Very Slight Leaf Tip Burn

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Greetings to the Farm-

I am currently in day 2 of week 5 of flower, growing in soil and feeding with Roots Organics Terp Tea nutrients. I have been feeding approximately once a week depending on where that falls in the watering schedule per Roots Organics instructions, mixing the dry nutrients in with distilled water and cal/mag and watering in. The plants have gotten much thirstier in the past week and a half, going from a watering ever 4 days, to 3, and now every other day.

I last fed on July 9 and am due to feed next time I water, which might be tonight. The pots are getting light but not quite ready so it may be first thing in the morning. The question I have is I am due to feed, but I have a slight bit of what looks like nute burn on quite a few leaves. It's very small still but does concern me. It appears to me that when I fed on the 9th, I got real close and perhaps a bit over what they need/want. I plan to scale it back a bit this time, but my question is, should I go ahead and feed as scheduled or wait one more watering to feed? They have currently received two waterings after the 9th, on the 12th and 14th.

Other than these tips, the plants are doing well and I hope to keep it that way as we go down the home stretch! Thanks for any advice!

Very slight leaf tip burn

BoostNBuds

BoostNBuds

Well that's a good looking sick plant lol.
Leaf tip burns are common. Low humidity, higher temps and nitrogen burn etc. I'm not a soil guy, but when this happens in coco, its typically built up salts. I would run clean water through the medium until ppm in the runoff gets down to tap lvls (thorough flush). Then I'd mix my nutes as normal and water it until the nute solution runs out of the bottom. A 10-20% runoff on every watering for coco is required to prevent the build up.
Again that's what I would do with coco anyway. Im not a soil expert, but hopefully there are some parallels you find useful.
Your stressing way to hard about what I can see in the pic. Chilllllllll homie.
-Ben

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah getting a touch shiney and dark. Not bad by any means but I would cut back by about 1/4 to 1/3 on the nutrients.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Yeah getting a touch shiney and dark. Not bad by any means but I would cut back by about 1/4 to 1/3 on the nutrients.
Thanks @Aqua Man, do you think I should keep the feeding schedule, which would be to feed this watering (today) or just give water one more time? Thanks Bro!

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Greetings Cultivators-

Today marks day 1 of week 7 flower and I woke up this morning to a bit more leaf tip burn, this time on a lot of the sugar leaves too along with some clawing. I also have been seeing a lot of purple in the leaf stems and some purple streaks in some of the main stalks of two plants.

IMG 0584
IMG 0585

I am getting so close to harvest I don't want to mess it up now! So maybe I am being paranoid and if so I'm cool with that. Just wanted to hear from others if I need to be concerned about this? The plants will probably be due for watering today, which is also the day for the last feeding before the last two weeks with water only. I am wondering if this is a nutrient excess and whether or not I should cancel the last feeding? I'd hate to deprive them of what they need to finish filling out the flowers, but I also don't want to mess things up with overfeeding going down the home stretch.

One more thing of interest to me. One plant has started to yellowing of the lower fan leaves. Not only are they yellowing but are very droopy. I expect this is normal, but none of the other plants are doing this so just wondering if this is something I need to be concerned with on this plant only.

IMG 0586

It's a bit hard to see from that photo but the lower leaves are yellowing with darker green veins, and the rest of the fan leaves up higher are starting to get a bit pale.

Final question is, do ya'all think these flowers will fill out more given that I can finish out the grow without any major problems? I have approximately 2 - 3 weeks left as the GG#4 is said to be mature in 8-9 weeks.

Ok, thanks for any input or advice you can give!

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Thanks AquaMan, did you have any comment on my other concerns Bro?

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

So I needed to water so I went with my gut here.

Previous replies have, probably, rightly said I am being paranoid about the leaf tip burn and clawing. So I went with the last feeding on two of the four plants in my garden. This is the first time I have had to water them independently but the two short plants are just not ready by the lifting method. The back, taller plants were definitely light and getting more droopy than I wanted so I went with it.

I have been doing a bit of study on the fishbone meal and the current line up of Terp Tea formulas by Roots Organics. By most of what I could tell, this combination is light on Phosphorous. The combination of P and K in what I have been feeding during bloom is 14 and 24 respectively. The fishbone meal is 16 and 0 respectively. It is also a fairly course mill but with large and small particles, which to me says it will degrade at a more gradual rate as an organic fertilizer, smaller particles first, larger ones will take longer. I might be wrong but I'm taking a chance and testing my new knowledge. That is how I'm going to learn some of these lessons, even if they are hard ones.

So my idea is to boost the P in this last feeding that will likely start to be available to the plants in at least a few days, while the Roots Organics nutes provide the immediate needs of the plants of these important flowering necessities. I gave them each about 1/4 cup of fishbone meal scratched into the soil, and then a light dose, 2 tsp of the Terp Tea Bloom, 1 tsp of Terp Tea Bloom Booster, and a Tbsp of Terp Tea Microbe Charge, mixed with water and cal/mag and watered in til slight runoff. Interestingly, this is the first time I have watered where both of these plants took 2 solo cups over and above the one gallon of water. It seems they are extra thirsty here at the beginning of week 7.

We'll see what happens in the next week or so! 🙏🙏🙏

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

They look pretty good man. I don't really see issues. Imo it's normal to see this. If using cal mag you can cut it in half atleast. They don't need near as much now. That can help with K uptake. At 2 weeks left lower your temps. Have some work here but I'll finish in a bit.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
You’re doing great man your riding the edge and pushing them you will be alright just cut back slightly. Excited to see the end result you’re basically on auto pilot now you got this!!

Scar818

Scar818

Hey. I also have a GG strain and even on every plant you will see leaf symptoms a lot in the last 2 weeks. As long its its bot major u are fine. I flower my GG for 8 weeks and your trees look great. You should cut back on most nutes starting week 7 and give them sugars. Starting week 8 i dont even give bloom a and b. Just stuff like molasses, bud candy or sugar rush, carboload

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey. I also have a GG strain and even on every plant you will see leaf symptoms a lot in the last 2 weeks. As long its its bot major u are fine. I flower my GG for 8 weeks and your trees look great. You should cut back on most nutes starting week 7 and give them sugars. Starting week 8 i dont even give bloom a and b. Just stuff like molasses, bud candy or sugar rush, carboload
Yeah bloom nutes... lol don't get me started. How many unicorns can you fit in a bottle of bloom booster.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yeah bloom nutes... lol don't get me started. How many unicorns can you fit in a bottle of bloom booster.
Umm, actually I'd rather get you started ... Let's hear what your thoughts are on bloom boosters. I am using Zen Product's Candy Man right now on my current grow. I bought a quart to give it a try ...

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Thanks for the great advice, encouragement, and kind compliments! So it seems my gut lead me to the right place!

Today is the first day of week 7 and I did cut back on most everything on the last feeding today, although I did give the small dose of fishbone meal for a boost in P for the last two weeks. I will start next watering with a Tbsp of molasses per gallon of water next time they need water and carry that through the end unless you think that is too much? Had planned on cutting off all nutes after this last feeding to finish out.

Here is a current photo showing all 4 plants. As far as I can tell they are all slightly different phenos.
IMG 0634

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom