Viable system ? Spectrapanel x144...

• Thread starter Zedbrudsh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zedbrudsh

Hi all,

Sorry for my english wich is not as good as i wish it to be... ;)

i've read some "growth diaries" based on LED, and was really impressed by some work.
I'm really beginner in indoor growth, i did some outdoor few years ago, so i expect to not be a nOob at all. ;)

I'm actually making an installation like this :

Box:
Hortibox : 1.20m X 1.20m X 2.00m (1.2m = +/- 48" = +/- 4ft) ;
(2m = +/- 79"= +/- 6.5 ft),
hope it's clear for you

Light:
2 X SpectrapanelX144 from Floraled wich is quite new product released 1 month ago...
( )

(Sorry the link is in french but i think you can easily understand the technical specifications, floraled and bloomled are famous brand here in france and in europe, they are closely working with Phillips wich seem to be a serious manufacturer in LED technology)

The power consumption is about 144W each for 48 X 3W Led, each led has a reflector and lense system to reduce the yield of light to 90°/60° to increase penetration of the light.

One thing i don't undernstand when comparing to other led system like 357 Magnum is about the power consumption, but maybe i've got bad infos on that, my panel with 48 LEDs has a 144w consumption and the 357 Magnum with 119 LEDs has a 180W but both use 3W leds (Oo),maybe someone can shed some light on this? ;)

At term, i'd like to use a second hortibox with the same size.

I will begin in anycase in earth, and maybe later try others methods if everything goes fine.

My questions are :

-do you think my installation with one hortibox is viable ? Quite sure, it will but i'prefer that someone confirm that...

-do you think i can use only one unique floraled SpectrapanelX144 system in my hortibox ? so i can have two identical box with the same LED system.

-The led system come with a dimmer fonction, so that i can put more or less blue or red light, i understand that each color are specific to the plant period ( veg or flowering ), but do you need to mix the both light a little during those periods ? i've seen posts that's say that...
Maybe this question has already an answer somewhere on the forums, so don't take notice of it.

-I'm thinking about buying Air Pots, what do you think of them ?
i will surely start with 10 plants, in one or two of my already bought hortibox, i'm thinking about using 10 X 3L Air Pots first and 10 X 10L Air Pots after.
Do you think, if i only use one of my hortibox, i will be able to put all those 10L Air Pots in it ?

I really thank you for the time you will spend on my message, and sorry if those questions seems stupid, finaly i'am really a nOob ;)

p.s if you see really horrible sentence in my message, don't hesitate to correct me i will edit my message... lol

Zedbrudsh :thinking

ynotFOREVER

ynotFOREVER

Hi all,

Sorry for my english wich is not as good as i wish it to be... ;)

i've read some "growth diaries" based on LED, and was really impressed by some work.
I'm really beginner in indoor growth, i did some outdoor few years ago, so i expect to not be a nOob at all. ;)

I'm actually making an installation like this :

Box:
Hortibox : 1.20m X 1.20m X 2.00m (1.2m = +/- 48" = +/- 4ft) ;
hope it's clear for you

Light:
2 X SpectrapanelX144 from Floraled wich is quite new product released 1 month ago...
( )

(Sorry the link is in french but i think you can easily understand the technical specifications, floraled and bloomled are famous brand here in france and in europe, they are closely working with Phillips wich seem to be a serious manufacturer in LED technology)

The power consumption is about 144W each for 48 X 3W Led, each led has a reflector and lense system to reduce the yield of light to 90°/60° to increase penetration of the light.

One thing i don't undernstand when comparing to other led system like 357 Magnum is about the power consumption, but maybe i've got bad infos on that, my panel with 48 LEDs has a 144w consumption and the 357 Magnum with 119 LEDs has a 180W but both use 3W leds (Oo),maybe someone can shed some light on this? ;)

At term, i'd like to use a second hortibox with the same size.

I will begin in anycase in earth, and maybe later try others methods if everything goes fine.

My questions are :

-do you think my installation with one hortibox is viable ? Quite sure, it will but i'prefer that someone confirm that...

-do you think i can use only one unique floraled SpectrapanelX144 system in my hortibox ? so i can have two identical box with the same LED system.

-The led system come with a dimmer fonction, so that i can put more or less blue or red light, i understand that each color are specific to the plant period ( veg or flowering ), but do you need to mix the both light a little during those periods ? i've seen posts that's say that...
Maybe this question has already an answer somewhere on the forums, so don't take notice of it.

-I'm thinking about buying Air Pots, what do you think of them ?
i will surely start with 10 plants, in one or two of my already bought hortibox, i'm thinking about using 10 X 3L Air Pots first and 10 X 10L Air Pots after.
Do you think, if i only use one of my hortibox, i will be able to put all those 10L Air Pots in it ?

I really thank you for the time you will spend on my message, and sorry if those questions seems stupid, finaly i'am really a nOob ;)

p.s if you see really horrible sentence in my message, don't hesitate to correct me i will edit my message... lol

Zedbrudsh :thinking

ur box size is a little small, maybe make more room, u wont regret it later.

for veg (blue and white diodes)
full spectrum (blue red white uv)
and air pots are AWESOME
i think u should have less plants and make up for it in size and veg of the plants, the bigger the air pot the better!
and if u have space scrog it

Z

Zedbrudsh

Thanks for your reply :)

With all the thread talking about poor led products, i'm a little scared about what i'm gonna buy...
My local growshop highly adviced me to take the foraled spectrapanel x144...
I'm quite sure no one used products from Floraled on this forum cause it's more an european products it seems...

Does someone who has already made a harvest with led panel, can have a look to the technical spec of spectrapanelx144 ? I know that's just infos on a website but Floraled has a good reputation here, so we can believe what they write.

My questions are all about effectiveness ( power, penetration comparing to the space i'm gonna use ).

Will i be able to have two setup like this :

1) Box:
Hortibox : 1.20m X 1.20m X 2.00m
(1.2m = +/- 48" = +/- 4ft) ;

2)Light : SpectrapanelX144

As ynotFOREVER said my box may be too small for 10 plants, so each box will have from 5 to 8 plants in it, and depending on this number plants will be more or less big.

I know i'm "little" repeating myself in this reply but i really want to fix a setup that will work and stick on it :)
My budget with this configuration is near 1500€ ( about 2000$), i'll definitly go for LED because of the heat and power advantage, but i need to be sure it will work even if i need to buy some more stuff...

Thanks all and still sorry for my "foreign" language ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom