Vertical Bare Bulbs: Conversion from hood or purchase new parts?

• Thread starter bloads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

Going to change room with my 600w & 1000w bulbs from their current horizontal-hood style setup to a barebones vertical setup. Would I be ok to just dismantle the hoods and use their socket for my setup, or would it be recommended to purchase a new style of socket, one more balanced for vertical hanging? I lack basic lighting wiring knowledge :anim_09:, but I'm a fast learner and good instruction followe.

G

greytooth

If you haven't already done anything with them, I'd suggest keeping the hoods as is, in case you need them in the future.

You should be able to find some very inexpensive mogul sockets online made for your bulbs and ballasts. Or you could probably wire up a socket from parts from Home Depot or Lowes.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My Lowe's didn't have appropriate electric hardware to wire up my own sockets. I bought the sockets, but ended up needing them for the vertizontal parabolics, they pop in and out very easily. $15 apiece.

hiboy

hiboy

Good question. I was doing some searching at the hydro online stores and couldnt find any kits or nada. I figured i would have to go to the local electrical stores and purchase individual pieces, probably use S.O. cord 12/3 to hook em up to mogul base sockets. Maybe a safety wire or cord to help support them.
hiboy

Latest posts

Top Bottom