Ventilation; supply and exhaust

• Thread starter NEMedGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NEMedGrower

Hi everyone, maybe one or some of my fellow horticulturalist can help me. I've been searching all over with some luck but not exactly the knowledge I'm looking for. I'm finishing up my new indoor garden. The dimensions are 4'x6' with 8' ceiling, I framed out all the walls, insulated the walls and ceiling, installed a Dri-core floor and hung 1/2" plywood on the walls and ceiling. I finished off the walls with a layer of 1/4" insulation board that has a metallic mylar type film on the front and back sides. I'm not overly concerned with temperature as I'm using HLG and Growmau5 LED's. I have a portable AC unit in the room and a fan forced heater to keep the temps in check. I'm not running a sealed room as I'm not using any alternative CO2 sources. I have a 6" ACinfinity T6 fan with a Vivosun carbon filter exhausting the air in the room. The fan comes with a humidity and temperature speed controller. As for my fresh air intake, that is where I could use some assistance.

Here's where you all come in

Intake
:

- I want to filter the air coming in.

- What size air intake should I make?

- Can a filtered air intake be passive? (this would be ideal)

- What size fan would be needed if an active intake is required?

Exhaust:

- Should I allow the fan to be controlled via the included Humidity/Temp controller?

or

- Should I have the exhaust constantly run or run it off a timer on a schedule?

Thanks for all the help, I appreciate and respect it all.
NEMG:smoking:

Top Bottom