• Tagged users None
J

Jdizzzel

IMG 20171215 192616
this is the white bug
I have tiny white bugs too I got a close up picture

Organikz

Organikz

The worm thing? Hard to tell. If it wriggles in the light it's a fungus gnat baby. If it doesn't it could be mycellium of some sort.

stukonarock

stukonarock

Hi All,
I know this thread is old but ID never was correct. these are definitely not broad mites. They have two lumpy point at their back ends and definitely eat roots. I've also seen them attack root lesion nematodes (probably the worm pictured above) when trapped together in a drop of water. the video is at 1000x magnification and I'd love if someone whos actual an expert could properly ID them. These things have devastated 3 crops in a row in rockwool slabs drain to waste. 1st noticed in runoff water in gutter along with the nematodes. They cause root disease and crop failure, every nutrient deficiency in the book as well as ph problem from the root rot. They have survived being flooded with 1l in 100l 29% h2o2 (which really did a pretty good number on the root lesion nematode. the plants bounced back very nicely after that but these mites (best guess is a prostigmata species) have survived that as well as bug be gone drench, floramite drench, and azamax drench. I'd love to know what will kill them.

Snap 018
Snap 030
Snap 027
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Hi All,
I know this thread is old but ID never was correct. these are definitely not broad mites. They have two lumpy point at their back ends and definitely eat roots. I've also seen them attack root lesion nematodes (probably the worm pictured above) when trapped together in a drop of water. the video is at 1000x magnification and I'd love if someone whos actual an expert could properly ID them. These things have devastated 3 crops in a row in rockwool slabs drain to waste. 1st noticed in runoff water in gutter along with the nematodes. They cause root disease and crop failure, every nutrient deficiency in the book as well as ph problem from the root rot. They have survived being flooded with 1l in 100l 29% h2o2 (which really did a pretty good number on the root lesion nematode. the plants bounced back very nicely after that but these mites (best guess is a prostigmata species) have survived that as well as bug be gone drench, floramite drench, and azamax drench. I'd love to know what will kill them.
Holy fuck that’s insane. That hurts my heart brotha. Three crops, fuck. Wish I could help. Hopefully we get some farmers in here to get you some much needed assistance.
Burnz

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Looks and sounds like root aphids to me. The mealy bug looking residue is a big symptom. Been dealing with them all year. At least you can see them here. Real difficult when hiding in the roots in a nursery pot of peat mix.

stukonarock

stukonarock

Update:
A drench with Success (spinosad) full strength was successful in eliminating the mites. However the root lesion nematodes are damn near impossible to kill. they survived 24 hours in 5% bleach solution, numerous drenches with 10% h2o2, and numerous other chemicals. the only thing that ive found kills them is full strength isopropyl alcohol. at this point i'm going to just cut new material and remove all root systems from the space and clean everything with pure iso. These little bastards can go into hydrostasis and dry up completely and come back to life 4 dayts later when rewet. nightmare!

stukonarock

stukonarock

Looks and sounds like root aphids to me. The mealy bug looking residue is a big symptom. Been dealing with them all year. At least you can see them here. Real difficult when hiding in the roots in a nursery pot of peat mix.
100% not root aphid though the symptom are similar. Been there done with root aphid before. these are invisible to the naked eye. probaby around 50um in length. about 1/100 the size of a root aphid. the "mealy bug residue" you are looking at is root hairs. for scale there is a mite on the brown root tip in the last picture and that is a tiny rootlet! they are may as wide as 2 rockwool fibers!

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

2 say root aphids 9 say miles....HELLO THEY GOT 2 BROWN SPOTS ON THEIR BACK!!!....THEY'RE fuckin bulb mites!! Moving way too slow to be miles'...good luck getting rid of'em...another farmer had these. Haven't seen him simce...hope you got it figured...shit the fuckin bed!!! Oh just so you know. 1l to 100l is only roughly .25% h202....you aint even tickling them at that rate....the other guy used everything....at this rate 3 crops failed. Catch them and see how well alcohol works....BULB MITES WOULDNT LISTEN TO ANYONE ATM BUT ME......IDGAF!! SORRY GUYS THOSE ARE BULB MITES....2 BROWN DOTS ON THERE BACKS...DEAD GIVE AWAY

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

If you pay enough attention you will see miles have a stick to pierce with and suck with...these have a mouth they chew with

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Hi All,
Bulb mites. Dont mean to be a dick either! Good luck!

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Im going to bed.. i feel bug crawling on me...after seeing this fuck! You got it worse guy did....get some everclear liquor or 100% ethanol....spray everything....learn everything you can about them...you will be spraying out your whole area

What part of the house apt is your grow? Is it in a tent? Basement, get it the fuck outta there!!

Point is where ever it is. You need to spray everything...DONT FORGET TO SHUTOFF PILOT LIGHTS ELECTRICITY ANYTHING THAT WILL IGNITE THE ETHANOL....1000% SURE ITS BULB MITES...IF ROBINI BULB MITES....700 EGGS PER FEMALES LIFETIME. Read that link it'll tell ya!!

Fuckin nuttz

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Above poster could be right they could be bulb mites; don't know much about them but heres some info I found, good luck!

stukonarock

stukonarock

Hi guys,
thank for the feedback. I haven't found one since the spinosad drench at full strength, but also identified what I believe to be root lesion nematodes on the roots, these are definitly hard to get rid of. The spinosad soak also took care of a longstanding springtail population that no matter what anyone says about them being good, I dont believe it to to be true. I am glad to be rid of them!
And definitely not H. miles or A. cucumeris as I have introduced both before and H. mile are still around and way larger and 100x as fast as these.
I'm with you on the bulb mite idea but also much more aware now as to the plethora of possibilities as there are 1000's of unidentified mite yet in the world and ive not yet found an exact match.

may be close

great resource for narrowing down what I was dealing with, as is the second link

UBC - Mites And Other Microarthropods

Major Mite Taxa - Lucid Web Player

I will compress and post a video of the nematodes shorthly.

Stuk

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Tyrophagus. I've only seen mites when there was rot for them to eat. Mites and fungus are in symbiosis also

Top Bottom