Vipraspectra...still crap?

• Thread starter Lp_jr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lp_jr

Lp_jr

First time grower, 4x4 tent. Was just ready to pull the trigger on the VS 1200, then I read an older thread where a smaller one caught on fire.

Are all of their lights suspect or was this something that was fixed?

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

I recently bought a Pro Series P1500 from Viparspectra and it works great and looks nice. Feels very well built in hand. Plants are loving it, as my pics on profile show

Anthem

Anthem

First time grower, 4x4 tent. Was just ready to pull the trigger on the VS 1200, then I read an older thread where a smaller one caught on fire.

Are all of their lights suspect or was this something that was fixed?

Do you want to get a couple zips or units?

Lp_jr

Lp_jr

From what I read on the Kingbrites, they are from China, no website and you just have to contact them correct?

I'm thinking that may be a long time to ship, not to mention questionable electrical safety. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also looked at HLG and Spider. It doesn't have to be an LED, I just figured it would be cheaper electricity wise. Grow will be in a cool cellar, so heat may not be an issue.

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Spiderfarmer are the same exact boards and drivers the kingbrites use, just rebranded, pretty much. The difference is as you said, contacting someone in china and paying $70 for slow ass shipping or buying it from a company who isn't afraid to back their products and likely free faster shipping from somewhere more domestic 💁

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

The plants don't care what name is printed on the light, as long as the spectrum and intesity is there for it. :)

visajoe1

visajoe1

From what I read on the Kingbrites, they are from China, no website and you just have to contact them correct?

I'm thinking that may be a long time to ship, not to mention questionable electrical safety. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also looked at HLG and Spider. It doesn't have to be an LED, I just figured it would be cheaper electricity wise. Grow will be in a cool cellar, so heat may not be an issue.
what is your KWH rate? if you're in a cool cellar, consider 1000w MH/HPS for your 4x4. Electrical costs around .10/KWH with fans and all will be less than $100 month (I'm around $60 @ .9/KWH).

Lp_jr

Lp_jr

Broke down an ordered a Spiderfarm SF4000. Should have just ordered a kingbrite...same shipping time.

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

I just ordered a 240watt 3000k samsung lm-301b+660nm/meanwell fixture on amazon... 💁
May 13th delivery date on it, not bad. Figure itll be my new flowering light and my p1500 can do veg now. :)

Screenshot 2020 05 02 14 21 15
Mospeada

Mospeada

If you really want to cheap out on LED's use an LED flood light. There's a global over supply of them right now. I picked up a 500 watter for $18.

I originally bought it for ambient lighting but I noticed the colour spectrum is 2800-3500k. Pretty good for growing weed. I actually have HLG knock offs that cost 20 times more...it'd be hilarious if that flood light out performs it on a grow but I haven't tried it yet myself.

Untitled
Top Bottom