuum pumps have an oil fill/breather in the top, which oil flows freely out of when the pump is upside down or sideways.

Since there is nothing to keep the oil in place, the postal service and shippers typically have HAZ MAT covenants against it, which is why they oil is typically shipped separate for the excited new owner to add just prior to use and after the freight services have their way with it as a football.

The dozen or so I've purchase, had both the pump and sealed oil container heavily encased in Styrofoam, in anticipation of a rough journey in any position.

The bigger question is why the pump was returned and what use it saw before hand.

Of further concern, is that if they were professional enough to test the return for function, they would have ostensibly recognized the need to drain the oil, soooo was it tested?

mrrogers

mrrogers

thanks @Graywolf !! took it back and got the new one months ago. been working great since!!!.

my next mission if you can guide me to is:

someone recently mentioned a technique extractors are using now regarding THC-A and how to effectivly achieve this product. idk if links are allowed but this is the best way i can describe it

Latest posts

Top Bottom