Vermont Is Legal As Of July 1st To Grow Your Own

• Thread starter Mr.jiujitsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

gotta celebrate it..
:-) did you by chance go to the Heady event ?? I was going to go but wife doesnt smoke,so could not justify the 100 bucks it would have cost to get in.. and i know I would have spent more once inside.. lol

Madbud

Madbud

Don’t expect anything soon other than your two mature plants. Massachusetts referendum clearly stated recreational sales would begin on Jan 1, 2018 and if no retail licenses were issued then the medical dispensaries would be allowed to sell to the public. A secret legislative vote changed the date to July 1, 2018. To date only one provisional license has been issued to a single medical dispensary, Cultivate Holdings, that currently produces the weakest shwag in the state (15% thc) and still no sales! Just more and more bureaucracy. Where the hell are the NORML lawyers?!

DGP

DGP

In Oregon most cannabis growers were better off before it was legal. The state totally F'd it up and got dollar signs in their eyes. They oversold licenses and now we have big problems with the market crashing and last year 1 million pounds were produced for a 300,000 lb market. This October the estimates are for 3 million pounds produced for that same 300,000 lb market. The price crashed and most product went to the black market and was shipped to illegal states. The only ones winning are the dispensaries who are buying up weed at 100-300 bucks per pound and for the most part selling it for the same market rate as before legalization. So, the dispensaries are ripping the growers off as well as the consumers. The small grower who sells no product and grows for him or herself is alright because they don't have to worry about jail time but other than that things are worse and totally F'd here. The system doesn't even require testing for mold or mildew and doesn't test for a wide number of contaminants either so again the consumer loses.

Then the Federal Attorney General Sessions comes up with the great idea of funneling money to local cops to bust more grows that are over their plant limit or selling to the black and gray markets. We get F'd coming and going and the government spends more of our tax dollars F'ing over people that are just trying to make a living. Folks who live for the most part in places where jobs like Timber and conventional farming are gone or are going away soon. Then they also set the limits on product a person or medical grower can hold so low all it takes is one good harvest and your illegal. Can't have more than 50 seeds? what about people who make a living as a breeder? 50 seeds that's barely enough to do a proper pheno hunt!

The people making the laws are some of the most cannabis ignorant dooshbags on the planet.

I wish your state all the best but government usually does the same thing whenever it gets involved: greed and dysfunction are usually the hallmarks.

Dee

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

In Oregon most cannabis growers were better off before it was legal. The state totally F'd it up and got dollar signs in their eyes. They oversold licenses and now we have big problems with the market crashing and last year 1 million pounds were produced for a 300,000 lb market. This October the estimates are for 3 million pounds produced for that same 300,000 lb market. The price crashed and most product went to the black market and was shipped to illegal states. The only ones winning are the dispensaries who are buying up weed at 100-300 bucks per pound and for the most part selling it for the same market rate as before legalization. So, the dispensaries are ripping the growers off as well as the consumers. The small grower who sells no product and grows for him or herself is alright because they don't have to worry about jail time but other than that things are worse and totally F'd here. The system doesn't even require testing for mold or mildew and doesn't test for a wide number of contaminants either so again the consumer loses.

Then the Federal Attorney General Sessions comes up with the great idea of funneling money to local cops to bust more grows that are over their plant limit or selling to the black and gray markets. We get F'd coming and going and the government spends more of our tax dollars F'ing over people that are just trying to make a living. Folks who live for the most part in places where jobs like Timber and conventional farming are gone or are going away soon. Then they also set the limits on product a person or medical grower can hold so low all it takes is one good harvest and your illegal. Can't have more than 50 seeds? what about people who make a living as a breeder? 50 seeds that's barely enough to do a proper pheno hunt!

The people making the laws are some of the most cannabis ignorant dooshbags on the planet.

I wish your state all the best but government usually does the same thing whenever it gets involved: greed and dysfunction are usually the hallmarks.

