Vote NO!

• Thread starter HannaMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HannaMan

I think this is the RIGHT reason to Vote NO.

This Bill is Majorly flawed!

Peron, co-author of Proposition 215, cites three "fatal flaws" in the Oaksterdamn U initiative . These can be described as limits, taxes, and penalties regarding minors.

Regarding the limits of one ounce and 25 square feet for personal cultivation:

"Imagine a law to “tax and regulate” alcohol that only allows for possession of up to one bottle of wine imprisoning those who exceed that amount, be it two bottles or a small collection of choice vintages. These limits guarantee confusion, harassment and black marketeering forevermore. We don’t control alcohol by imposing a 25 sq. foot limit on grape vines. But one extra gram or sq. foot of pot means jail and even worse; this initiative specifies that if accused of having too much cannabis the burden of proof is on you, not the state."

Regarding taxes:

"Singling out those who want to use marijuana for a huge excise tax is just plain unfair. It maintains cannabis as the most expensive, blatantly overpriced product on the market thus forcing most people to choose cheaper, more dangerous drugs with huge externalized costs to society as a whole."

Regarding minors:

"Sending teenagers to state prison for three years for pot is evil. This initiative mandates that 18, 19, and twenty year old minors serve three to seven year terms in California state prison for the crime of passing each other a joint or selling one another a small amount. Under this law if a 21 year old person passes a joint to a 20 year old he or she goes to county jail for six months. Likewise this measure has no exceptions for parents in their own homes from the “smoking cannabis in any space while minors are present” prohibition. We don’t lock up parents for having a glass of wine with dinner and we certainly don’t tell the kids to leave the house for the purpose of consuming any other substance so why start with cannabis?"

Peron vows that if the proponents "buy" enough signatures to get the initiative on the ballot he will campaign against it:

"This initiative is bad for parents, students and, ultimately, the effort to get the state to stop ruining lives enforcing these draconian pot laws. Initiatives create permanent statutes. This one with its petty restrictions for personal users, prohibitive unfair taxes, and mandatory state prison sentences for teen agers need be nipped in the bud. We will campaign and vote against it should its proponents succeed in purchasing the necessary number of signatures to put it on the 2010 ballot. The tax revenue it will supposedly generate is a mere smokescreen for the kids it will regulate into three, five and seven year state prison sentences."

VOTE NO!

S

Sway

amen!

i can think of about 20 other reasons why this bill is a pile of horseshit. the problem is california is full of stupid stoners who see a legalization bill and will automatically vote yes, even though they have no idea what it really means. sad, but true.

E

edux10

i will still be medical and lets hope things stay the same for us med users.

B

Backward_Z

Seriously, dude, you need to go post this over on Reddit.

They're getting seriously amped over there.

H

HannaMan

Please feel free Backward!! I dont know what that is, but if you direct me in the right place I would be happy to.

G

Gro

amen!

i can think of about 20 other reasons why this bill is a pile of horseshit. the problem is california is full of stupid stoners who see a legalization bill and will automatically vote yes, even though they have no idea what it really means. sad, but true.

i hate to say it but you have a point, Sway my brother.politicians seem to have a vast sea of stupid to tap in this state,......this country for that matter.

great thread Hannaman.keep fighting the good fight.:fighting0040:

B

burnedout

isn't that what they're counting on? we need to spread the word and EDUCATE!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If Prop 19 proponents can get television advertising going and there is little good opposition, again in the form of television advertising, it very well may pass, and not just because of a bunch of uninformed stoners, either.
amen!

i can think of about 20 other reasons why this bill is a pile of horseshit. the problem is california is full of stupid television-voters who see a legalization bill and will automatically vote yes, even though they have no idea what it really means. sad, but true.
Had to fix that for ya.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

You are right and I am voting no... Can someone please show me in the bill where state prison is involed...???

M

MediMary

Im all for legalizing cannabis, but I hope prop 215 doesnt pass.
i think its going to be similar to colorado, the guys with lots of money hire lobbyists, and then they get a monopoly on stuff. And I despise richard lee.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Im all for legalizing cannabis, but I hope prop 215 doesnt pass.
i think its going to be similar to colorado, the guys with lots of money hire lobbyists, and then they get a monopoly on stuff. And I despise richard lee.
LMFAO! :D
:passingjoint:

That was cool.

S

StickyIckys

Definitely will be voting no. We're all for legalization but not with this bill. Too restrictive and too harsh. I do think it should be treated like a business...but like any other business (most easily compared to alcohol and alcohol production).

Hopefully it won't pass. If it doesn't we'll all just have to get together and make one that actually makes sense!

B

Backward_Z

I went ahead and cross posted your main post to reddit/r/trees here: http://www.reddit.com/r/trees/comments/cq0tk/cannabis_farmers_say_vote_no_on_prop_19/

Now I expect to get flooded in flames and negative karma :) Different waters over there, but thanks for this post.

amen!

This pretty much sums up the situation over on r/trees. Like, amazingly so. You lightly tapped the nail on the head and the motherfucker just SHOT through the board and implanted itself into the next house over.

E

edux10

man, i really wish some of the other initiatives would have made it to the ballot. like that one that said 99 plants and 12lbs per person! wow, that would have been awesome.

the way i look at it is you damned if you do, damned if you dont. and after it passes/fails everyone is going to blaming the other guy when things are still screwed up or possibly worse than before. Its sad i guess, but really i look at it like "how will this change my standard of living?" and really i dont know. Im trying to play it out in my head but really no one can see the future.

Ideally, everyone could have weed now, grow it, and get it for cheap. But obvioulsy it could go either way. We could see more expensive weed, because the government it taxing it.
We could see stricter laws if you go out of their limits, and that is a big one, because there sould really be NO LIMITS, just like cigs and booze. And with weed it is even harder because you really cant gauge how much you will produce like you can with booze. And really should you be held legally responsible to destroy it if it is out of you limits? really? because that is just like throwing money away.
Like i have been saying the whole time, i really hope it is a step in the right direction. At least the topic is getting some serious attention.

It is obviously not the end all best thing for everyone, but we will really have to see how it plays out. In the end the govment has the power. Will we stop seeing federal raids? And will it effect the med scene? I think that is a big question, because they have no right to do anything to 215 rec holders, but i really think they will.
If the feds didnt like sick people using mj as medicine, are they really going to take a liking to people using it just to get high? Personally i dont see how really anyone uses mj for recreation, wether they understand it or not. Its kind of like saying people use vitimins for recreation. When someone smoke a bowl, they are fixing ther mind really. They become relaxed, and mellow, stimulates appetite, etc. Everything it does has a medical value. Not really like booze, where it sole purpose it to become intoxicated and really nothing more (well, some people use it to sleep or for social anxiety problems, but for the most part it is consumed to become fucked up and party/enjoy yourself). I will stop the rant now before it becomes a book. Thanks guys!!

Top Bottom