Variety’s seed selecting and pollination thread

• Thread starter Trustfall
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Hitting the jar today, original diesel x Molokai frost. Funny how it looks so different depending on the angle of the light. Was chopped at 77 days. So that’s not bad at all as far as time it takes.

4E80175F 042A 408F B8A6 4C43A59A2EFA
73359A1F 2471 4A81 9155 2FAFA3629B5A
F4D91AAA 1595 4D46 A6CB 1BBCC7FB54BB
790C65B5 767E 4CB0 A5CC A50F9DADA34E
BA7CC644 D5F9 42D2 8836 B80D7A73E2BA
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I 100 percent agree that you can get a full canopy with LEDS probably more even and full than with HPS, the canopy might even be part of the challenge to get penetration. It just seems that you will get more dense buds down the stem further with HPS. You can take a look at a bud and get a pretty good idea if it was grown under LED or HPS by the density and length. IMO LED's have shower denser buds at the top and more lard at the bottom while HPS have longer less dense buds. Does this lend itself to one having better penetration than the other? I do not know. Spectrum is different between the two so that could have some to do with it as well. While I have no complaints about LED's it just seems odd that most all of the large grow ops are still under HPS than LED. Cost for some of the large commercial LED bars has dropped almost in half in the last year so you would think more would be switching
Agreed; and HPS certainly have much farther reach... I think well eventually see hybrids appear; and the optimum is somewhere between. Or even things like greenhouse; mated to LED's. Could make use of indirect sunlight and within the limits of the years. Certainly different technology lend themselves better to any given situation; and grows vary widely. I also think various cultivars lend themselves better to certain techniques than others.
2013 06 07 0847

LED's strength is close up; and spread out wide....
Received intensity vs distance

There's obviously a lot more learning that cannabis appears capable of that we currently don't understand very well. In my mind; light seems to illuminate a plants natural intelligence.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
That one is almost all tk. I think the grape male I picked actually isn’t what I was looking for. It’s putting off the skunky grape more then sweet grape that I hoped for. So to my surprise the skunky grape I thought I didn’t like really did well with the triangle.
The Wz and real sour crosses are hitting the midway point and not getting a lot of sweet from any of them either, I think the sour may go well with the skunk grape too.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
That one is almost all tk. I think the grape male I picked actually isn’t what I was looking for. It’s putting off the skunky grape more then sweet grape that I hoped for. So to my surprise the skunky grape I thought I didn’t like really did well with the triangle.
The Wz and real sour crosses are hitting the midway point and not getting a lot of sweet from any of them either, I think the sour may go well with the skunk grape too.

Top Bottom