vegging before being placed in uc to flower

• Thread starter cheech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheech

hi all.

i need to figure out a preveg setup so that i have plants to replace the plants in the uc when they are done flowering. i don't want to hook up another rdwc setup to veg them in, because i am almost at my main amp capacity, so i can't really get another chiller or i'll really be pushing it, and i would be over it by the time summer roles around when i need to plug the ac units in.

i was thinking 4x4 gordan cubes to veg in while my plants are flowering. my question is, how long do you think i would have to continue veging the plants in the uc? with my perpetual setup i probably should have gone with ebb n flow, because i want a real quick turn over, with the bedroom flower rooms always on 12/12.. but now i think i'll have to continue vegging for 2 weeks to get roots in the 5 gallon buckets. anyone out there know how long i'll have to veg them in the uc system before i can flip? keep in mind my uc is a diy with 5 gallon buckets. thanks

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Perpetual ebb cycle in the net pots that go into your system. Air stone out the flood tray and run a constant flood cycle to entice some nice water roots before transfer to your 5 gal UC.

Seems like 2 weeks if done proper should be plenty before moving to UC'ish system with no veg, just flip to bloom.

Globel

Globel

I plan on doing the constant ebb table. But I am using Botonicare lids and I am keeping the net pots about 2" off the bottom of the table. You can order them from americanagrotec pre cut with 12 8" holes for net pots.

R

RMCG

I'm doing an aeroponic (PVC bar w/ sprayers) setup in a 27g HD tub. I have (8) 5" netpots in that one and get nice long roots quickly in veg to drop in to the UC.

I just implemented a 3x3 e&f table for (9) 8" netpots to drop in to the Evolution.

Debating whether to add a lid like Globel suggested and doing 'Shallow Water Culture' for veg vs E&F.

F

f1ydave

I'm doing an aeroponic (PVC bar w/ sprayers) setup in a 27g HD tub. I have (8) 5" netpots in that one and get nice long roots quickly in veg to drop in to the UC.

I just implemented a 3x3 e&f table for (9) 8" netpots to drop in to the Evolution.

Debating whether to add a lid like Globel suggested and doing 'Shallow Water Culture' for veg vs E&F.

Ive been thinking about doing the same or something similar with the 27g tote bin.

R

RMCG

Ive been thinking about doing the same or something similar with the 27g tote bin.

It works well.

You can see it in the background. Not much to it.

Would be better if there was a way to easily drain/fill/topoff the res, but for 10 minutes with a PVC cutter and a drill, it'll do. The plants aren't in it for too long, so really just keep it topped up/pH'ed and empty/clean it afterwards.

Two days in the tote:

VEGDAY2_01.JPG

A few days later:

DAY5_VEG1.jpg

F

FatFreddysKat

Now when your 5" net pots and ladies are ready to go into the UC, do you just place 5" pot into 8" net pot and fill?I was debating on using smaller netpots, but wanted to ease of using 1 size pot throughout cycles, taking my cuttings, vegging, then right into bloom when ready!!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I plan on doing the constant ebb table. But I am using Botonicare lids and I am keeping the net pots about 2" off the bottom of the table. You can order them from americanagrotec pre cut with 12 8" holes for net pots.

globel you have a link to the supplier that has the lids with the 8" holes?

that link only shows lids, not with the 8" holes and I been looking for just that as I have a surplus of 2 x 4 trays laying around

all I have been able to find on the internet is lids with 15-5" holes

for what its worth - I dont think its a very good idea to try and transplant into another netpot - use the right size netpot for veg

R

RMCG

Now when your 5" net pots and ladies are ready to go into the UC, do you just place 5" pot into 8" net pot and fill?I was debating on using smaller netpots, but wanted to ease of using 1 size pot throughout cycles, taking my cuttings, vegging, then right into bloom when ready!!

The 5" pots are for a different (DIY UC styled) system.

I'm using a table for the 8" netpots to go directly in to the UC.

I vegged in the EZ Cloner so they were ~very~ established when they went in to the 8".

C

cheech

rmcg are you using a chiller for your veg aero system? if not now, you probably plan on using one during the summer?

R

RMCG

rmcg are you using a chiller for your veg aero system? if not now, you probably plan on using one during the summer?

Not in that tote. Cold basement floor.

For the the E&F table, I doubt it too, even in the summer, I will have to see. If I do, it will be a small one (40g res).

My plan is to go EZ-Cloner -> E&F table -> UC Veg system (maybe a chiller) -> UC Flower system (definitely a chiller)

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

This is how In used to veg mine

18_day_rswc_001.jpg

Day_4_veg_rswc_frostitute_007.jpg

The roots after 2 weeks from clone
18_day_rswc_005.jpg

Its a 3x6 botanicare tray with the thick pink foam board from home depot. I had a rez under the table and would top feed em with 1/4" feed lines. In the tray I had the drain set to leave about 3" of water. So it was a rswd system. You can use supernatural nutes and you wont have to really worry about root rot because its all chem nutes. For shits and giggles throw in some aqaushield.
Give em 2-3 weeks in there and go straight to bloom in the UC.
Any Qs just ask
Good luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom