Veg Room recommendations

• Thread starter RoyalRoutes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RoyalRoutes

Hey guys today I start to build my veg room.
Curious of any improvements I can make or things to add

right now I have some amazon blurple leds. They’re heating up the room but I’ve already sealed off the window so can’t get any air through there.

Anyone use quantum boards?

figured to paint the floors and walls white

Other implementations?

Veg room recommendations
Timbo0716

Timbo0716

Welcome to the Farm! Nice size room you have there, how many plants are you looking to grow? I'm sure if you get some sizes of room you have, someone will chime in and give you some great info!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey guys today I start to build my veg room.
Curious of any improvements I can make or things to add

right now I have some amazon blurple leds. They’re heating up the room but I’ve already sealed off the window so can’t get any air through there.

Anyone use quantum boards?

figured to paint the floors and walls white

Other implementations?
With a sealed room your gonna need AC, dehumidification and possibly CO2 supplementation

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

With a sealed room your gonna need AC, dehumidification and possibly CO2 supplementation
I’m on the fence leaning towards a sealed 8x8 room also. Will this setup require an intake fan along with the extraction fan? Also would a small window a/c with temp control work?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m on the fence leaning towards a sealed 8x8 room also. Will this setup require an intake fan along with the extraction fan? Also would a small window a/c with temp control work?
4x6x6.5 sealed room I made has CO2 supplementation. 4x4 is grow space. Can easily change to an 8x8 with the same equipment. I used foam cause it's easy can do from drywall etc

IMG 20190613 105305
IMG 20190521 112710
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The fan and filter are a scrubber and no fresh air is brought in. It draws air from the top of the grow side to the filer you see to aid in circulation and smell

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

4x6x6.5 sealed room I made has CO2 supplementation. 4x4 is grow space. Can easily change to an 8x8 with the same equipment. I used foam cause it's easy can do from drywall etc
Nice! I’m starting from scratch in my garage. Just finished the frame for the floor for the 8x8 room. My intentions were to use the 5x5 platform on top of the floor frame as the actual grow space. So a 5x5 grow space in a 8x8 room.
I’m new so help me understand why with a sealed room with CO2 that you don’t need to bring in fresh air?
1FC56840 0217 41E0 A25E D64E0F300B3F

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nice! I’m starting from scratch in my garage. Just finished the frame for the floor for the 8x8 room. My intentions were to use the 5x5 platform on top of the floor frame as the actual grow space. So a 5x5 grow space in a 8x8 room.
I’m new so help me understand why with a sealed room with CO2 that you don’t need to bring in fresh air? View attachment 907938
So your in a different scenario. I went with sealed room because mine is in my house. You can't smell anything from even a foot away. So with it being sealed I had to supplement CO2 I didn't actually build it specifically to have CO2 but it was an advantage imo. With you if your not worried about smell an intake and exhaust would be fine. And would likely eliminate the need for a dehumidifier or AC. But in doing so it also can make it more difficult to control the environment. A sealed room is much more expensive but also I feel has a lot more control and much less worry of pests. Both have their benefits. Sealed will also cost more in power because of the needed equipment.

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

So your in a different scenario. I went with sealed room because mine is in my house. You can't smell anything from even a foot away. So with it being sealed I had to supplement CO2 I didn't actually build it specifically to have CO2 but it was an advantage imo. With you if your not worried about smell an intake and exhaust would be fine. And would likely eliminate the need for a dehumidifier or AC. But in doing so it also can make it more difficult to control the environment. A sealed room is much more expensive but also I feel has a lot more control and much less worry of pests. Both have their benefits. Sealed will also cost more in power because of the needed equipment.
Definitely trying to be in as much control as possible. Im purchasing the blulab controller for auto dosing, ac & heater for temp control, dehum to control humidity, sealed room to lessen the chances of pests i'm all for that. I'll probably go with the co2 tanks instead of the burners and make it a sealed hybrid. I believe in fresh air. I do want to keep the smell down though. No problems with the neighbors, its the wife i want keep it from lol. I smoke daily so its not that she doesnt know about it. She just dont know im about to grow lol. But ultimately she wont get in the way if/when she does

R

RoyalRoutes

Seems like nothing but feels really good to star some of these renovations. Hopefully years from now I can scale these ideas in commercial setting .
Welcome to the Farm! Nice size room you have there, how many plants are you looking to grow? I'm sure if you get some sizes of room you have, someone will chime in and give you some great info!

I can only have what my med card allows me to grow so not many. My goal is to Grow bigger plants so I can try different techniques and see which ones work

8E943187 6725 4998 8B6F F31B8AC0BEE9
SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

What size is your ac? I found a 12k for $150 that I’m supposed to pick up tomorrow. Will that be enough? I’ll be running 2-315cmh

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What size is your ac? I found a 12k for $150 that I’m supposed to pick up tomorrow. Will that be enough? I’ll be running 2-315cmh
Mine is 8000btu and it's more than enough. it's like the smallest one available.

R

RoyalRoutes

So I ended up cutting the room in half almost10.5x3.5 scrog and 3.5x4 scrog. I have another veg/flower room I’m building out of a 10x10. I’m using quantum boards from alibaba(they are amazing) 480watts x4 (waiting on last two) and 7 in the 10x10 they cover a 4x4but with more light per sq ft is more yield per sq ft. Room is vented out with small 4in inline on thermostat and portable ac. I am getting 20lbs co2 tank and troll master curious how long that tank would last at 1200ppm drywall will be sealed this week and room is 8x10

FB14AC3D E407 4CF3 8D4A 0B0E6202D579
A2EDF80F 832D 4AB2 A968 F9C3EA1CC10E
F8451B3E AB4C 4A80 AD6F F47FBA9984C6
D9362BBD 4800 49DC 905A 194D17CE91EA
31D8A4B9 7DF7 46BE AA25 CB44FAD27045

Latest posts

Top Bottom