Veg In Soil For Rdwc

• Thread starter james007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
james007

james007

hi guy I have vegged my cuttings in soil in 1 litre pots and now want to transfer in to my rdwc system. I have a 12 site 60 litre RDWC system and I am going to transfer the plants into clay pebbles. My question is, I am a little bit worried that the soil may over saturate once in clay plays placed into the system. Is this method ok or is there anything I should do not to run the risk of over saturation?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

hi guy I have vegged my cuttings in soil in 1 litre pots and now want to transfer in to my rdwc system. I have a 12 site 60 litre RDWC system and I am going to transfer the plants into clay pebbles. My question is, I am a little bit worried that the soil may over saturate once in clay plays placed into the system. Is this method ok or is there anything I should do not to run the risk of over saturation?
Youir gonna have to rinse ALL the soil off the roots, then ntransplant....
U better just start over.. Your heading in to turn 3 like Dale Earnhart...

james007

james007

Youir gonna have to rinse ALL the soil off the roots, then ntransplant....
U better just start over.. Your heading in to turn 3 like Dale Earnhart...

So I can't just hang the roots into the water without submersing the soil in?

james007

james007

Surely if rock wool can be used which is more absorbent than soil, soil can be used in the same principle as rock wool?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Bro nobody in there right mind would put soil in dwc. If your hell bent on it, then see for yourself. I told you what your options were. I work 8 hrs a day brother, and I have no where the time to explain all the reasons it wont work.
Im slightly amazed that you spent all that money and had the sense to build a rdwc system, but didnt quite no what your game plan is...
Here is my advice! Take it or leave it...
Take 15 clones off your soil plants, root them, and put your best 12 in the system. Root the clones in rapid rooters... Rooters can be planted straight into hydroton in dwc...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

And welcome to the farm! Its a 12 month course, that will cost a at least a grand by the time its over...

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

I start all my seeds in soil and transplant to water. I do it while their still in solo cups so it's easy. Just get a 5 gallon bucket of water and dunk your root ball in and out of the water. I always have small sticks n shit still stuck to the roots but it won't hurt anything.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I start all my seeds in soil and transplant to water. I do it while their still in solo cups so it's easy. Just get a 5 gallon bucket of water and dunk your root ball in and out of the water. I always have small sticks n shit still stuck to the roots but it won't hurt anything.
I did recommend him washing the soil off the roots. I will concur...
Even tho, this is not the way i would recommend to a newbie, and I deff wouldnt do that.
How ever i moved for mothers in coco, to rdwc to flower them out. It was rough and it took all my growing experience to get to the end, which I did :) But I had ph, ec, root rot, issues
Had to use ogbiowar tea to get them healthy again all during flower!
He asked if he could plant the root ball in the grow pot, and just let the roots grow in to the water...
What he isnt accounting for is he will have to top water till the roots go down in the water, and each time he will wash soil (mud) into the system to clog the filter sooner or later and prob flood the system, or burn up the pump...

I would just take clones and do what I said, and flower the mothers out in soil, after taking a clone to restart your mother...

WIN 20170415 22 55 24 Pro
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Damn homie, you are an OG! Been lurking here since 2010!
Much respect!

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Yes, soil to hydro isn't ideal but starting seeds in soil IS. At least in my garden. I'm normally taking clones from an ez cloner and into the water which is ideal. No you can't suck a pile of soil into your undercurrent and expect things not to go to shit. Haha. Yea, I've been here a bit

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yes, soil to hydro isn't ideal but starting seeds in soil IS. At least in my garden. I'm normally taking clones from an ez cloner and into the water which is ideal. No you can't suck a pile of soil into your undercurrent and expect things not to go to shit. Haha. Yea, I've been here a bit
I ran a few soil girls just to make the soil guys here happy.. Not for me, unless outside!
I agree on the cloner to dwc.. Thats how I do it and for seeds I start them in Rapid rooters.. then into dwc or coco... Im doing a pheno hunt and some breeding soon so im puting them in coco dtw... But when I run production, I will run from cloner to rdwc...
So what do you run? What kind of setup?

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

I'm small time, two 600s. Bare bulbs hung horizontally on a mover. Running back and forth in a 6' tunnel. Kind of a sideways scrog. Then a stainless hydro system on each side of the room. Hard to explain

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I'm small time, two 600s. Bare bulbs hung horizontally on a mover. Running back and forth in a 6' tunnel. Kind of a sideways scrog. Then a stainless hydro system on each side of the room. Hard to explain
interesting! Stainless steel eh? Im not for sure i ever seen one stainless. I be interested in seeing a pic of that... Sideways scrog? As in your scrogging on a vertically hung scrog net?

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

I don't really post pics, I did post root pics in foodoos no air stones thread. waterfall's and DC drive pumps. I'll explain more of u wanna tag me in your thread. Don't wanna jumble up the thread

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Dizzy Weasel

Dizzy Weasel

Loves Eating Tacos
Supporter
Listen guys I genuinely need som help and advice on this matter, please help
Going into turn 3 like dale is great if you ain't first your last bud imho don't take advice from someone who has only done a few laps..

I hope you gave it a logical effort some of my heaviest runs have been soil veg, root bound in small containers the soil is kept from falling into DWC. Plant right on top of the stand no washing required if there solid white. Washed most of the soil off another run that was just getting into dirt and seen more user friendly transplant results this way I would do it every time but for me everything stays dwc so daddy can be with the big trees outside and they water them selves.. I also lightly pump sprayed organic goodness in the bio zone of dirt on these runs (keeping it from draining off into DWC)

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Going into turn 3 like dale is great if you ain't first your last bud imho don't take advice from someone who has only done a few laps..

I hope you gave it a logical effort some of my heaviest runs have been soil veg, root bound in small containers the soil is kept from falling into DWC. Plant right on top of the stand no washing required if there solid white. Washed most of the soil off another run that was just getting into dirt and seen more user friendly transplant results this way I would do it every time but for me everything stays dwc so daddy can be with the big trees outside and they water them selves.. I also lightly pump sprayed organic goodness in the bio zone of dirt on these runs (keeping it from draining off into DWC)
pics or it didnt happen?

Top Bottom