• Thread starter A NewPhase
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A NewPhase

A NewPhase

Just wondering if you follow these charts exactly, your thoughts on VPD

A NewPhase

A NewPhase

I do. I have an AC infinity fan and it comes with an app where i can view my Temp RH and VPD. I try to maintain a 75 temp 55% RH ratio. I think VPD is important and if maintained correctly can increase your yield some.
I have the same fan system, im up in the air on this issue as a whole.

A NewPhase

A NewPhase

My last grow got mold. With fans blasting and exhaust running 24-7. Rh got over 60% a few days and mold set in. I've become very good at finding mold that most people would never even notice.
Do tell….

justgrowing

justgrowing

Just wondering if you follow these charts exactly, your thoughts on VPD
Have you any update on your approach to them? I just started chasing the "sweet spot(s)" and I can't achieve what is said to be "optimal" in most cases. I'm using an AC Infinity fan/controller to get my readings, and I refer to the three charts from PulseGrow that I originally found when I started to think about VPD. First time grow here with plenty of guidance - 4x4 tent, full hydro, 4x4 Spider Farmer light 🔥, air conditioner, dehumidifier, heater, humidifier, circ fans - I'm giving them my best, but I don't have a dedicated room for the tent and the temps and humidity levels here often have big swings. Until I have a sealed space for my tent (tents eventually), chasing that optimal VPD will be kind of difficult. Tough too because my grow guides/buddies don't really subscribe to VPD, but control to preferred levels nonetheless.

ExNavyInSTL

ExNavyInSTL

I track VPD. I have a cheap ($20) Govee monitor that I hang near the plant canopy.

I track by 24 hours increments and go with the average. My app does give me an average for VPD, but I like to take the numbers over to Pulse and plug the numbers in there; just so I can see how close I get to the green column. I made up my own grading system based on the Pulse Chart (see below). I also like how you can change Veg and Flower options

I work with the following goals: (Note: I aim to Veg for 5 weeks)
75º F / 75% - Germination through Week 2 (Pulse Clone Setting - #1) - In the Green
75º F / 65% - Week 3 & 4 (Switch Veg - #2) - In the Green
75º F / 60% - Week 5 Veg - (Still in Veg #2) - One notch or so outside the green
75º F / 55% - Week 6, (Change to #3 - which is Week 1 of Flower through Week 7 of Flower - Back in the Green
75º F / 45% - Week 8 & 9 of flower and through Harvest ... this is a goal to lower moisture before harvest - slightly outside the green

Below is my grading system around the green area. The numbers are just hypothetical place holders.

Disclaimer: I've only been growing a year, and I shit the bed on this last/curent grow.

justgrowing

justgrowing

What were your undesirable results and have you attributed them to anything specific?

ExNavyInSTL

ExNavyInSTL

It was all user error. I decided to play along with the Real Grower Real Dot Challenge.

Before the plants were introduced to Grow Dot I gave them too much light when they were seedlings.

Then I decided that I could add a little more nutrients to the Grow Dots. Just a little bit. But then I caused a tragic response when I decided to add more P &K.

Go to my Grow Diary and see for yourself: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/grow-dots-and-recharge-for-the-real-growers-challenge-2022.140917/

It is just fun grow. I am a Jack's 3-2-1 guy. So, this was just for kicks.

What were your undesirable results and have you attributed them to anything specific?

Madmax

Madmax

Nope dont follow it..dont need to .but i have checked it in flower to see where im at and most times its in the range with the room temp and humidity ive selected.ive always known ive been there abouts as my yields have been really good .i stick to the same temp range right through with humidity starting from 65 in veg to 50-55 in flower..you dont have to b spot on just there abouts..just look how plants grow outside.they aint got a choice what range it is and they do just fine..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i don’t know if i’m just lucky or have a green thumb!
no clue about vpd or ph or this or that, i do know and control the temp humidity airflow light dark time and to keep everything i do with growing at all stages to a minimum,
germination and seedling stage is sooo important and the industry has exploited this to the max.. i and others i know who basically drop seeds into water with or without h2o2 for some hours than just plant and generally 100% start growing and you never have to touch the seed.. all you need is a seedling heating mat plugged into the timer to come on with lights on and off with lights off, with difficult seeds or ones that take more than 5/6 days to pop, than later with temp and humidity within a 10 point range..
all these germination things people buy or the paper towel method and so on is/are absolutely a waste and are nothing but setting up for failure..
clones basically the same thing cut/powder/plant..

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I check mine, i try to stay close, if I’m pretty close I don’t change anything unless it’s high RH in flower) I mostly make any major changes between seedling to veg then veg to flower

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

In flower rh should be 40 - 50%, and never 60% or higher. Spikes will come at night when lights turn off. Turn humidifier off just before lights off, and if necessary run a dehumidifier. You also need plenty of air exchange and circulation.
That would be a dream. Where I live I keep a dehu running 24/7 just to stay in the 50's%. At lights out I def get spikes and I've caught it as high as 67%. Plus a few times through flower the power company has shut the power of for a few hours bc of pole work there doing. I scan everyday for mold or rot. I'm super paranoid about it. You must live somewhere dry. I've never really had to use a humidifier.

Top Bottom