VPD (vapor pressure deficit)

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Nice1 đź‘Ť thanks again for all your advice & the straightforward way you have of explaining stuff so it s easy to digest & understand.
Its lights out for the ladies right now been off for bout 5 hours. So thinking on what you've said I popped in ( under green light) to have a look @ the rh , temps & you can also see the night time ppms. Yep they def needed a tweak. Its winter here but not so cold every night. Now its saying 10°c outside but still needed to turn up the heater. But had to remind myself now I've turned up the dehuey, that machine warms up the air also! But should be ok, the heater has a thermostat so as long as it kicks in if it does get too hot we'll be sweet. Did you manage to look @ that link I added? Basically you put you #'s in room temp/ rh then theres a slider for leaf temp & a slider for what week & it gives your current reading & then a target. Is that sort of stuff reliable? Next week or soon as poss I've seen a ir gun with good reviews like you said @ no real cost. You gotta have that simple bit of kit to really catch the vpd window. Cant wait to get 1 now & learn to balance this
I've been thinking about what it'll be like to grow in winter, bc like you said when I'm having to use a heater instead of an ac things will be different. I may have to add humidity, which has never been an issue in my grow.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Yes i use inkbirds for all mine, 2 total. One heat and cooling and one humidify and dehumidifier
So the one controller controls a heater and an ac. You just set the desired temp and it'll kick either of them on? I would guess you prob don't have to use them both like that, but just so I understand how they work. Thanks for the info.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Staff
Supporter
So the one controller controls a heater and an ac. You just set the desired temp and it'll kick either of them on? I would guess you prob don't have to use them both like that, but just so I understand how they work. Thanks for the info.
That’s exactly how i use them.

Most can get away with cooling and dehumidification. I just like full control… set it and forget it

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

That’s exactly how i use them.

Most can get away with cooling and dehumidification. I just like full control… set it and forget it
One more question. Do they sell different controllers for temp control and humidity control? Or does one control them both?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Staff
Supporter
One more question. Do they sell different controllers for temp control and humidity control? Or does one control them both?
Kinda they sell one that does both but only one way each. So i like the 2 seperate ones i can link them and can usually find them both for about $80