Vegetation plants all differnt

• Thread starter hydro8139
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hydro8139

hydro8139

Hey guys Looking for some help on my plants I started all as seedling. Some plants are 3" tall some are 8" tall some look healthy others dont. should Instill follow the 6week veg from seedling or should I let them grow a certain amount height wise.. what would cause them to grow so differnt.. their are 3 differnt strands here also. they are 4 weeks old from the day i planted

Vegetation plants all differnt
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Different strains. Even different seeds from the same strain can need different levels of nutrients.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey guys Looking for some help on my plants I started all as seedling. Some plants are 3" tall some are 8" tall some look healthy others dont. should Instill follow the 6week veg from seedling or should I let them grow a certain amount height wise.. what would cause them to grow so differnt.. their are 3 differnt strands here also. they are 4 weeks old from the day i planted
Genetics. I mean that looks extreme to me but when growing from seed depending how well the strain was stabilized it will have varying characteristics from seed to seed. Well stabilized the genetics willy give much less varying phenotypes from seed to seed.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When you see people pheno hunting this is what they are doing. Since a plant from seed can express different phenos as @MIMedGrower stated they can have different feed requirements, growth rates, yields, thc content and the list goes on and on. They are trying to find a mother to clone will all the traits they are looking for. Usually large resinous buds, compact fast growth, nice terp profile easy growing... Etc etc etc

hydro8139

hydro8139

When you see people pheno hunting this is what they are doing. Since a plant from seed can express different phenos as @MIMedGrower stated they can have different feed requirements, growth rates, yields, thc content and the list goes on and on. They are trying to find a mother to clone will all the traits they are looking for. Usually large resinous buds, compact fast growth, nice terp profile easy growing... Etc etc etc

That makes sense but how does one know how much nutrients each needs. i just follow a generic chart but I do use all the nuts they say to. should I wait to see if they start growing healthier to transfer to harvest in 2 weeks?

hydro8139

hydro8139

right now im using cyco grow, dr repair, zyme, b1 and keeping ph between 5.5-6.5

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That makes sense but how does one know how much nutrients each needs. i just follow a generic chart but I do use all the nuts they say to. should I wait to see if they start growing healthier to transfer to harvest in 2 weeks?
You just have to read the plants. In general if you have a balanced fert normally you can go by nitrogen. Different size plants will also have different needs. Personally I would tend to the needs of the most robust plants. Then clone before flower and you then know you have all robust clones that will grow the same.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Keep ph 5.6-6.1 I prefer 5.8-6.0 bit some strain like it a bit lower. 6.5 is way to high

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Mostly strain related, as the plants all look pretty healthy. I grew a Jack Herer and it took 3 weeks to get the 1st set of leaves, while others were towering above it. It caught up eventually, but some strains stall after sprouting and develop big root systems, then seem to grow at an accelerated rate. Of course, some seeds are better than others, as was mentioned earlier.
One thing that I did notice is that the plants seem tallest at one end of the growing area, while the smallest are at the opposite end. Is this just a coincidence or is there a light dispersion problem, where one end gets a lot more than the other? I grow in Promix so I can't comment on your nutrients or Ph, but everything looks pretty good as far as I can see.

hydro8139

hydro8139

Mostly strain related, as the plants all look pretty healthy. I grew a Jack Herer and it took 3 weeks to get the 1st set of leaves, while others were towering above it. It caught up eventually, but some strains stall after sprouting and develop big root systems, then seem to grow at an accelerated rate. Of course, some seeds are better than others, as was mentioned earlier.
One thing that I did notice is that the plants seem tallest at one end of the growing area, while the smallest are at the opposite end. Is this just a coincidence or is there a light dispersion problem, where one end gets a lot more than the other? I grow in Promix so I can't comment on your nutrients or Ph, but everything looks pretty good as far as I can see.

I moved those plants that way so i could properly disperse the light and have the end of light higher for the taller plants

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I moved those plants that way so i could properly disperse the light and have the end of light higher for the taller plants
Why not give them even light? That's going to affect it as well

Top Bottom