Viparspectra XS2000 grow light Efficiency

• Thread starter Painty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Painty

I’m getting ready to start my first grow in a 4x4 tent. I currently only plan on 3-4 plants max. Is this a good quality light that would be sufficient for the situation? I would like something $300 or less preferably.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

That's enough to veg with, would be underpowered in flower for a 4*4. You'd be better off looking into kingbrite boards. You could get two 240 watt boards delivered for 300 bucks. That would be much better flowering a 4*4.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

I have a handful of Viparspectra boards, they are great for veg and I've grown decent flowers with them. I made the switch to Kingbrite boards in 3000k and quality went way up. You need about 30 watts per square foot to flower with MINIMUM. It is better to have more. If you are in the states, Growdaddyleds has specials on Kingbrite kits if you buy 2. Or check with Vicky at Kingbrite on Alibaba, they have stock in the US.

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Great Light, definitely agree you want two for that space in flower though

P

Painty

Ok so say I go with two lights. Would two Viparspectra P1500’s suffice or not enough? I see that the XS series has the LM301B diodes though.

491D91CE 4726 4356 B04B 42217CB316E6

Last edited:
I

IamN2pot

No, you need a minimun 450 watts of a "Quality" LED to cover a 4x4 tent. I'm running a SpiderFarmer SP4000 and it pulls 435 watts if my memory serves. Yes, you can flower with those lights at 300 watts total, but you'll only get 1/2 as much and lower THC concentration on the smaller flowers when you harvest. Your call....

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Personally would stick with the xs series for the higher quality components. Dont think xs1500 is that much more right now

P

Painty

No, you need a minimun 450 watts of a "Quality" LED to cover a 4x4 tent. I'm running a SpiderFarmer SP4000 and it pulls 435 watts if my memory serves. Yes, you can flower with those lights at 300 watts total, but you'll only get 1/2 as much and lower THC concentration on the smaller flowers when you harvest. Your call....
Would one Spiderfarmer SP4000 cover my 4x4?

P

Painty

Personally would stick with the xs series for the higher quality components. Dont think xs1500 is that much more right now
Thanks. I’m just trying to find what is good quality and will work best covering a 4x4 tent for best yield, whether it be two lights or one. Let’s forget about the $300 limit I mentioned in op but I still want a good deal

Last edited:
I

IamN2pot

Would one Spiderfarmer SP4000 cover my 4x4?
YES! :) ...and as they say, 'the proof of the pudding is in the eating' and while I can't send you a sample, I will attach pictures. Tall ones, short ones, always a FULL canopy.
That's not to say you can't get good results with the Viparspectra XS series you are looking at, I don't have any experiance with that brand. They may be just as good? You would need the XS2000 x2 if you want similar results.
Disclaimer: I am not associated with SpiderFarmer, just a customer.

IMG 20210907 142703
IMG 20210926 115802
IMG 20210803 202205
IMG 20211004 170938

JohnnyApp

JohnnyApp

Best advice you’ll ever get is to get the best you can afford. I’d recommend an ROI 420, paid $525 for mine. Just skip the junk food for a month or two to make the difference, your ladies and your belly will thank you 😉

C

CocoFun

Well no that's not true at all.
1.). He's only growing a couple 3-4 plants growing in a 4x4.
2.). If you're growing autos, watts/Ppfd doesn't frickin matter because you're giving them a constant light cycle of 20 hrs.
3.) Giving this information is terribly irresponsible unless you know what they're growing, how many, what type etc.
Just to say you need ~30w per sq' is only applicable in certain situations.

SCREW THE LIGHTS, it's alllll about AIRFLOW, TEMPS AND HUMIDITY. Get those things down, you're good 👍.

I apologize if that sounded like I was being rude. Wasn't intending to. I simply meant ALOT more goes into choosing a light instead of simply saying "oh you NEED this".Too many variables

Latest posts

Top Bottom