Variety’s seed selecting and pollination thread

• Thread starter Trustfall
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
That’s what I was thinking plus the moisture.
I don’t drink very often maybe once or twice a month.
Drinking's not bad trustfall, just keep it balanced. For me, I had to give it up, cause I like to fight at the drop of a hat, and that will get you in trouble these days. Always best to be balanced and keep your wits about you, lol.

I got some of these cindy99 buried around here somewhere, I think, maybe I should dig some out again. They've been in there for years. Hopefully, if I can get my hands on the sk1 again, I'd certainly like to give that one a whirl. I really loved the sk1, hands down, that and blueberries, are probably among the most iconic strains I've loved over the years. ie. Those two stand out in my mind as ones I've experienced some of the finest examples; simply lifting the bar to it's highest levels. That said, the best weed I've ever smoked anywhere in this country has always originated here on the west coast, between N. Cali up to Seattle, and every spot in between.

I've not had the pleasure of being up to Vancouver yet, but it's unquestionably within the same ecological niche.

Some of the old school blueberry in 1 gal's starting to ripen. On that note, please share with us some of your setup parameters, if you can. I am very interested to see what's under the hood, and how your growing those beautiful plants.

IMG 20211009 112033

IMG 20211009 110946
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I’m sad I haven’t posted more pics now lol. I’m about to go spam mode. Lol jp congrats btw.
lol, that's so funny. I know I can irritate some here sometimes with my nonsense post; so I try to only post where I'm not going to offend (hopefully). 🤓

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
lol, that's so funny. I know I can irritate some here sometimes with my nonsense post; so I try to only post where I'm not going to offend (hopefully). 🤓
Ya it’s 2021 frank, when someone chooses irritated over just skimming past the post they are the problem not you. I enjoy your post, the ones I understand anyway🤣

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
fuck yea bro, that sounds very, very tasty to me.
This is the best bag seed plant I’ve ever come across. Unfortunately lost that sk1 that I had since 2005 but the last plant I smoked it all and found the one bean some how someway. I was going to flick it across the room. Then it sat on the counter then I almost trashed it again. Finally I said ok let’s pop it and see what happens.
I couldn’t pinpoint the flavor, made some rosin which made the terp come out even more and I sent some to my friend and his wife is like “it’s a tootsie roll”! Mother of gawd it is! What are the chances of that?😅 straight up tootsie roll/pop how many times does it take to get to the center? Hahaha! It was on the brink of death for months until I got those gnats under control. Finally got a couple cuts going into flower in a couple of weeks.
Another thing I find is it gives you the munchies but not really for sweet stuff. It more for real food like dinner. Need to grow it a few more times and see what it can really do, the gnats and disease had its way with her thee first go around but still came out good just no weight. I’ll pass some cuts around this winter if your interested.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Drinking's not bad trustfall, just keep it balanced. For me, I had to give it up, cause I like to fight at the drop of a hat, and that will get you in trouble these days. Always best to be balanced and keep your wits about you, lol.

I got some of these cindy99 buried around here somewhere, I think, maybe I should dig some out again. They've been in there for years. Hopefully, if I can get my hands on the sk1 again, I'd certainly like to give that one a whirl. I really loved the sk1, hands down, that and blueberries, are probably among the most iconic strains I've loved over the years. ie. Those two stand out in my mind as ones I've experienced some of the finest examples; simply lifting the bar to it's highest levels. That said, the best weed I've ever smoked anywhere in this country has always originated here on the west coast, between N. Cali up to Seattle, and every spot in between.

I've not had the pleasure of being up to Vancouver yet, but it's unquestionably within the same ecological niche.

Some of the old school blueberry in 1 gal's starting to ripen. On that note, please share with us some of your setup parameters, if you can. I am very interested to see what's under the hood, and how your growing those beautiful plants.

