Variety’s seed selecting and pollination thread

• Thread starter Trustfall
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Observationist

Observationist

Looks good from where I'm standing; sure it didn't get some light stress or something that might have precipitated it somehow? Some Sativa's are simply touchy; it seems. Looks frosty and fat. Nice internodes; lots to admire there. Frosty sugar leaves; ect. Is she stinky?

Aren't you the one with a parrot? Check out this video.😂 Looks like my mom's first bird, plucked feathers and all.
View attachment 1200368
Thanks for sharing this, that’s aamazing

I just took a bong rip of gelato 41
I did not cough at all
it was such a smooth hit

what is the exact science behind smooth hits

the humidity in the bud? Chlorphyll bud?
Is it ALL in the dry and cure?

apparently flushing is just broscience according to Ed rosenthal and fuck I forgot his other name…some AMA on Reddit/r/micro growery

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Looks good from where I'm standing; sure it didn't get some light stress or something that might have precipitated it somehow? Some Sativa's are simply touchy; it seems. Looks frosty and fat. Nice internodes; lots to admire there. Frosty sugar leaves; ect. Is she stinky?

Aren't you the one with a parrot? Check out this video.😂 Looks like my mom's first bird, plucked feathers and all.
View attachment 1200368
My god you know what! So the room has a door and a piece of plastic on the inside for a light barrier and I tore it down without any to replace and never put it back up. Turns out I saw some stuff fox tailing and I bet that is why. What a bone head. Just got more plastic but the crop is almost down. 🤦🏼💆🏼

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I did not cough at all
it was such a smooth hit

apparently flushing is just broscience according to Ed rosenthal and fuck I forgot his other name…some AMA on Reddit/r/micro growery
oh g41! I’m running that one after I finish trimming down this room.
Some strains make me cough more then others In smoking weed forn and concentrates. I made Molokai frost and tootsie rosin and the MD would make you cough everytime and the tootsie was no cough at all lol. As long as the cough is in the throat and not the lungs you are good to go IMO. Mold cough will attack the lungs.

Observationist

Observationist

oh g41! I’m running that one after I finish trimming down this room.
Some strains make me cough more then others In smoking weed forn and concentrates. I made Molokai frost and tootsie rosin and the MD would make you cough everytime and the tootsie was no cough at all lol. As long as the cough is in the throat and not the lungs you are good to go IMO. Mold cough will attack the lungs.
i kinda wanna grow that now lol

it was a great taste and very smooth hit, guess it was dried/cured well.

interesting how it works...

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Thanks for sharing this, that’s aamazing

I did not cough at all
it was such a smooth hit

I can't say I'm any kind of expert on this subject; but here goes.

My belief is it's all of it. Everything>> from say after week 1 flower going forward. How much fertilizer, how clean the nutrients are assimilated; exact ratio's ect... The light; humidity, temps; airflow; and air purity. All of it; plus what you list. Chlorophyll being bled out of tissues correctly; targeted humidity. Proper aging...

I don't think it hurts to flush a few days; but 3 is usually all I bother with; and often not at all. I deduce; If your substrate is clean and healthy; your good IMO. You should be flushing the plant during the grow, in it's entirety IMO. 10-20% runoff every time. I flush; and give nutrients; all at the same time, actually; depending on what I'm doing at any given moment. Proper Enzyme activity = flushing. <--- More efficient than gobs of water.

My god you know what! So the room has a door and a piece of plastic on the inside for a light barrier and I tore it down without any to replace and never put it back up. Turns out I saw some stuff fox tailing and I bet that is why. What a bone head. Just got more plastic but the crop is almost down. 🤦🏼💆🏼

Yea, I've seen pinholes do shit like that; in the past; it's easy to overlook brother; especially with all you've got going on there. 🙄 Or a fucking LED attached to a power supply; ect. Some Sativa's simply seem that finicky IMO; whereas another more (stable) Indica leaning strain doesn't flinch. I think true herm is far more rare than we generally surmise.

Maybe it was more common years ago; but even so I think, perhaps, there was just more inexperience/mis-information circulating. Got's too have an (external) reason behind a failure....😂🤣😅 It's human nature. Self-efficacy and objectivity are never mutually exclusive; at least in my mind.

Last edited:
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Ya Frank it’s like I knew about it and kind of brushed it off. Usually I stay on top of this kind of stuff but when trim time comes that’s when the neglect can begin. But I’m working on it, the better organized I stay the less issues like this happen. I will definitely address this issue.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
The boys are back in town 😎
PNG x Kashmir, purple punch x ibg99, sd(first class) x grape cream cake f2 and watwrmelonz x grape cream cake f2. Not sure if I’m going to collect from any yet but o see a few that look nice. Around day 12 I like to take them out and let them show themselves lol

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Ya Frank it’s like I knew about it and kind of brushed it off. Usually I stay on top of this kind of stuff but when trim time comes that’s when the neglect can begin. But I’m working on it, the better organized I stay the less issues like this happen. I will definitely address this issue.

