Vacuum pump

• Thread starter rayi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rayi

rayi

I keep hearing people talk about vaccum pumps. I have two put pumps from my maple syrup business. I would have to check for sure about cubic feet but both pull down to 21mm. Would these work with a vaccum chamber

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I keep hearing people talk about vaccum pumps. I have two put pumps from my maple syrup business. I would have to check for sure about cubic feet but both pull down to 21mm. Would these work with a vaccum chamber

Make sure you have a gauge on the chamber and any pump that can get to to a full vac is suitable for the chamber. Full vac is the goal, the size of the pump simply determines how fast you get there. The quality of the seal on your chamber determines how long and how often the pump has to run during the process. How long does your chamber hold full a vac with all of the valves closed and the pump off?

🍻

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Not really sure what that measurement means, most pumps used with ovens measure in HG or Torr. Typically you want pumps that are rated for 30 in/hg 76 cm/hg or 760 Torr.

Most commonly available oil pumps are fixed to 30 in/hg and your oil level is important to that. Usually pulls slightly less due to environmental factors.

Regardless of mist filters, the oil pumps stink a bit like an auto garage, so need to consider exhaust if running indoors.

I use a scroll pump, no oil, slight learning curve as it's adjustable and measures in Torrs

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Not really sure what that measurement means, most pumps used with ovens measure in HG or Torr. Typically you want pumps that are rated for 30 in/hg 76 cm/hg or 760 Torr.

Most commonly available oil pumps are fixed to 30 in/hg and your oil level is important to that. Usually pulls slightly less due to environmental factors.

Regardless of mist filters, the oil pumps stink a bit like an auto garage, so need to consider exhaust if running indoors.

I use a scroll pump, no oil, slight learning curve as it's adjustable and measures in Torrs

Agreed! 100%

Another thing about oil pumps. Beware that the smoke is corrosive to camera equipment and TV/Computer screens. With regards to photo equipment the effects are almost immediate (so don't even have it in the same room, the film is a bitch to get off the mirror) with TV's and Screens if it sits for very long (days) you may start to see noticeable damage. Just a note from my misfortunes.

btw, the camera was insured, the lens i lost was not ☹ the tv & monitor were chalked up to experience and an excuse for new ones 🤗

🍻

Top Bottom