Veg tent has some type of mites in soil. Best fix?

• Thread starter CannabinoidCarson33
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannabinoidCarson33

CannabinoidCarson33

Hello growers,

I'm in need of assistance... I have a veg tent going with 4 plants growing on a 18/6 schedule in a 65%soil 35%perlite mixture in a 2x2 tent. They are 4 different strains I bought as clones (not cheap) from the dispensary and are healthy and thriving.
I was inspecting my plants and soil as I generally do, and SOMEHOW, (IDK HOW I NOTICED SOMETHING SO SMALL, BUT I DID), noticed what Im assuming are some type of mite. They look almost white and are so small its almost impossible to see them with the naked eye. They are not on the plants, only on the soil so far and Im trying to keep it that way.

I immediately got upset and took action by mixing neem oil and spraying it all over everything in the tent. I also bought Diatomaceous earth and tossed it all around on the plants and on the top of the soil.

My question is, WHAT WILL FIX THE ISSUE BEFORE IT GETS OUT OF HAND?
I know there are a few really good sprays but they seem super expensive and I only have 4 plants! Any suggestions are appreciated. Throwing them away is my last resort since I paid for the clones... Thanks.

By the way... How did I get those things? Were they already on the plant when I brought it home or what?
Veg tent has some type of mites in soil best fix

CannabinoidCarson33

CannabinoidCarson33

I was able to get a picture of 1, if anyone can identify this thing it would REALLY help me get rid of em'. Thx!

20210503 0907442

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
if you use DE that will do. anything with an exoskeleton will die! they cannot build a resistance either. just use the food grade for safety. i use a mustard squeeze bottle (not the shaker, too messy and hard to clean up) and make a thin line all around the edge of the tent. anything that crawls across it dies. then do one around the base of each pot, and one around the soil in the pot. i dont use it on the plants, it makes them look yucky. wont hurt them, and if you use food grade not a bad thing, i just dont like it. but by putting up a barrier of DE around things, nothing gets in and lives to tell!

ive used DE for 60 years... just not on weed stuff! but i grew up and raised my family on a farm and we just always used it everywhere. didnt hurt the deer dogs either!

Hands On

Hands On

i use it for spider mites and for a preventive maintenance

Top Bottom