Veg tent inside a flowering tent?

• Thread starter Misanthrope
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Misanthrope

Misanthrope

I've got an 8x4 tent I'm going to set up for flowering but I only need 4x4 or so. To consolidate space, I was thinking of putting a 2.5'x2.5' tent inside for vegging. My 395 CFM exhaust fan is enough for the 8x4x7 total volume. With another exhaust in the smaller veg tent, I think I have sufficient ventilation. I'm fairly certain I can prevent light leaks. Temperatures will be higher but my rooms tend to be fairly cold, especially thru the winter. Has anyone tried a tent within a tent? Any ideas, thoughts, concerns I should have?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've got an 8x4 tent I'm going to set up for flowering but I only need 4x4 or so. To consolidate space, I was thinking of putting a 2.5'x2.5' tent inside for vegging. My 395 CFM exhaust fan is enough for the 8x4x7 total volume. With another exhaust in the smaller veg tent, I think I have sufficient ventilation. I'm fairly certain I can prevent light leaks. Temperatures will be higher but my rooms tend to be fairly cold, especially thru the winter. Has anyone tried a tent within a tent? Any ideas, thoughts, concerns I should have?
They have 2 sided tents with a divider down the middle, yours would be virtually the same thing.....so why not. I've a 5x5 and a 3x3 I thing it would work as well for me if needed.

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

when i ordered my 4x8 i thought it was split, it was not. I ended up using the floor pan, and three more layers of tarps to light proof. It was a pain, but what youre asking should work.

P

PahPahCee

It will work if you seal all light leaks. It’s not ideal. I like the let the room drop 10-15F during the night cycle. The tent inside a tent might. Throw those temps off.

Also what’s your plan for drying? You would now need a 3rd area isolated from the tent in a tent to regulate those conditions.

Top Bottom