Status
Not open for further replies.
Moto

Moto

20150417 191626

mandalaman

mandalaman

I could also use that same info, I'm using that line now

I've been chatting with Patrick at NFTG, such a good guy. This is what he had to say about organic (he volunteered this info when I inquired about NFTG).

Also, we are not considered 100% organic. Although we take every length possible to use the most sustainable ingredients, from using rainwater to sustainably harvested kelp meal, we search for the cleanest resources. However, we do have to use some organic chemistry to stabilize the nutrients in our bottles. With most of our products we can simply use organic acids to lower the pH to stabilize the product, but in a couple of cases there are some of our active ingredients that need to be preserved or they would spoil rather rapidly. For instance, in the Medusa’s Magic we add digested chicken livers. We process the fresh livers in house and when the digestion is complete we end up with a slurry of enzymes, amino acids, vitamins, minerals, proteins and organic acids. We tried everything from lowering the pH to many food preservatives to keep this ingredient from spoiling. Being that this material is acidic by nature, dropping the pH only promoted spoilage faster. After many trials and errors we found that calcium nitrate was the only preservative that would stop the material from fermenting. The cool thing is that the nitrate stabilizes the acids while the calcium bond is broken and becomes available to the plant. I just wanted you to be aware of this. IT is listed on the bottles, but sometimes it takes people by surprise.

I'm sure he'd provide more info gladly if you had more questions :)

incogneato

incogneato

I've been chatting with Patrick at NFTG, such a good guy. This is what he had to say about organic (he volunteered this info when I inquired about NFTG).

I'm sure he'd provide more info gladly if you had more questions :)
They seemed legit from the beggining. That's what gave me the confidence to roll with them for my first run. O far the nutes have made me look like a pretty good grower lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom