• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Welcome to this months photo of the month contest.
As always many great photos were nominated, thank you to everyone who entered.
Voting ends in 5 days

Feb Photo of the month Sponsors
Potmprizes

Prizes for Feb Photo of the month.

OSA28 8oz bottle

OG Biowar (complete pack)

Nectar For The Gods (for coco/soil growers only)
(if you dont grow in coco or soil this prize will go to the runner up)
Gaia (1gal)
Medusa (1gal)
Zeus (1gal)
Demeter (1gal)
Athena (1gal)
Olympus (1gal)
APhrodite (1gal)
Herculean (2.5gal)
Bloom khaos (1qt)
SLF-100 Enzyme (1qt)
Guardian natural mite spray (1oz)

Feb POTM Contenders

User: G gnome
Strain: JSD Sugar Drum (KDS Seeds)
JSD Sugar Drum

User:
jumpincactus
Strain: Sour Bubble (BOG Seeds)

Sour Bubble

User: Dynamite
Strain: 3 Queens (CSI: Humboldt)
3 queens

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I have a question,,,,,, Is this a POTM (Photo of the Month Contest)",? or a bag appeal contest or fav strain/flavor of the month. For some reason I keep focusing on the "shot" ya know the resolution and clarity/framing of the picture. If this is a strain based contest then I will start focusing on whats hot in the newest fad strain.

I love to compete but will someone please give a tad more clarification on what exactly the POTM is looking for in a killer shot??? Thanks

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I have a question,,,,,, Is this a POTM (Photo of the Month Contest)",? or a bag appeal contest or fav strain/flavor of the month. For some reason I keep focusing on the "shot" ya know the resolution and clarity/framing of the picture. If this is a strain based contest then I will start focusing on whats hot in the newest fad strain.

I love to compete but will someone please give a tad more clarification on what exactly the POTM is looking for in a killer shot??? Thanks
Exactly what I was thinking, bro. The other buds look awesome, but the pic clarity is weak. It's just basically a popularity contest usually... I always enjoy looking through the thread though.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter

Exactly what I was thinking, bro. The other buds look awesome, but the pic clarity is weak. It's just basically a popularity contest usually... I always enjoy looking through the thread though.

I ask myself the same thing every month, since I weigh my vote based on photo quality as the only criterion. At first I was confused by peoples' voting habits, as they seem rather arbitrary to me. It seems I have a more narrow concept of a winning image than others do. It's a fine line between saying "what the fuck?" and offending someone.

And when some of the sponsors don't even follow through with prizes, makes me wonder why this thing keeps going.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Personally, I vote based on what I'm looking at in the picture. If it was strictly about image quality and artistic expression I think that would give an unfair advantage to those with skills in those areas and maybe even thousands of dollars invested in equipment vs. those who don't. After all, this isn't a gathering of artsy, gallery-goers, we're a bunch of marijuana cultivators. Obviously, image quality has to come into play but, I don't think it should be the main consideration.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I vote based on which one i want to smoke the most when i see them,i try not to pay much attention to the names til i pick which pic im going to vote for.I hardly ever vote for the prettiest or the one that looks photoshopped,its a weed contest not the best photographer or who has the best camera contest.I also prefer pics of the whole plant where i can see structure and judge size better and not just bud close ups but that rarely happens.
I voted for gnomes this month,jumpins is the artsiest and dynamites is looking nice and frosty,no losers in the bunch.Just my 2 cents,everyone should vote for what they like i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom