Vote Please: Can You Super Crop In Week 2 Of Flower?

• Thread starter JakeyBakey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Super cropping in week 2 of flower, did I mess up?

• Total voters
JakeyBakey

JakeyBakey

Hello Farmers I need some input, please vote on the question below.
Lets start with the Strains and details specifically about the 4x8 flower tent.
This is my first run feminized, I started growing auto-fems.
Cali OG fem (sativa) 3 each
Sour Jack fem (sativa) 3 each
Fox farm Soil in 10 gallon felt bags
Fox farm liquids and soluables (whole line)
Water w/ 1/3 Strength nutes ever other day
Vegged for 60 days
2 Led panels @ 800 wall watts
Tent has exhaust and intake fans
And 3 fans to move air around.
Room temp being controlled by A/C
And dehumidifier.

I Flipped lights March 30th so im almost 2 1/2 weeks of flower and made some big changes to the tent.
I took 2 huge 10 gal pots of blueberry widow strain out and moved to their own tent.
Also went from 3 led panels now only 2 panels to flower with.
The amount of light seems fine.
The electric went out for about 20 hours at the most when the breaker switch flipped over. The next day I noticed a funky smell and the humidity was rising, the tent was up to 90° I knew the plants must be overcrowded and over watered. Power went out right after I watered. All the felt pots were just about touching each other before.

So I took everything out, cleaned the floor, cut the nets down, pulled off dead leaves off that we not getting light, I set a fan to move air in the bottom of tent.
Then I put new nets up, and put the 6 COG and SJ back in the tent about 1-2ft apart.
I now realize how important it is to give your plants more space to breath and mature. I lost a veg tent but gained a flower tent for the blueberry widow (picture of 2 big plants)
I crammed the net down on them as they had a net before and were lanky as all hell. Many branches bent and cracked in the process, and I used plant tape on most.

The funky oder went away and the tent is back at 80° high with 35%-55% humidity. I can't tell If they will be ok, some drank the feed and some are drinking very slow. Going on day 2 after the big move.
I had to move the plants around regardless, and had to clean them out or big problems would have occurred.

So Whats your vote :
Did I mess up by super cropping in at this stage? Will my plants still thrive?

Yes, you messed up. Big yield is busted.
Or
No, been done before they'll be fine
Or
Yes and No. Plants will live through harvest but yield will be much less.

Thanks for your votes and comments and the time spent reading and responding to this mess lol
Much respect
Jake

Vote please can you super crop in week 2 of flower
Vote please can you super crop in week 2 of flower 2
Vote please can you super crop in week 2 of flower 3
Vote please can you super crop in week 2 of flower 4
Vote please can you super crop in week 2 of flower 5
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I wouldn't do anything to the plants ypu posted pic of. As far as sc in flower, my rule of thumb, I don't do anything past weekn2 from flip. Week 3 I may snip a lower or two at most. You risk stressing the plant and hermie it in the future.

JakeyBakey

JakeyBakey

Im glad you mentioned not to do anything to the plants w/o supercropping.
The blueberry widow (3rd picture down) If I pulled some tops away from the middle I MAY increase the yield but like you said it would come with more risk like hermie ...
Thanks a bunch man

I wouldn't do anything to the plants ypu posted pic of. As far as sc in flower, my rule of thumb, I don't do anything past weekn2 from flip. Week 3 I may snip a lower or two at most. You risk stressing the plant and hermie it in the future.

jammie

jammie

at least once a grow i'll have a cola or 2 with too much spunk and it starts growing to close to the light. so rather than risk light or heat burn, i'll pinch the stalk and bend it over. never had any problems but would agree with Trich that your plants dont need it

Leew421

Leew421

I would reduce the amount of flower in your tops. All the lower stuff can be removed to increase yield and density up top. You only need about 12-24 inches or so of good canopy.

JakeyBakey

JakeyBakey

I would reduce the amount of flower in your tops. All the lower stuff can be removed to increase yield and density up top. You only need about 12-24 inches or so of good canopy.
Thanks Leew,
These Led panels are penetrating harrd in the paint
and I want to see how usable they are under thick cover. Next run I'll do a proper lollipop and compare the results.

R

rascali

Hmm trying to understand your math here, as it's generally acknowledged that 9/10 growers suck. So if you're running a poll for advice, what's your winning strategy? Go with the one vote for

D. (all of the above).

JakeyBakey

JakeyBakey

Aw, Yeah thats ok if you dont understand cupcake.
But Ill still tell you my strat, I'm gonna take all the great advice and props from the good helpful farmers and put that In one bucket (the helpful bucket) , and then I'll take all the garbage remarks and useless comments and put those in another bucket for the trash (the shit bucket).
I know your easily confused but, Guess which bucket your in ?

JakeyBakey

JakeyBakey

My super cropped plants are looking happy and the some are praying again . Most all sites are now bending up towards the lights.
Still gonna keep a real close eye but ... looking good today

20170420 200924
sixstring

sixstring

at least once a grow i'll have a cola or 2 with too much spunk and it starts growing to close to the light. so rather than risk light or heat burn, i'll pinch the stalk and bend it over. never had any problems but would agree with Trich that your plants dont need it
me to :cool:

Latest posts

Top Bottom