Ventilation 3x2 Tent w/ LED

• Thread starter OCKushCollector
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OCKushCollector

OCKushCollector

Hello, I am new here and will be starting my first indoor grow soon. I will be starting in a 3x3 tent for a personal grow and to build experience with a Blackstar 240 watt LED. It will be an organic soil grow if that matters with 2 or 3 plants (how many is best for this setup?). What would be the most efficient way to ventilate this setup? Is there a certain "kit" I can use, or would it be better to piece something together? Odor control is also important. Many thanks in advance.

U

unoeye

I can't say for a LED because no experience but I might be able to help a little.

First What is your rooms ambient temps that the tent is kept in. Also the temp in your tent lights on and off.

I am using just a small booster inline fan with a air cooled hood and a 400w and it keeps my room perfect, although it does get a lil to cold with lights off sometimes.

With led you should not need very much in terms of cooling as from what I have heard they don't produce much heat.

You could use something along these lines http://www.amazon.com/Inline-Carbon-Filter-Combo-Scrubber/dp/B005GJ7TFE

I don't know how the smaller filter will work as I have never used one that small.

I would probably go with a 6" inline\scrubber combo just to be safe on the smell. I would also get a fan speed controller. You will have to leave the fan on to keep the smell in during night cycles and it will drop temps considerably depending on where you are getting the air from. It will also take a lot of humidity out of the room which could be a good or bad thing depending on your environment.

Hopefully someone with a little more experience in cooling can help.

Take care and good luck

OCKushCollector

OCKushCollector

I can't say for a LED because no experience but I might be able to help a little.

First What is your rooms ambient temps that the tent is kept in. Also the temp in your tent lights on and off.

I am using just a small booster inline fan with a air cooled hood and a 400w and it keeps my room perfect, although it does get a lil to cold with lights off sometimes.

With led you should not need very much in terms of cooling as from what I have heard they don't produce much heat.

You could use something along these lines http://www.amazon.com/Inline-Carbon-Filter-Combo-Scrubber/dp/B005GJ7TFE

I don't know how the smaller filter will work as I have never used one that small.

I would probably go with a 6" inline\scrubber combo just to be safe on the smell. I would also get a fan speed controller. You will have to leave the fan on to keep the smell in during night cycles and it will drop temps considerably depending on where you are getting the air from. It will also take a lot of humidity out of the room which could be a good or bad thing depending on your environment.

Hopefully someone with a little more experience in cooling can help.

Take care and good luck

Thanks, this info does help me a bunch as I am starting from square one here. The room that the tent will be in stays around the upper 60's, maybe low 70's with fairly low humidity. I will check my thermometer/hygrometer just to be sure, when I get home.

As far as heat, I am not all that concerned with as you stated the LED lights give off much less heat. But it is still a concern. I want to make sure that there will be adequate air flow to keep the plants healthy and strong, as well as controlling odor. So should I place another small fan inside the tent by the air vent on the bottom of the tent?

L

Lost Dog

4" in line fan and a 4" x 12" carbon filter should do you. How do you plan on venting the tent air just back into the room or out side? The 4" x 12" should cover you on most smell but you might want to get something a little extra for in the room.

OCKushCollector

OCKushCollector

I could vent it outside but it would be a 10-15 foot run of duct up from the tent and through the attic, do you think that fan would have enough pressure to pump the air out that far?

L

Lost Dog

I could vent it outside but it would be a 10-15 foot run of duct up from the tent and through the attic, do you think that fan would have enough pressure to pump the air out that far?

Not a 100% sure on that. But it probably could since 4" inline pushes a pretty good amount of air. But you might want to check with a dealer on that. You wouldn't want to have to many tight turns though. But since its a LED the air coming out is not very hot you could just vent it straight into the attic.

OCKushCollector

OCKushCollector

Not a 100% sure on that. But it probably could since 4" inline pushes a pretty good amount of air. But you might want to check with a dealer on that. You wouldn't want to have to many tight turns though. But since its a LED the air coming out is not very hot you could just vent it straight into the attic.

I thought about that and probably will just end up doing that. What about lights, I measured my space and it's big enough for a 4 x 2 tent. Am I better off with one 500 watter or 2-240's with 4 plants side by side?

L

Lost Dog

I thought about that and probably will just end up doing that. What about lights, I measured my space and it's big enough for a 4 x 2 tent. Am I better off with one 500 watter or 2-240's with 4 plants side by side?

You will probably be happier with the 2 - 240's.

The 2 lights will give you a larger foot print.

2 lights will give you more plant hight adjustability

To start plants you can just keep them under one light save some power and not have to worry about running the full in line fan and filter.

D

D1RTN4PS

Well Amazon has a deal on the 6's right now. 240 cfm for like $23. I bought one a month ago and just bought another one for my 600w HPS grow because i was pretty impressed for the price. It gets super hot in there. 2x4x6 closet... And they have 6 inch filters for like 26$. LED wholesalers got it going down on Amazon. But I haven't tried the filter...

ynotFOREVER

ynotFOREVER

heres my set up, so far its full proof, but its because how my room is designer that allows me to get proper venntalation. let me kno if u have any other questions.
=) peep my current grow

cootube.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom