Very Slight Leaf Tip Burn

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Umm, actually I'd rather get you started ... Let's hear what your thoughts are on bloom boosters. I am using Zen Product's Candy Man right now on my current grow. I bought a quart to give it a try ...
I should have known to keep my mouth shut lol... so that products looks decent I like what's in it... but that's not the issue.

More often than not ppl add bloom boosters not understanding the implications on their nutrient ratios. So you see all sorts of lockout and uptake issues. Can't count how many times I see ppl using multiples of these just destroying the nutrient ratios.

Cannabis really doesn't need a large change to the nutrient ratios. And yes while sugars carbs and especially sulfur have an impact on terps etc. They are kinda like vitamins in a sense they only really help if you don't already have edequate levels. This is again a case of more is better mentality in the cannabis Industry and nute companies doing everything they can to make another buck.

Yes potassium demands are higher but that doesn't mean more is better. Used properly they can help. The unfortunate part is they are not often used in a manner that provides the minimal benefits gained. And while they can make small improvements they often cause more harm than create a benefit.

Now in the past many of the so called miricle bloom boosters were loaded with PGRs and those can make a large impact.

Scar818

Scar818

Thanks for the great advice, encouragement, and kind compliments! So it seems my gut lead me to the right place!

Today is the first day of week 7 and I did cut back on most everything on the last feeding today, although I did give the small dose of fishbone meal for a boost in P for the last two weeks. I will start next watering with a Tbsp of molasses per gallon of water next time they need water and carry that through the end unless you think that is too much? Had planned on cutting off all nutes after this last feeding to finish out.

Here is a current photo showing all 4 plants. As far as I can tell they are all slightly different phenos.View attachment 1150963
I would recommend to use just clean ph’d water on your last 2 or at least your last water.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I should have known to keep my mouth shut lol... so that products looks decent I like what's in it... but that's not the issue.

More often than not ppl add bloom boosters not understanding the implications on their nutrient ratios. So you see all sorts of lockout and uptake issues. Can't count how many times I see ppl using multiples of these just destroying the nutrient ratios.

Cannabis really doesn't need a large change to the nutrient ratios. And yes while sugars carbs and especially sulfur have an impact on terps etc. They are kinda like vitamins in a sense they only really help if you don't already have edequate levels. This is again a case of more is better mentality in the cannabis Industry and nute companies doing everything they can to make another buck.

Yes potassium demands are higher but that doesn't mean more is better. Used properly they can help. The unfortunate part is they are not often used in a manner that provides the minimal benefits gained. And while they can make small improvements they often cause more harm than create a benefit.

Now in the past many of the so called miricle bloom boosters were loaded with PGRs and those can make a large impact.
I don't want to de-rail this thread. I agree with what you said. I don't keep an endless supply of different products around. I use a 2 part salts based nutrient (Fox Farm Cultivation Nation veg and flower). I keep a bottle of cal-mag, and I have a bottle of Bush Doctor's "Sledge Hammer" on hand but haven't had to use it in a while. I decided to try "Candy Man" to see if it makes a difference in essential oil production. 3 GDP and 2 Caramello have been getting regular feedings since early flower.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I don't want to de-rail this thread. I agree with what you said. I don't keep an endless supply of different products around. I use a 2 part salts based nutrient (Fox Farm Cultivation Nation veg and flower). I keep a bottle of cal-mag, and I have a bottle of Bush Doctor's "Sledge Hammer" on hand but haven't had to use it in a while. I decided to try "Candy Man" to see if it makes a difference in essential oil production. 3 GDP and 2 Caramello have been getting regular feedings since early flower.
So my advice is keep a transition ratio if adding bloom boosters because most base nutes will already adjust the Pk for flower then if you add more you risk pushing your ratios to far out of line. This is where is see the most common mistakes made with these products. The base nutes are changed to provide higher PK ratios then ppl add more PK boost and it starts to get ugly

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

So my advice is keep a transition ratio if adding bloom boosters because most base nutes will already adjust the Pk for flower then if you add more you risk pushing your ratios to far out of line. This is where is see the most common mistakes made with these products. The base nutes are changed to provide higher PK ratios then ppl add more PK boost and it starts to get ugly
Too much "P" and you have plant burn issues.

Candy Man is 0-0-4, so it boosts K slightly when the plant needs that extra K the most. Also after the stretch, less cal-mag would be needed and that helps with K absorption.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

This is great advice. I know I carefully considered adding the fishbone meal and mainly did so because of the feeding schedule recommended by Roots Organics, which included a P booster formula for the last week of feeding. I don't have that product, but I did have the fishbone meal that I believe will do the same thing.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Too much "P" and you have plant burn issues.

Candy Man is 0-0-4, so it boosts K slightly when the plant needs that extra K the most. Also after the stretch, less cal-mag would be needed and that helps with K absorption.
Plant absorbs P through veg and stretch after that imo not needed and to late to fix a deficiency. K yes... like I say that product looks pretty good.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Me to so what? As long as you dont fry the plant or cause lockout all it means is it's not 100% perfect.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I did not mean to be brusk i am sorry, the only leaf i save and cure is leaf with trichome witch i cure and make butter, fan leaves are garbage but by slightly burning the upper tips i know my pant is at max uptake even to back off a bit, im not talking about torching a plant just the tips, the leaf is useless and this tells u that u must cut back on bloom nutes slightly! your plant might not make the cover of High Times but do you really care? You saw a potential problem and solved it, good job case closed.

Top Bottom