Vintage brass pipe

• Thread starter Curly1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Curly1

Curly1

Anyone ever used one of the old style proto pipes? There are several companies still making them. I don’t see them around much anymore. They come with a built in poker and weed storage space. Great for the outdoors loving pothead.

Vintage brass pipe
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Anyone ever used one of the old style proto pipes? There are several companies still making them. I don’t see them around much anymore. They come with a built in poker and weed storage space. Great for the outdoors loving pothead.
Nice but I prefer wood pipes, I made this today from Birdseye Maple.

100 3962
Curly1

Curly1

You’re a talented wood worker. Do you prefer wood for flavor or athletics? Not to mention the reward of using something you’ve made. The benefit of the proto pipe is the bullet casing storage and the built in screen cleaner. Not to mention it’s connection to our Vietnam soldiers who carried proto’s. Another nice pocket pipe is the Monkey pipe in this picture. Like the proto you can load a bowl then throw it in your pocket for later.
C48DCFB3 0491 4B6F B159 1145B6FC3A09
C48DCFB3 0491 4B6F B159 1145B6FC3A09

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
You’re a talented wood worker. Do you prefer wood for flavor or athletics? Not to mention the reward of using something you’ve made. The benefit of the proto pipe is the bullet casing storage and the built in screen cleaner. Not to mention it’s connection to our Vietnam soldiers who carried proto’s. Another nice pocket pipe is the Monkey pipe in this picture. Like the proto you can load a bowl then throw it in your pocket for later. View attachment 948484View attachment 948484
I'm not familiar with those pipes but they're very cool looking. I see them both well used and that's the important thing. I've made all sorts of pipes including metal ones but nothing like those. Yours will also last longer too, Mine are personal pipes heat them up too much you start burning wood. Cure them right though and there's no wood burning for regular usage and will last a long time with some tlc.

BigD66

BigD66

I can’t even begin to guess at how many of these I purchased over the years. Probably 10 easy. Get one, keep it for a year or so and then they disappear....

Egzoset

Egzoset

Hummm...

Well, i ain't into combustion since ~13 years ago i think, but anyway i remember i liked the Pyptek nano/prometeus/titan, until i understood it was a smoker pipe that is.

😉

the rrock

the rrock

Those pipes bring back some memories, I never bought one but ended up with a couple over the years

Olena

Olena

I love metal pipes! I find they are the most comfortable to use. I know for sure that they are simple and easy to clean)) Such pipes will never let you down! This is my favorite pipe, it is always with me)

Unnamed 1
Top Bottom