Wall Unit Ac Vs Mini Split

• Thread starter lavenderlove
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lavenderlove

lavenderlove

how's it going? i know mini splits are ideal.. but it seems that wall unit ac's of equivalent btu are nearly 2000 cheaper.. additionally, i don't really have a mini split install guy.. how much more are wall units going to cost me per round,and how detrimental are they for the overall environment? thanks!

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
how's it going? i know mini splits are ideal.. but it seems that wall unit ac's of equivalent btu are nearly 2000 cheaper.. additionally, i don't really have a mini split install guy.. how much more are wall units going to cost me per round,and how detrimental are they for the overall environment? thanks!
Window units are inefficient. Look and compare the amperage of both. The mini split will pay itself off in electricity savings over time. The window unit usually runs at 8-12amps the mini split runs 1.5-8amps. The window unit is loud/noisy and also leaks light through the unit. The mini split is stealth quiet and does not leak light because the unit is mounted inside the room. The mini split 230v units have an inverter compressor which means when the temperature in the room is close to set point the compressor ramps down to 1.5amps to maintain room temp.
The window unit runs full load amps start to stop.
Hope this helps. I would start saving your money. Good luck happy farming.

Genesis

Genesis

Window units are inefficient. Look and compare the amperage of both. The mini split will pay itself off in electricity savings over time. The window unit usually runs at 8-12amps the mini split runs 1.5-8amps. The window unit is loud/noisy and also leaks light through the unit. The mini split is stealth quiet and does not leak light because the unit is mounted inside the room. The mini split 230v units have an inverter compressor which means when the temperature in the room is close to set point the compressor ramps down to 1.5amps to maintain room temp.
The window unit runs full load amps start to stop.
Hope this helps. I would start saving your money. Good luck happy farming.

Great answer, I learned a thing or two bro.

senville

senville

Not only are mini split more efficient, but the difference in air flow and capacity are huge. Even though both systems may have 18000 BTU, there is a significant difference in what you'll expect come time to turn it on. Some systems are quite affordable, we offer some starting at $619.

Lets say you do most of the install, and just have an HVAC tech vacuum down the system for $100, you can get away with $750 for the whole system installed. That's extremely affordable compared to some window systems, and you've got significantly more cooling power. Many of our systems also offer low ambient cooling, which means you can still cool your grow room, when the outside temperature drops to 5F, which is important if your setup is in a colder climate.

You can see our 9000BTU system here http://www.sogoodtobuy.com/9000BTU-Ductless-Air-Conditioner-p/senl9000.htm but most of the time you'll probably need a 1.5 ton or 2 ton system, which is also available for a little more.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I ran a couple window shakers and portable units last summer and had nothing but problems. Picking up my 18k btu mini split and installing it this week. Did the math on it and it should cost like $30/month to cool a 3kw room.

J

joeyo720

Not only are mini split more efficient, but the difference in air flow and capacity are huge. Even though both systems may have 18000 BTU, there is a significant difference in what you'll expect come time to turn it on. Some systems are quite affordable, we offer some starting at $619.

Lets say you do most of the install, and just have an HVAC tech vacuum down the system for $100, you can get away with $750 for the whole system installed. That's extremely affordable compared to some window systems, and you've got significantly more cooling power. Many of our systems also offer low ambient cooling, which means you can still cool your grow room, when the outside temperature drops to 5F, which is important if your setup is in a colder climate.

You can see our 9000BTU system here http://www.sogoodtobuy.com/9000BTU-Ductless-Air-Conditioner-p/senl9000.htm but most of the time you'll probably need a 1.5 ton or 2 ton system, which is also available for a little more.
is it possible to put a mini split condenser in a insulated closet with fresh air coming into the closet and exhaust out with proper rated cfm inline fans?

Top Bottom