VPD Question

• Thread starter Parrottroop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Parrottroop

Parrottroop

Hey all, so I have a question that I was hoping to get your expert advice on. Recently I have been trying to dial in the VPD of my grow tent. I have a small humidifier in my tent that has a hydrometer, so I can keep a certain humidity within the tent at any given time.

The temperature in my tent floats between 73-83 degrees, and the VPD charts I’ve seen call for the humidity to be between ~60-70% at this temperature. I am not in the vegetative stage and I’ve read that humidity should be between 40-60% at this stage. I guess my question is, what’s more important, the VPD being dialed in (but a little more humid than what’s recommended) or the humidity dialed in, but the VPD not being in the proper range?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

Good question, I think we really want to get they most humidity we can with our temps and without getting mould, some who have gotten PM will always play it safer sub 55% even though say 60-65 may be safe and more ideal.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

you dont wat the humidifier in the tent. You want to humidify the room that the tent is in. There are a couple reasons. You don't want the vapor hitting the leaves. Any humidity added will be pulled out right away. You want the air coming into the tent to be at optimal himidity.

Here is a post i made on VPD.

Top Bottom