Vote to Ban Cannabis Clubs in Los Angeles

• Thread starter nebulius
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nebulius

nebulius

Vote To Ban Medical Marijuana Dispensaries In Los Angeles Delayed

The anticipated Los Angeles City Council vote on a ban on medical cannabis dispensaries in the city will not take place Friday as originally planned. Americans for Safe Access sent out an email alert earlier today urging activists and patients to still come down to City Hall to make their voice heard.
The Los Angeles City Council has postponed a vote on a motion to ban medical cannabis cooperatives and collectives in the city. The vote would have taken place tomorrow. That means we have a little longer to urge them to reject the ban and find a better solution for medical cannabis patients. I am going to City Hall tomorrow, and you can still join me there to speak to the City Council. The meeting is on Friday, June 22, at 10:00 AM in room 340 at City Hall, 200 N. Spring Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012. Arrive early to find parking and complete a speaker’s card.
420times_000011882614XSmall-150x150.jpg
We do not know when the City Council will vote on the motion for an outright ban on patients’ associations in the city. We will need to turn out a big crowd that day, so keep an eye on this mailing list for the latest news. In the meantime, can you make a phone call or send an email to your representative on the City Council?
I suggest using this phone script or cutting and pasting this into the message box on your City Council members’ web contact form:
“I am a medical cannabis patient/advocate in your District, and I do not want to see an outright ban on medical cannabis cooperatives and collectives in the city. Patients rely on these facilities for safe access to the medicine they need. Closing all of them means cutting off that access, and in some cases, forcing legal patients back into the illegal market. Please reject the motion by Council Member Huizar to ban medical cannabis. Instead, work with all the stakeholders to find a solution that works for patients. Thank you.”
Personalize the message as you wish; but keep is short, on topic, and courteous!​
A dispensary ban in Los Angeles would restrict medical access for tens of thousands patients at the very least. Tell the council to do their job and let safe, successful businesses flourish instead of just banning a “problem” they don’t want to deal with.
- Joe Klare

This is a big blow to medicinal cannabis in California. Everyone who reads this and is in LA, please email or call your city council member and encourage them to allow dispensaries. Even better go to city hall and be heard!
If in LA you can find and email city council members here, link.

more info at americansforsafeaccess.com

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

wow thats crazy, trying to put the genie back in the bottle 15 years later huh, man these guys think they can you people somehting then take it back? are kinda dumb, i wonder if anyone of them have tried giving their 4 year old a happy meal and then after the first nugget took it back? now how can they think the could to that to sick people and meds, i'd say the revolution will not be televised but since it's LA i'm sure it will.

datDANK

datDANK

there are more than enough people who smoke weed in Los Angeles to where if we all showed up when laws are being made it would have to go our way everytime very easily

figure out why we always have low turn outs when we know we are everywhere

we are not yet unified. we are to busy watching tv, driving on freeways, dealing with bullshit, spending money, finding money, eating bad food

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

there are more than enough people who smoke weed in Los Angeles to where if we all showed up when laws are being made it would have to go our way everytime very easily

figure out why we always have low turn outs when we know we are everywhere

we are not yet unified. we are to busy watching tv, driving on freeways, dealing with bullshit, spending money, finding money, eating bad food
yep its called being sheep, thats what the government has been working at for years, keep us down, keep in control of the flock of workers and consumers, cut education, out source everything so corporations( they're people to you know) fat stacks can grow even fatter, it all goes together it's the new world order and and we are the new peasants, we don't unify because they've tv'd, walmart'd, and stupefied us into submission. all hail corporate greed and an american dream which is no longer achievable, throw another shrimp on the barbie mates and and get your ass back in the heard before you're put down.

sorry rant over.

G Star

G Star

I don't support this, but it's not like dispensaries are doing us any favors...all they do is lowball growers and keep prices high to consumers...not to mention payin employees next to nothing

nebulius

nebulius

I don't support this, but it's not like dispensaries are doing us any favors...all they do is lowball growers and keep prices high to consumers...not to mention payin employees next to nothing
Don't forget all the Dr.'s getting $$$ from the scripts.

It's a flawed system for sure, but the gov. has yet to run a flawless program and as flawed as it is, it is better than what we had before.
With anything new there is going to be unexpected consequences but it is better to correct these problems instead of throwing out the progress made and going back to the ways of old which didn't work in the first place.

G Star

G Star

Flawed system...interesting term but very true.

Like I said, I don't support anything that limits our rights to cannabis, but I stand by my statement that dispensaries aren't doing us any favors (as farmers or patients)

nebulius

nebulius

Just to be clear G, I agree with ya, wasn't arguing against your point, merely adding my 2¢.;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom