Ventilation Question

• Thread starter druc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
druc

druc

Hi everyone and thanks for taking the time to read.

I'm a new grower and have been learning on the go with much enjoyment and personal satisfaction.

My question is should i be leaving my ventilation turned on during sleep hours in a attempt to keep my plants leaves dry from the sweating that happens during the night time specificly during the flower stage? Also on a side note having only 1 grow space will i cause plant stress moving 2 flowing plants in and out to keep to a 12/12 light cycle while the remaining 2 continue to veg.

-3' x 3' Gorilla Tent
-315 Hi-Par CMH
-150mm phresh intake
-150mm phresh exhaust
-seahawk internal fan

G gnome

G gnome

I'm a new grower and have been learning on the go with much enjoyment and personal satisfaction.

My question is should i be leaving my ventilation turned on during sleep hours in a attempt to keep my plants leaves dry from the sweating that happens during the night time specificly during the flower stage? Also on a side note having only 1 grow space will i cause plant stress moving 2 flowing plants in and out to keep to a 12/12 light cycle while the remaining 2 continue to veg.

-3' x 3' Gorilla Tent
-315 Hi-Par CMH
-150mm phresh intake
-150mm phresh exhaust
-seahawk internal fan

Ideally u wud have ur fan hooked up to a thermostat/humidistat

scott.0691

scott.0691

-3' x 3' Gorilla Tent
-315 Hi-Par CMH
-150mm phresh intake
-150mm phresh exhaust
-seahawk internal fan

If you haven't switched them over to 12/12 keep them Vegging till the others are ready..also You should keep your ventilation fan and stand alone fans inside the tent on 24/7...I use a 6" ventilation fan exhaust to outside..I keep the bottom screen (opposite side) open for air draw...keeps everything flowing

G gnome

G gnome

If you haven't switched them over to 12/12 keep them Vegging till the others are ready..also You should keep your ventilation fan and stand alone fans inside the tent on 24/7...I use a 6" ventilation fan exhaust to outside..I keep the bottom screen (opposite side) open for air draw...keeps everything flowing

I dont agree w a single thing u sed haha

Whats wrong w him staggering his harvest? What if the ones that r ready to flip now get too big? Why wud he keep his exaust fan running constantly if running if intermittently satisfies his thermostat and humidistat? All that is is a waste of electricity.

scott.0691

scott.0691

Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion...what works for some might not work for others...I have done it this way and it works very well...I have a 250w HPS setup...so my monthly cost is only $32...I also live in North Carolina where the heat and humidity are a daily challenge...thus the stand alone (clip-type) fans and exhaust runs 24/7 getting fresh air drawn into the tent..keeping my temp and humidity within range..So I encourage you in the future..ask questions before sentencing my post to a death sentence...

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

@druc
:cool: It has always been helpful for me, to follow your Temp RH gauge a lil relative humidity gauge is worth having one in your Tent and out as well, There is also some outstanding information on Transpiring.
That Leaves do a lot of the transpiring, but it also happens from the soil to the Stomata on the underside of the leaves. This of course is more important during the flower cycle as the Buds tend to need the breathing room
OK with that said... as long as you are moving the two that are flowering out of the tent into the dark area and the RH and Temp are BALANCED ie equal to the RH and Temp in the tent YOU should be great.

The farm is always a great place to get your Green on.
Positive Vibes
FlyJ:fire:

druc

druc

Hey thanks for all the valuable info everyone. I will defiantly need to get 2 RH meters and collect the data from the 2 areas that I'm using. I live in the sub-tropics where the temp and humidity are relatively constant IMO but will need to confirm with raw data. I will continue to monitor and look for any issues that arise from the sweating of the leaves during the sleep hours and will continue to move my flowering plants in and out until i can afford to set up a dedicated veg and flower room. Thanks Again for all the input!!! Farm ON! DRUC

Top Bottom