View attachment 1177321
I agree in moderation alcohol is great. I usually only have a couple of shots or glasses of wine when the wife wants to make sexy time. Never got into the beer in hand all day like some folks. I’m with the green from sun up to sun down.
Wish I could have saved that sk1, had it since 05’ and the guy I got it from was growing it since the mid 90’s. It’s biggest downfall was just not strong enough for the modern day smoker. The smell and the taste so sweet and incsense you could recognize it right away if you walk into the room where someone was smoking it.
good news is the tootsie is here now and that sk1 really shines in it. Also the sk1x c99 beans I made are very similar to the sk1 alone. I found one very close out of just three females. Your welcome to some of you would like. Also lost the Indiana bubblegum at the same time but have the ibg x c99’s as well and once again three females I found one very close to the ibg. Just lost the cut I had but plenty of beans to find again.
We can talk some more about the grow soon I’m always willing to share if people want to learn or listen.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
And Frank I just made a tootsie cake! Tootsie x wedding cake bx1 male from seed junkie. Seeds are ripening now.
This plant was like 4 inches when I started it so very small, late to the party but I really want this cross to happen and it worked out.

A01ADA95 36D6 4305 BBB1 839365CB4592
D1CB3940 74B0 40AD 9FE2 8E18B1D0317A
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
🍋 🌳 lemon tree x (Indiana bubblegum x c99 male) 🥳
Gonna be interesting to see how the terps come out in the offspring. Lemon tree is the perfect lemon flavor, then the ibg, and also the c99 male I used before puts off pineapple and pine pheno’s 😎.
Now ima use this to pollinate a hasher.
Lemon bubblegum cookies🍪 🤪 got lots of options 😁

20EF38B4 5CB1 422D 8B5D 992E2E7A547E
96687ACC DA95 4AF9 A7A3 9EF485114ECF
Last edited:
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
All above ground now! Have (10) watermelonz x grape cream cake f2, (10) Sd(first class) x grape cream cake f2, (4) purple punch x (Indians bubblegum x c99)
And (5) PNG x Kashmir. 🌱🧑‍🌾
These were made by me except the pug x Kashmir, those came from a guy named weso/hueso . Dude does some serious work for people who like effect over looks. Gonna pop somwmm no of his Asian beauties soon too!

D6F40CE5 6074 4808 8DCB FB64B02E9262
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
This is the best bag seed plant I’ve ever come across. Unfortunately lost that sk1 that I had since 2005 but the last plant I smoked it all and found the one bean some how someway. I was going to flick it across the room. Then it sat on the counter then I almost trashed it again. Finally I said ok let’s pop it and see what happens.
I couldn’t pinpoint the flavor, made some rosin which made the terp come out even more and I sent some to my friend and his wife is like “it’s a tootsie roll”! Mother of gawd it is! What are the chances of that?😅 straight up tootsie roll/pop how many times does it take to get to the center? Hahaha! It was on the brink of death for months until I got those gnats under control. Finally got a couple cuts going into flower in a couple of weeks.
Another thing I find is it gives you the munchies but not really for sweet stuff. It more for real food like dinner. Need to grow it a few more times and see what it can really do, the gnats and disease had its way with her thee first go around but still came out good just no weight. I’ll pass some cuts around this winter if your interested.
I wonder if your sk1 line might still be somewhere locked inside. Sounds like it's possible.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
And Frank I just made a tootsie cake! Tootsie x wedding cake bx1 male from seed junkie. Seeds are ripening now.
This plant was like 4 inches when I started it so very small, late to the party but I really want this cross to happen and it worked out.
Fuck yea man, that should be a really interesting one.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
View attachment 1186164
male🌱🧑‍🌾😁
I ha e a problem now every seed I pop must be clones until I find out if it’s for keeps.
Yea, seed is always hit and miss bro. I agree. There's got to be some better method to the madness; ensuring consistent results across the spectrum. f1's can be all over the map.

I mean, If I'm going for a shotgun effects, panning for something new; I don't mind sorting though some stuff, taking on a few that aren't quite as choice, searching. But there's wisdom in ensuring what your working with, especially if it came from a seed source.

Looks like you got quite the project going on in here right now.😍

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
And the fade Im getting..😍
And here is the best of three skunk#1 x c99. This is a clone of sk1 from the Netherlands smuggled back to the states in the early 90’s sweet lime catpiss inscence is what I’d call it. It was always a great tasting and smelling strain but lost it’s power over the years.
I’m loving the smaller tricombes on this plant and they are packed in on the bud! View attachment 1113113View attachment 1113110View attachment 1113111View attachment 1113112View attachment 1113114
I wonder if your sk1 line might still be somewhere locked inside. Sounds like it's possible.
It is I already found one almost exact out of three females. I think I messed it up though when I had the gnats last summer. I’ll see how it gets growing soon but shouldn’t be hard to find again. I have another one still looks good and it’s a poison pheno.
This sk1 line is very sweet incense and an up high. I’ve never seen another sk1 come close to the cut I had. And it grew spears. The look on the one above is not spear like yet the similar high and the terps were almost identical. I’ll take a pic of the tootsie tomorrow because she grows exactly like the sk1 did.
Quoted my original post above
Edit again my bad you were talking about the tootsie not the sk199.
Tootsie has same structure as the sk1 and is we’re the sweet is coming from to make the tootsie. The chocolate comes from gg4. I couldn’t put the two together my self, I said it’s chocolate and sweet but once a friend of mine tried it he said tootsie roll and I was yes! 🤣

