Vietnam Black

• Thread starter Necromancer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Just curious if anyone can point me in the right direction to procure these seeds? Yes i know i can get a hybrid but that's not what im looking for.
hate to tell ya friend,but these days everything is hybrid,,if you want land race,get the passport out and take a plane trip,,i really dont think you gonna find it in the states,if you are lucky it gonna run you some real good money and probally be a hybrid also,im convinced there arent any landrace left,even or veggie seeds have gone to nothing but hybrids,,sucks too

sun

sun

i only think these where available as crosses , ace was the place with the vb thai. then reeferman had willy nelson vb crossed to nepaleese male (for some crazy reason im thinking its what the canadians call mighty might) anyways might be someone tightly holding onto some over at icm... , oh ya i think billy goat has some , if he is still around .

Necromancer

Necromancer

hate to tell ya friend,but these days everything is hybrid,,if you want land race,get the passport out and take a plane trip,,i really dont think you gonna find it in the states,if you are lucky it gonna run you some real good money and probally be a hybrid also,im convinced there arent any landrace left,even or veggie seeds have gone to nothing but hybrids,,sucks too
Passport and tickets are ready.. But not for Nam. And i was promised some seeds, not sure what they are though. The call was breif and breaking up because they were using a satellite phone. Im very picky and they know this so im sure it's good.

J

justcurious

Just wondering if you have had any success in finding the VB?
I'm intrigued. I'm really wanting to find a true black landrace.

xavier7995

xavier7995

This one is on the list of stuff to try and track down.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

plenty of real vb seeds out there
i have a pint of green versions and a pint of black versions in a freezer
billygoat got his seeds from fet
fet got his from imports to Australia in the 60's and early 70's
i read a lot of people want them but i think they want the name more then the genetics
because in the real world... vb genetics suck...it takes literally 1000's of seeds to get a real keeper and that keeper has flaws, like 6 inch long buds that weigh 1/4 gram after 18 months of 12/12
bottom line, it's good when it's good, but it's sure a pita to get there
fwiw

4 Dragons

4 Dragons

I have some of the real Vietnamese Black from a long, long time ago and they are a lot different from what I have seen in the past 12 years or so. Mine look prototypical Vietnamese with the skinniest leaves I have ever seen. ZERO Afghani in these! Unfortunately zero males. I have never done the S1 thing but if one of these turns out to be worthy I think I am going to go ahead and do it...

K

Ktrelations

Hello! This is the only thread I've seen so far talking about just Vietnamese black seeds, no hybrid cross. Anyone know where I can find any?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Willie Nelson is prob as close as you will get nowadays unless someone has some of Billys hangin out. The Willie Nelson f2's that JLP did back in the day as freebies are prob still kicking around if you can find them. Prob your best bet.

roach

roach

I bought some Vietnamese Black sold by anon on Cbay back around 2000, and it was a hybrid between two sativa strains, really powerful lemon taste and the best high, would keep you up all night if smoked too late. But back then I didnt think of making seeds.

MDGrnthum68

MDGrnthum68

plenty of real vb seeds out there
i have a pint of green versions and a pint of black versions in a freezer
billygoat got his seeds from fet
fet got his from imports to Australia in the 60's and early 70's
i read a lot of people want them but i think they want the name more then the genetics
because in the real world... vb genetics suck...it takes literally 1000's of seeds to get a real keeper and that keeper has flaws, like 6 inch long buds that weigh 1/4 gram after 18 months of 12/12
bottom line, it's good when it's good, but it's sure a pita to get there
fwiw
20190531 213128
what you guys think full sativa or what

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Too early to tell, but the leaves look to be a Sativa hybrid, not a pure Sativa... but it's hard to tell at this early age. Pure Sativa is getting hard to find or get.

roach

roach

I finaly dug out this old description of Vietnamese Black from 2001, this is where the VB in most of the crosses available today comes from

User36300 pic1072191 1368732665
P

pdx

PDX
I picked up a mystery landrace from pakistan as a clone a month or so ago from a local shop here in Portland, OR.

Top Bottom