Dee

They are still figuring everything out. For now you can have 1oz on you. 2 mature and 4 non mature plants. I don’t understand the possession limits, they stipulate what you can have on possession but that seems to relate to traveling- it seems like you can have whatever at home but can’t leave with more than an oz. no sales, but I believe gifting is legal. Same for plants- nothing on seeds as far as I know- open exchange but with such plant limitations it makes breeding tough. Basically you can have it and use it, and grow your own within those limits. It’s really kind of true to Vermont- grow your own mentality. I am happy it’s legal and I can grow my own- have to see what the future brings

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I hate to say it but I’m glad corporate growers are getting screwed. We don’t need more big business in our lives. If it was small mom and pop growers in farmers markets that would be one thing but to go large scale and profit hand over fist is beyond maddening to someone like myself who the plants owes nothing to. I don’t mind folks profiting off it or products related to it but I hate seeing rich fat cats getting even richer on something they actively prevented from becoming legal. Ok end rant.

DGP

DGP

I hate to say it but I’m glad corporate growers are getting screwed. We don’t need more big business in our lives. If it was small mom and pop growers in farmers markets that would be one thing but to go large scale and profit hand over fist is beyond maddening to someone like myself who the plants owes nothing to. I don’t mind folks profiting off it or products related to it but I hate seeing rich fat cats getting even richer on something they actively prevented from becoming legal. Ok end rant.

In Oregon it isn't just the big money getting screwed but especially the small medical grower growing fro 1-4 card holders. They made it so expensive for the permits and tracking software and labels that the little guy got really screwed. Also, some mid sized growers who put their life savings into it got run out of business. The few that weathered the storm were some of the wealthy folks who could wait it out. The state said at fist "No outside money", just licensees inside the state could apply. Then after the Oregon residents pony'd up their money they changed that rule and guess what.... screwed again. The deal is the law says the authorities can do "rule-making" which is unconstitutional because "rule-makers" aren't legislators. Its a big mess. Just scolding people for having money or resources isn't the answer either.

Canada is going the other way so that to be a commercial grower there you have to build a full on facility for say 3-7 million dollars then apply for a license and several inspections and then hope you get the green light. The little or mid size farmer there has zero chance. However, in the case of Canada at least their market is less likely to be oversupplied and crash.

Also, in Oregon the small home grower isn't immune to the state bullshit, as their rule-making constantly f's with the fees, the plant counts etc. Add to that if the state decides to inspect your mid size commercial grow they come in with full combat regalia, M-16's and helmets and scare off all your employees. I have seen good trimmers and gardeners leave a facility because of the intimidation factor. And by the way I am a small medical grower supplying Vets that have PTSD and other medical conditions and medical patients here are complaining they can't find growers willing to work with them.

So, it isn't all unicorns, glitter and rainbows once legalization comes.

Dee

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh no apologies needed. I get it. I’m on your side. You’ve been screwed by big biz as well and that’s not fair. I take no offense at anything you said and appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We can all learn from you and others just like you. Kudos.

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

Don’t expect anything soon other than your two mature plants. Massachusetts referendum clearly stated recreational sales would begin on Jan 1, 2018 and if no retail licenses were issued then the medical dispensaries would be allowed to sell to the public. A secret legislative vote changed the date to July 1, 2018. To date only one provisional license has been issued to a single medical dispensary, Cultivate Holdings, that currently produces the weakest shwag in the state (15% thc) and still no sales! Just more and more bureaucracy. Where the hell are the NORML lawyers?!
Yes i was actually Planning a trip down to Mass(Was born there) when the sales started ,so have been watching closely whats going on down there...the Ole CCC just been sleeping for half a year .. July 1st came and the alram clock went off they hit snooze and rolled over.. there is one License for REC sale(cultivate)if my research is correct ,not event the same company they gave one to Grow(rec) Sira.. WTF is that??? lol and then they gotta get some Agreement from the Community.. LOL talk about building walls and they(CCC) meet in 2 days the 12th lets see if they've done any homework or figured out more stall tactics..

G

Gorilla Mike

Anyone else celebrating Vermont’s legalization?!?!
If I was a grower living in Vermont or any other state planning to go legal I’d be cringing, not celebrating. Legalization in most states and up here in Canada is still “prohibition” cause the law is waiting to nail anyone who doesn’t toe the line. I saw a documentary on Colorado a while ago that was shot as soon as that state had legalized and as far as I know it had the smoothest transition and everyone seemed happy. Things may have changed since for the worst but when it first went legal, the growers were happy, dispensaries were happy and of course the government was happy. Everywhere else, legalization has become a nightmare of convoluted laws and up here in Canada the Prime Minister (who was recently charged with sexual assault!) wants to up jail time for anyone caught selling or growing commercially without all the proper licenses, from 10 to 15 years automatic hard time! Bizarre because Canada has always turned blind eye to illegal large growers and is after other hard drug producers who crank out Meth by the ton—Meth is a big seller up here. The one great thing about Vermont is that if you’re an “outsider” Vermont will pay you $10,000 to move there and get a job. Hobby growers have never had to really worry cause as long as they kept their grow a secret, nobody would bother them and lots of hobby growers don’t even care about that anymore and brag about their little grows to anyone who’s friendly. But what about a friendly cop? People who brag to an undercover cop deserve to get caught.

So if you’re a hobby grower and love to ski Vermont may be just the place for you if you want to move there. Up here in Canada, BC has always been famous for letting big underground growers be because its always been good for their economy. When I set up in BC to grow in the mountains without a license I’ve always kept my operation a secret and never have had any trouble. Everyone in my operation including me shares in all the work and shares equally in all the profits. This is why we’ve never had to hire hand-trimmers. A dishonest hand-trimmer who’ll rat you out to the Feds to make an extra buck has always been the fastest way to end up in jail! So we’ve got auto-trimming machines now and before that we trimmed all our Buds ourselves to keep everything we do secret. Come harvest time, we just sell in bulk to our trusted connections. We’re trusted because we never use chemicals or pesticides, grow all-organic the best Bud around for a fair price. Our auto-trimming machines have helped us do just that. At first they really hurt us cause all the expensive machines we bought slowed us down with all the cleaning and maintenance their blades needed. Then we found a TTT auto-trimmer that didn’t use blades and never needed maintenance and never broke down. Come harvest time now, and we have several year-round, trimming never slows us down and our TTT’s cost a fraction together (we got 5) compared to what one of those expensive trimmers with blades cost. If you wanna grow big, without government interference, find a nice wilderness valley in BC to settle down in. You can start small and get big real fast, cause all the dispensaries in Vancouver have always been hungry for good weed whether it was legally produced or not!

Madbud

Madbud

Yes i was actually Planning a trip down to Mass(Was born there) when the sales started ,so have been watching closely whats going on down there...the Ole CCC just been sleeping for half a year .. July 1st came and the alram clock went off they hit snooze and rolled over.. there is one License for REC sale(cultivate)if my research is correct ,not event the same company they gave one to Grow(rec) Sira.. WTF is that??? lol and then they gotta get some Agreement from the Community.. LOL talk about building walls and they(CCC) meet in 2 days the 12th lets see if they've done any homework or figured out more stall tactics..
If it was the public sector the board would be fired for incompetence. Missed the due date and then missed their self-appointed due date. Requiring everybody to reapply, including the only two testing labs in the state. Questions the due diligence when medical dispensaries were approved. Government “of the people” at its worst.

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

More Delays in Mass(BOTCHING IT) . Well after the mass CCC meeting they basicly did nothing,from what i can tell.. one part i forgot about the Dispensaries need to have all product "LAB"tested .. so now the CCC has to give a lab or labs Licenses ..another meeting in 2 weeks .. LMAO so my guess is sometime in 2019 there might be weed for sale ... If i Lived there,and Voted for this.. I'd Be seriously Pissed ..

Top Bottom