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
It is I already found one almost exact out of three females. I think I messed it up though when I had the gnats last summer. I’ll see how it gets growing soon but shouldn’t be hard to find again. I have another one still looks good and it’s a poison pheno.
This sk1 line is very sweet incense and an up high. I’ve never seen another sk1 come close to the cut I had. And it grew spears. The look on the one above is not spear like yet the similar high and the terps were almost identical. I’ll take a pic of the tootsie tomorrow because she grows exactly like the sk1 did.
Quoted my original post above
Edit again my bad you were talking about the tootsie not the sk199.
Tootsie has same structure as the sk1 and is we’re the sweet is coming from to make the tootsie. The chocolate comes from gg4. I couldn’t put the two together my self, I said it’s chocolate and sweet but once a friend of mine tried it he said tootsie roll and I was yes! 🤣
Yea, well if tootsie is still around; my guess is that thing, bred to itself is the real answer. If that plant represents 100% of that genetic line; all that goodness is locked inside somewhere. ie. Your long lost sk1 pheno, your looking for. She's just showing tootsie outward, right now. It possibly needs to be teased out again, I would try to turn a cut male; or perhaps breed a single branch of it; to itself. Then grow out the seeds. Like a dozen of them, and pheno hunt it.

My guess is that long lost strains genetic footprint might well be inside there, somewhere, and all them seeds sound like winners. It's a lot of work, but I bet it's there. The plant needs to make love to itself. 😍 , I'm convinced all that stuff can be teased out again, possibly.

The real question here, In my mind; is does that one seed you grew represent that genetic line alone, ie.(did it self/stress pollinate) or was it some sort of cross created from a lone pollen that's not originally sk1 origin. Cause chocolate sounds a lot like something else, IMO, and you seem to have a lot in circulation at any given time.

Last edited:
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Yea, well if tootsie is still around; my guess is that thing, bred to itself is the real answer. If that plant represents 100% of that genetic line; all that goodness is locked inside somewhere. ie. Your long lost sk1 pheno, your looking for. She's just showing tootsie outward, right now. It possibly needs to be teased out again, I would try to turn a cut male; or perhaps breed a single branch of it; to itself. Then grow out the seeds. Like a dozen of them, and pheno hunt it.

My guess is that long lost strains genetic footprint might well be inside there, somewhere, and all them seeds sound like winners. It's a lot of work, but I bet it's there. The plant needs to make love to itself. 😍 , I'm convinced all that stuff can be teased out again, possibly.

The real question here, In my mind; is does that one seed you grew represent that genetic line alone, ie.(did it self/stress pollinate) or was it some sort of cross created from a lone pollen that's not originally sk1 origin. Cause chocolate sounds a lot like something else, IMO, and you seem to have a lot in circulation at any given time.
Ya I still got the tootsie. It’s funny because im not interested in fems but this one I may do. The dude that helped me figure out what the flavor was told me this should be my first fem project.
and in my opinion it absolutely does not self pollinate. It was very clear to me it was the gg4 I had when I harvest a gg4 after the tootsie. I’m not sure if the one I had is the same as Buds, his seems much more dense, mine had duck feet buds that were hard as hell to trim especially on a bummer batch.
Here some tootsie for you day 19. Frost already accumulating.
These were stunting a few days ago after using powersi, it was sinking my ph the 3.9 abut I adjusted it and took a lot of ph up, started noticing issues so I scratched it now they are getting back to normal.

2D65A3D8 A17B 4E17 A929 7CFC331F93D1
BA5CD216 E6C0 4A9F 8A37 224EAA5E78DA
D7B88F84 80AA 4B1C 895A 23FDF9C5DAC3

Latest posts

Top Bottom