Bubba; changing little things about ourselves is simply the #1 hardest thing to accomplish in life; hands down; period.
routine; organization & keeping it humble; the holy grail of everything in life; IMO. routine = stability = hemostasis/balance

I used to get paid for developing protocols; solving problems; make systems work; monitor; oversight; it's what I did for a living. It's what I traveled the country doing; aka managing controlled chaos (usually disgruntled grumpy people) 😂. managing what can/does go wrong; ect... (and not over-reacting) It's a big part of who I've become in this world. I'm good at it
6XwmBDsFe3IBgfy8VQzZSA

Back to what I was saying; routine; so much in life is about routine; developing failsafe protocols. Before time gets crunched; develop basic fundamentals; write them down if need be; or put it up on the fridge so you don't miss it; do walk though morning/night; dedicate <5 min to routine; no matter what. I'm sure your doing much of this already; Many times "potential problems" are sitting before us and we simply cannot see past something. (mental block/focus on something else/too busy/distractions/ect.) Sometimes fresh eyes are all that's needed; or peer review; ect... Developing protocols; so shit doesn't happen again. Or adhering to strict protocols (routines) for managing ongoing problems...

I've got tremendous respect for what your doing here; cause I see/add up the work/hours being toiled. @BudGoodman He's a maniac; balances caring for his horses/livestock/pets; a wife; a working farm; he's such a well oiled machine. But it really helps when your doing something that's a true love; it shows.

Routines; protocols; evaluation; When that fails; fall back to; re-assessment; diagnosis; planning; and new-implementations... round and round it goes; until problem is SOLVED.. (problems are never solved). I think peer review/inspection of the ugly is at minimum; a learning experience for everyone involved here; I wish we talked about it more. But for some; it's a touchy; uncomfortable; sensitive subject.

Last edited:
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Bubba; changing little things about ourselves is simply the #1 hardest thing to accomplish in life; hands down; period.
routine; organization & keeping it humble; the holy grail of everything in life; IMO. routine = stability = hemostasis/balance

I used to get paid for developing protocols; solving problems; make systems work; monitor; oversight; it's what I did for a living. It's what I traveled the country doing; aka managing controlled chaos (usually disgruntled grumpy people) 😂. managing what can/does go wrong; ect... (and not over-reacting) It's a big part of who I've become in this world. I'm good at it
View attachment 1201064

Back to what I was saying; routine; so much in life is about routine; developing failsafe protocols. Before time gets crunched; develop basic fundamentals; write them down if need be; or put it up on the fridge so you don't miss it; do walk though morning/night; dedicate <5 min to routine; no matter what. I'm sure your doing much of this already; Many times "potential problems" are sitting before us and we simply cannot see past something. (mental block/focus on something else/too busy/distractions/ect.) Sometimes fresh eyes are all that's needed; or peer review; ect... Developing protocols; so shit doesn't happen again. Or adhering to strict protocols (routines) for managing ongoing problems...

I've got tremendous respect for what your doing here; cause I see/add up the work/hours being toiled. @BudGoodman He's a maniac; balances caring for his horses/livestock/pets; a wife; a working farm; he's such a well oiled machine. But it really helps when your doing something that's a true love; it shows.

Routines; protocols; evaluation; When that fails; fall back to; re-assessment; diagnosis; planning; and new-implementations... round and round it goes; until problem is SOLVED.. (problems are never solved). I think peer review/inspection of the ugly is at minimum; a learning experience for everyone involved here; I wish we talked about it more. But for some; it's a touchy; uncomfortable; sensitive subject.
Really nice post here frank! It’s touchy uncomfortable and sensitive for the people who want to blame all their grow(and life) problems on someone or something other then themselves. Eventually you run out of people/things to blame it on and the cycle stays on repeat.
one that gets me is people who need something like clones/seeds etc, give me give me give me. Then if a pest or a herm problem or whatever pops up it’s the guy who gave them the products fault. Or it’s the bag of dirts fault for having gnats in it etc. once we start taking responsibility is when thing start to change for the better.

P

Pike

Really nice post here frank! It’s touchy uncomfortable and sensitive for the people who want to blame all their grow(and life) problems on someone or something other then themselves. Eventually you run out of people/things to blame it on and the cycle stays on repeat.
one that gets me is people who need something like clones/seeds etc, give me give me give me. Then if a pest or a herm problem or whatever pops up it’s the guy who gave them the products fault. Or it’s the bag of dirts fault for having gnats in it etc. once we start taking responsibility is when thing start to change for the better.
I’m still pissed about those bales of promix loaded with gnats, lol.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I’m still pissed about those bales of promix loaded with gnats, lol.
lol, I think it’s ok to be pissed about it. But blaming it for all that has went wrong since the gnat laced promix that’s where the problem lays. Continuing to complain about it without taking the steps to correct the issue and making sure it doesn’t happen again that’s where we need to take responsibility.

Anthem

Anthem

I
The boys are back in town 😎
PNG x Kashmir, purple punch x ibg99, sd(first class) x grape cream cake f2 and watwrmelonz x grape cream cake f2. Not sure if I’m going to collect from any yet but o see a few that look nice. Around day 12 I like to take them out and let them show themselves lol
I really need to pop the watermelon x grape cream cake

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Are you seeing 9 fingered leaves already?
I am a pretty interesting one right now. Smells just like an orange push pop. The citrus smell is intense. Having problems with my nutrients and I think I finally figured it out.
Honestly haven’t even really looked at the till today. I saw the pp cross fan leaves from across the room so decided to go peak then that Wz caught my eye lol. But ya I see 9 if you count the smaller ones by the stem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom