Ventilation what should i get?

• Thread starter Irishguy83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Yeah I would have to save for that... i set my t6 to auto mode and what should i have is set as my high is 78 and my low is 68. RH high 65% low 40%..... and it's just running I think perhaps I dont get how to have it set up to the right numbers

No problem, we'll work through it.

First off I keep my probes at the same height as the tops of my plants. That is the air you are really worried about. The closer you get to the top of the tent/light the higher the temps will be; as we know heat rises.

Second, I turned off the alarms, it will drive you bat-shit crazy otherwise. Each alarm has an "off" setting., we can set them later.

Third, I turned off the "low" setting as well. I really don't want the fan to activate if the air is too dry, only when it is too wet. Neither do i want to pull in outside air if my temp is already below recommended/healthy lows. Chances are that the air outside the tent is the same temp or cooler than the air in an enclosed tent.

The limits you have set are good to start with. You will want to research the optimum temp & RH for the type/strain of plant you are growing.

When plants are young you will need a higher RH than when they go into flower. More research.

I am sure there will be other farmers that will give you recommendations and what did or did not work for them.

🍻

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Isnt there other ones that wouldnt run me 200

I am sure there is something out there, this is just the best one i have found so far and the customer support is awesome!
They have updated the unit with new features and software 3 times in the last year and it never cost me a dime.

Hopefully other farmers will add their "toys" to the posting and give you some other options.

I am always looking for "gadgets" to help with keeping an eye on things. If you come across other good options, please let me know so i can get myself educated. 😲

🍻

Last edited:
Irishguy83

Irishguy83

I am sure there is something out there, this is just the best one i have found so far and the customer support is awesome!
They have updated the unit with new features and software 3 times in the last year and it never cost me a dime.

Hopefully other farmers will add their "toys" to the posting and give you so other options.

I am always looking for "gadgets" to help with keeping an eye on things. If you come across other good options, please let me know so i can get myself educated. 😲

🍻
How do I set this fan right buddy?

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
How do I set this fan right buddy?

First off I keep my probes at the same height as the tops of my plants. That is the air you are really worried about. The closer you get to the top of the tent/light the higher the temps will be; as we know heat rises.

Second, I turned off the alarms, it will drive you bat-shit crazy otherwise. Each alarm has an "off" setting., we can set them later.

Third, I turned off the "low" setting as well. I really don't want the fan to activate if the air is too dry, only when it is too wet. Neither do i want to pull in outside air if my temp is already below recommended/healthy lows. Chances are that the air outside the tent is the same temp or cooler than the air in an enclosed tent.

The limits you have set are good to start with. You will want to research the optimum temp & RH for the type/strain of plant you are growing.

When plants are young you will need a higher RH than when they go into flower. More research.

I am sure there will be other farmers that will give you recommendations and what did or did not work for them.

🍻

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

🍻
How do I turn off the lows and alarms?

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
How do I turn off the lows and alarms?

Using the leftmost button(three lines) press repeatedly until it says "alarm setting" in the top left corner. Each further press will cycle through all of the settings. At each alarm use the up/down arrow key to scroll to the "off" setting.

Almost forgot... after you set your limits; use the key with 3 lines to cycle through the menu until you see "Auto" in the top left corner. A that point your limits will be in effect.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Using the leftmost button(three lines) press repeatedly until it says "alarm setting" in the top left corner. Each further press will cycle through all of the settings. At each alarm use the up/down arrow key to scroll to the "off" setting.

Almost forgot... after you set your limits; use the key with 3 lines to cycle through the menu until you see "Auto" in the top left corner. A that point your limits will be in effect.
Ok so I have it in auto mode showing and I have my high temp at 78f and my RH @ 65% alarms off it's up on stage 8 right now

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Ok so I have it in auto mode showing and I have my high temp at 78f and my RH @ 65% alarms off it's up on stage 8 right now

It should slow/quiet down as it draws the hot humid air out of the tent. When both are below your set high limits, the fan will shut down. Like i said before, I control my 2x4 with a T4 so your T6 should suck the full volume of that tent in a couple of seconds. So as long as the air temp of the surrounding room is also below your cut-off, power consumption should be low.

🍻

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

It should slow/quiet down as it draws the hot humid air out of the tent. When both are below your set high limits, the fan will shut down. Like i said before, I control my 2x4 with a T4 so your T6 should suck the full volume of that tent in a couple of seconds. So as long as the air temp of the surrounding room is also below your cut-off, power consumption should be low.

🍻
Surrounding air is at 75 or 76

Latest posts

Top Bottom