Wa state outdoor grow season

• Thread starter USMCtanker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

USMCtanker

hello, im a mmj patient in wa state, and i wanna do my 1st outdoor grow now that i have my own land. im in north western wa. and i have a cpl ?s

1. when is the best time to plant? is it just after danger of frost?

2. can i grow them good size in my tent on 24 hour light then plant them outside? what would that do if i veg them in tent to 2 feet or so then place outside? would they get larger if grown in tent before?

3. when looking for strains what should i look for? i know something that finishes soon is recommended for my area, but how soon? i know for the area a mold resistance strain is a must.

4. any ideas on some strains?

thanks for any info.:rollj::harvest:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
hello, im a mmj patient in wa state, and i wanna do my 1st outdoor grow now that i have my own land. im in north western wa. and i have a cpl ?s

2. can i grow them good size in my tent on 24 hour light then plant them outside? what would that do if i veg them in tent to 2 feet or so then place outside? would they get larger if grown in tent before?

3. when looking for strains what should i look for? i know something that finishes soon is recommended for my area, but how soon? i know for the area a mold resistance strain is a must.

Ok, I'm in California at some elevation in the Sierra, so hopefully my advice won't be too far off the mark, I know Washington's growing conditions are somewhat different.

1. Depends on the size of your plants when you put them out. They can tolerate frost, they just won't really grow much, especially if the soil temps are low.

2. Yes, you can, but do NOT use 24/0 as the photoperiod or the first thing that will happen is they'll immediately go into flower. Use a staggered photoperiod (longest light time matched to your local summer solstice, then interrupt the dark period twice for an hour or two, this should stop the plants from flowering).

3. Why grow something you may not like smoking? Grow what you like to smoke.

4. Grow what you like to smoke.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

seamaiden, good to see you
western wa is a bit different then where your at
here, we have 6 ft 480 lb slugs and various blackberries that become mold dispensaries in late august so the best way to pull of a smokeable crop is to get em to bloom way early
i.e, either in the photo period controlled greenhouse or with a ploy like 24 hr a day light then a few days of dark before putting them out on the solstice (start a new inside crop at this time)
usmctanker, imho, start with a fast indy dom till you figure out what will work for you in your hood

fwiw

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
They can go out at any size but are better with stress if vegged a little first. Wait until April as long as the ground temps are up. After all the years outside and our weather around here in the fall we are going with auto affys outside this year.

N

nouvellechef

Veg inside as long as you can. Bigger the the pot the better or dig some holes. Either way you not moving some she beast outside. Pick 9 week strain for flower. I go out June 1st. GL

N

NW Puffins

June 1st!!! Most strains wont finish outside until mid October around here and by then it's too late.

R

robz

June 1st!!! Most strains wont finish outside until mid October around here and by then it's too late.

Not exactly. Like stated in previous posts get a nice Indica dominate strain. Veg her in tent for long as you want at 24 hrs. Put outside in June 1st and shell be done first week in august most likely.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
It all depends on the photophiric perdiod of the particular plant. Trying 2 new strains outside this year. One of each has been outside for 3 weeks now. They went right into flower. I do this early in the year to get the light cycle for them. Once they start to reveg i substract 3 weeks time and then estimate the hours of daylight for that, thus giving me an approximate hour of daylight to signal flowering. Now look up that daylight hour foe the fall date and should give you an approximate finish date if you know how many days the strain is. Always add about 10-14 days for outdoors vs indoor finish times.. Good luck all!!

S

steelyeyes

I tried White Widow and one Blue Widow outside near Seattle. The way the white was with thick colas like a Greek (or Roman) column invited bud molds. Side by side the Blue with her smaller buy more dispersed buds came out fine. I harvested by the end of Sept. and she was nearly five feet tall by then. Not as strong of medicine outdoors in dirt versus inside in hydro but it was still good stuff. I might not be that good of a dirt farmer though...not enough practice.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Already chopped 3 og's that i finished outside. Inside for a month of 12/12 and then outside first of july to finish...

Lyla252628

Lyla252628

Hi, I'm Growing Outdoors in Kitsap County.. I have 2 Bubblegum in Full Flower, 1 W,hite Widow approaching Pre-flower, 3 Blueberry Auto's, 3 Amnesia Haze Auto's, and 6 White Widow Auto's.. I chose my Blueberry, Amnesia, and Widow's specifically because of their Anti-Mold/Rot Resistant Quality's/Characteristics. ALL of my plants with the exception of one dud are doing Awesome.. I planted late.. Late may on my Bubblegum Girls, and Early August on my Auto's. Everything should be finished up outside approx 10/15, and I wouldn't wait any longer than that.. Bud Rot, Mold, and Potency Deterioration takes place if left too long in flower. This is my first grow outdoors also.. Without a partner to consult with. I've relied on these forums as well as my growing bibles to get a consensus on grow techniques before deciding on my own. One thing I have learned new farmer.. EVERYONE is an expert on growing Cannabis.. lol So folks like to believe that is;) Study, Read, and take Baby steps, my 2 cents;) And hey, keep in touch about the hap's of your grow!! We can trade some climate specific tips!!!

V

Vonda

Hi, I'm Growing Outdoors in Kitsap County.. I have 2 Bubblegum in Full Flower, 1 W,hite Widow approaching Pre-flower, 3 Blueberry Auto's, 3 Amnesia Haze Auto's, and 6 White Widow Auto's.. I chose my Blueberry, Amnesia, and Widow's specifically because of their Anti-Mold/Rot Resistant Quality's/Characteristics. ALL of my plants with the exception of one dud are doing Awesome.. I planted late.. Late may on my Bubblegum Girls, and Early August on my Auto's. Everything should be finished up outside approx 10/15, and I wouldn't wait any longer than that.. Bud Rot, Mold, and Potency Deterioration takes place if left too long in flower. This is my first grow outdoors also.. Without a partner to consult with. I've relied on these forums as well as my growing bibles to get a consensus on grow techniques before deciding on my own. One thing I have learned new farmer.. EVERYONE is an expert on growing Cannabis.. lol So folks like to believe that is;) Study, Read, and take Baby steps, my 2 cents;) And hey, keep in touch about the hap's of your grow!! We can trade some climate specific tips!!!
Hello kitsap county native here as well....good luck to us!!! Bless our bounty. Mine is doing quite nicely, about 14 ft now. Hoping they will stop growing now and produce. Noticing signs of flower now. Under carport with 3mil plastic seems to love it!!

Top Bottom