Very 1st grow…Learning as we go… (Caffeine Clone & Northern Lights #10) (Spider Farmer 2x2)

• Thread starter 310grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
310grow

310grow

Nicely done bro. I don't like the trellis nets for the same reason. But they are helpful and all those green wires in the way are a pain in the ass too. I also chose not to use the trellis on this grow and I'm dealing with green wires everywhere now. Everything looks really great man, you hit the defoil hard. I like to leave a little more fan leaves to suck up all that light. I just thin the middle out and prune the branches that don't reach at least 2/3 of the way up. You'll have some dank ass weed here soon.
Thanks bro. I really appreciate your vote of confidence. Wow… you have alot of nice pics and some extremely nice looking buds you’ve grown. Well done man!

Yea as a first timer I’ve def had second thoughts about the heavy defoil and also doing at 2 weeks in to flower. I did read a lot about that part of the process but it was more after we did it. The plants didn’t really stress at all but I still had concerns. Hopefully they be fine. NL seems more robust of a plant than the caffeine tree. They both have some slight yellowing on the very ends/tips of the leaves. I used org nutes in dry form as soil topper but only twice in veg (14 days between) and once in flower so far. Ima try to be more careful from here on out. Hope the results from these are nice. I came here looking for info on our caffeine clone and found a really cool bunch of grow bro’s!! 😎

AyyItsTreeDog

AyyItsTreeDog

Had to let the seedling catch up to clone so they’d flower together. Took awhile but seems ok now. View attachment 1343365
First time grower aswell. Im super impressed that the seedling was able to catch up to that clone! I am actually in about the same exact situation but i have 4 plants in a 4x4.

1 clone that is absolutely massive, i didnt know how to slow it down and i probably topped it way too much. I have two seeds in about the same stage ( one stretched more than the other) and another still i nthe seedling phase because it took an extra week to germinate.

I would love if you or anyone has any tips on how to tame this beast before it doubles its size in flower. I am afraid at worst it wont fit in the tent and at best will just have bleached buds and and taking up too much light from the other plants.

Will most likely make a new thread, but thought these looked good and wondered how the hell you did it.

310grow

310grow

Looking nice how long from sprouted seed not clone to this point?
Thanks! Seeds were from Homegrown Cannabis Co. and delivered 12/7 and sprouted 1 two days later, so must have been in soil and lights by 12/9/22… makes it just over a hundred days now. 102..🤷.

S

sjs1488

Thanks! Seeds were from Homegrown Cannabis Co. and delivered 12/7 and sprouted 1 two days later, so must have been in soil and lights by 12/9/22… makes it just over a hundred days now. 102..🤷.
Thank you it helps me know about where mine should be when I flip

S

sjs1488

First time grower aswell. Im super impressed that the seedling was able to catch up to that clone! I am actually in about the same exact situation but i have 4 plants in a 4x4.

1 clone that is absolutely massive, i didnt know how to slow it down and i probably topped it way too much. I have two seeds in about the same stage ( one stretched more than the other) and another still i nthe seedling phase because it took an extra week to germinate.

I would love if you or anyone has any tips on how to tame this beast before it doubles its size in flower. I am afraid at worst it wont fit in the tent and at best will just have bleached buds and and taking up too much light from the other plants.

Will most likely make a new thread, but thought these looked good and wondered how the hell you did it.

View attachment 1345829

View attachment 1345830
What light are you using

310grow

310grow

View attachment 1345829

View attachment 1345830
My guess is that it was probably dumb luck on how it worked because I realized my 1st of many mistakes early on. I prob sprouted NL when Caffeine clone was already 6-8 weeks 🤦🏻. I was only hoping to keep caffeine in veg but didnt even know if it’d work. 🤷🏽 I wasn’t really afraid until after I did my experimenting but the plants really did well and it gave me some extra confidence I prob didn’t need when defoliating the leaves. Did it a few times and it was major each time with the last being another “is what is” situation 🤦🏻🤷🏽😂. I also topped both but NL way too early imo.. maybe 4th node….

Caffeine was way bigger so I started gently bending the tallest stems. Seemed pretty easy so I tried the trellis but it messed up my by hand watering process (weight/feel/look/time) so I used the green wire tie-down method (seen in pics). I just made some 90 degree stems by bending and tying the stems down to holes I made in the side of the fabric 3 gal pots and the plant has been ok since. Again it’s my 1st time but these particular plants seem pretty resilient. Once NL got really close in size, it also needed 2 wire tie-downs to open her up slightly. I’ve liked what I’ve read here and there about airflow and light exposure so I keep that in mind, research a bit online, and follow my gut instincts. I’m still not confident at all that they’ll turn out good or that they’ll even make it harvest for that matter...🤣!

AyyItsTreeDog

AyyItsTreeDog

What light are you using
Sorry for the late response.

I have 1 mars hydro TS 3000(450w LED)

I also have a little 100w light i tor for free from a friend that wasnt using it anymore. Decided in putting the youngest plant(blueberry) under that light ihrside of the tent and covered up as kuch light as to not let any leak towards and into the main/flower tent.

Actually going to flip it to flower tmw i think, seems like the only thing i can do is try some lst to bring them down a few inches, but it already takes up over 1/4 of my 4x4 tent so it would only take up more space. At this point, i just want it to stop vegging if its gonna keep getting taller, seems i may just have to deal with some bleaching this time around.

Good first lesson to time out my plants correctly tho. Not that i wanted to do this. ( had 2 clones originally but killed one on the first transplant) lmao

Probably should mention that the 3 seeda i planted were stunted due to my water source coming from a softener. now i am doing 2/5s softener water from tap, and the 3/5s RO water with EC coming out to .25. Plus my flora flex nutrients and then watering in coco coir.

AyyItsTreeDog

AyyItsTreeDog

My guess is that it was probably dumb luck on how it worked because I realized my 1st of many mistakes early on. I prob sprouted NL when Caffeine clone was already 6-8 weeks 🤦🏻. I was only hoping to keep caffeine in veg but didnt even know if it’d work. 🤷🏽 I wasn’t really afraid until after I did my experimenting but the plants really did well and it gave me some extra confidence I prob didn’t need when defoliating the leaves. Did it a few times and it was major each time with the last being another “is what is” situation 🤦🏻🤷🏽😂. I also topped both but NL way too early imo.. maybe 4th node….

Caffeine was way bigger so I started gently bending the tallest stems. Seemed pretty easy so I tried the trellis but it messed up my by hand watering process (weight/feel/look/time) so I used the green wire tie-down method (seen in pics). I just made some 90 degree stems by bending and tying the stems down to holes I made in the side of the fabric 3 gal pots and the plant has been ok since. Again it’s my 1st time but these particular plants seem pretty resilient. Once NL got really close in size, it also needed 2 wire tie-downs to open her up slightly. I’ve liked what I’ve read here and there about airflow and light exposure so I keep that in mind, research a bit online, and follow my gut instincts. I’m still not confident at all that they’ll turn out good or that they’ll even make it harvest for that matter...🤣!
I wonder if all that defoliating allowed the seedlings to catch up? I barely defoliated, just cutting off lower growth that i wont be needing aswell as a little defoliating for leaves that are (seemingly) completely useless.

Now that i think of it, it was probably all the topping i did that made it want to stretch so much

310grow

310grow

Day 30 flower. A bit concerned with the slight yellowing of the new sugar leaves and fan leaf tips.
F685E2F9 1D97 4A57 B17E 62EFE8347793
845EA541 D0C7 433F BBC0 66711B94257F
BA759BE5 9028 486F A425 4DB02BD131C3

Latest posts

Top Bottom