Venus Flytraps/Predatory Plants for Companion Plants?

• Thread starter Miked1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Miked1988

Miked1988

anyone ever use a Venus flytrap or any Predator plants for a companion plant as a preventative for fungas gnats other insects etc? Seems like regardless what I do either It’s overwater, under water or normal water I always seem to catch a couple of those little fuckers.. so I’m trying to take as many precautions as I can before flowering.. im using spinosod, green cleaner and neem meal so far In veg and as of right now it seems like I’m in the clear BUT as soon as winter comes and it gets colder I’m sure I’ll find some more.. Any suggestions?

dire wolf

dire wolf

anyone ever use a Venus flytrap or any Predator plants for a companion plant as a preventative for fungas gnats other insects etc? Seems like regardless what I do either It’s overwater, under water or normal water I always seem to catch a couple of those little fuckers.. so I’m trying to take as many precautions as I can before flowering.. im using spinosod, green cleaner and neem meal so far In veg and as of right now it seems like I’m in the clear BUT as soon as winter comes and it gets colder I’m sure I’ll find some more.. Any suggestions?
Sticky traps , put a tiny night activated light near the plant base , when it's lights out the little lens will turn on , place sticky paper traps next to the light ....
The gnats etc will dive bomb into the light and stick , you'll kill 50 a night
Works like a charm for me
Kill hundreds some days , after a few days population is knocked out , many times never to return ....

Miked1988

Miked1988

Sticky traps , put a tiny night activated light near the plant base , when it's lights out the little lens will turn on , place sticky paper traps next to the light ....
The gnats etc will dive bomb into the light and stick , you'll kill 50 a night
Works like a charm for me
Kill hundreds some days , after a few days population is knocked out , many times never to return ....
Thanks for the reply bro! Any suggestions on the lights to use? I take it it’ll have to be a light that’s pretty small so it doesn’t interrupt the darkness cycle correct?

Snaggleroots

Snaggleroots

I've tried fly traps with cannabis but they require a lack of food to be carnivores. Anytime they had the right conditions the cannabis would suffer. Most of the ones I'm familiar with are in bog like conditions. In veg in separate pots itd kinda all work ok though. I have put tree frogs inside with amazing success, mushroom runs too(the best), cheers

Miked1988

Miked1988

I've tried fly traps with cannabis but they require a lack of food to be carnivores. Anytime they had the right conditions the cannabis would suffer. Most of the ones I'm familiar with are in bog like conditions. In veg in separate pots itd kinda all work ok though. I have put tree frogs inside with amazing success, mushroom runs too(the best), cheers
Thanks for the reply bro! When you mention mushroom runs do you mean doing mushrooms next to the plants? I’m kinda a newbie when it comes to mushrooms I just know the basics lol

Snaggleroots

Snaggleroots

Thanks for the reply bro! When you mention mushroom runs do you mean doing mushrooms next to the plants? I’m kinda a newbie when it comes to mushrooms I just know the basics lol
Mush runs, mostly done in separate areas. I've ran them is the same pots and some do way better together then others.
Panaeolus cinctulus is a great same pot companion(pun intended), cubes are good outside, but inside the more flushes the more your mush substrate will leach off into your cannabis medium, then the cannabis will move in and out of an acceptable gradient.
I'm looking at several Gymnopilus sp. and Psilocybe cyans/allenii in a remedial scenario. (The best mush companions aren't active ones, unfortunately) Cheers and good luck :)

Top Bottom