Very Yellow New Growth in Flower

• Thread starter GreenMtnHigh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GreenMtnHigh

Here’s my Setup: ILGM Zkittlez in 7 gallon air pots, FFOF and FF nutes(never again) with recharge soil conditioner. Two mars hydro TS1000 running at about 80% power in flower cycle.
I had a nutrient lockout of some sort and flushed with Growtek Final Flush 10 days ago. I added a low dose of Fox Farm Buds and blooms at day 7 post flush. Everything was looking good until this morning. Is this just a sign of new growth? All 4 plants are showing symptoms but the two smallest plants are the most obvious. The plants are at 72 hours into flower and have just started to do their flowering “Stretch” so I’m wondering if this is just a sign of fast growth? Thanks in advance!

Very yellow new growth in flower
CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

They look like they are hungry to be honest.

What made you think lock out? There is some clawing, but nothing extreme. I don't see any burnt tips unless you've gone through and cleaned them all out.

The FF nute you used is 2-8-4. I'm new to growing, but if that's all you've been giving them since you started flower I'm going to guess that's why they're yellow. They're in flower, but it's super early and they're transitioning. You just finished a 10 day flush so there is probably nothing in the soil left to feed them. They're going to need some more N till mid flower IMO.

Anthem

Anthem

What made you think lock out? There is some clawing, but nothing extreme. I don't see any burnt tips unless you've gone through and cleaned them all out.

The FF nute you used is 2-8-4. I'm new to growing, but if that's all you've been giving them since you started flower I'm going to guess that's why they're yellow. They're in flower, but it's super early and they're transitioning. You just finished a 10 day flush so there is probably nothing in the soil left to feed them. They're going to need some more N till mid flower IMO.
This is pretty accurate for such a new grower. Yes the flush pulled all of the available nutrients out of the soil. And 2-8-4 is low on N. You could also add some Magnesium, it looks a little low. Easiest way to add this is to buy unscented epsom salt at the drug store.

G

GreenMtnHigh

Thanks for the insight. I did have a lockout issue at one point and the flush fixed it. I guess I’m a little weary of over feeding at this point. I gave them a little drink of FF Grow Big and some Mag this morning after I made the post. And they are already looking 80% better.
I’m not a fan of the bottle nutes. I feel that if I continue with this feeding method, I’m going to be chasing the tail of SOME sort deficiency or overload. I’m already doing some serious research into super soils and will probably go that route with my next grow.

G

GreenMtnHigh

How often are you watering/ feeding these girls? The fan leaves are showing signs of chronic over watering.
They have only been watered twice in the past 12 days. Day 7 post flush was water until runoff and this morning was .25 gallons each with Grow Big and Epsom Salts. They are looking MUCH better already!

FE66DC1A 40FB 4FB4 9347 7B518D8EDA82
G

GreenMtnHigh

One week into flower an the girls are looking pretty decent. Now I understand the importance of plants being their healthiest during the switch.

23C5A983 7E24 434A 8863 326D741B57DB
48E17EF6 90D4 4A26 A75E 471FA34F9666
C9678153 14A2 4550 98F5 FCDF729B7BAF
Top Bottom