Want to begin my 2nd grow (Now w/ LED's)

• Thread starter budzmaster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

budzmaster

Hey fellow farmers!

I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know about my upcoming grow.

I really love this forum, and it was mainly because of the LED section that I actually finally decided to start making posts and become a contributing member of your great community.

A little history about my background, or should say 'limited background', on growing herb:

About 2 years ago I had a friend who got very interested and became a research junkie on everything growing related. After many unsuccessful grows he persuaded me that he definitely knew the secret and would be able to have a successful grow the next time.

Being a broke and busy college student, he was forced to postpone his next grow until an unknown date in the future when he would have the freedom to pursue this hobby.

I got really interested when he told me about his confidence in having a successful grow, and asked him he he would teach me what he knew. He agreed and proceeded to take me under his wing (kind of) and show me the way.

I say 'kind of' because in reality he taught me how to grow herb, but that information was not that in depth at all. At the time, he had basically given the same information repeated from the "Lucas formula". which can be read about here : http://lucasformula.com/

And long story short, I used 4x42 watt CFL's that I bought from wall-mart in my small little growlab tent, and was able to produce about an ounce of really great dried herb in the end.

It was a great experience... one of the coolest experiences I had in college. I have been thinking about doing it again ever since then.. and now that I have my medicinal card and I am licensed to grow 12 plants, I would really like to give it another shot.

I have decided that LED is the way for me, and I am only left stuck debating how I should do this grow. Should I just do it like I did last time?

It seems like there could be better ways. Something similar to K11ng and ca5p3r's grow is what I am going for. Simple and effective.... I guess I am just looking for a bit of guidance along the way.

I am not looking for someone to tell me exactly what to do step by step. But rather, I will post my plan and maybe you guys could correct me if I make mistakes or if you would like to give me your opinion.

Anyways, I look forward to starting my journal here and hopefully I will have some sexy of some nice females to post up in the future!

Once again, I'm glad to be a part of this awesome forum. :party0033:

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Welcome to the forum budzmaster. Always nice to have another contributing member to bounce ideas off.

T

testez

High K11NG Welcome aboard in our little led corner in these parts. Good intro and cool that you got your license. If i can help I will chime in for sure.

Have you given a thought as to what led panel your going to get? Have you done any research/comparisons in that dept. yet? What kind of area do you have to work with?

B

budzmaster

Hey Testez,

I have been seriously considering a 357 magnum as my LED, as I am loving the results Casper and a few others are getting from it.

I have limited space in my small appartment, and think that I might have to go with a tent that is around 2x2x5 instead of the 4 footer. I am planning on keeping the tent in my closet, which isn't too big at all.

I basically plan on copy'ing Casper's second grow to a T. Why change something that is working perfectly fine? :)

I hope to order my light and other supplies in the next few days and get started as soon as possible.

There are a lot of questions I still have, but I am sure that with the assistance of this great forum I will be able to pull off something great....hopefully! :)

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Hey Testez,

I have been seriously considering a 357 magnum as my LED, as I am loving the results Casper and a few others are getting from it.

I have limited space in my small appartment, and think that I might have to go with a tent that is around 2x2x5 instead of the 4 footer. I am planning on keeping the tent in my closet, which isn't too big at all.

I basically plan on copy'ing Casper's second grow to a T. Why change something that is working perfectly fine? :)

I hope to order my light and other supplies in the next few days and get started as soon as possible.

There are a lot of questions I still have, but I am sure that with the assistance of this great forum I will be able to pull off something great....hopefully! :)

I am flattered haha. If you are looking for tents of that size I would suggest the Secret Jardin DR60. I have the Pro II version which is 5.25 feet tall whereas the original is closer to 5 feet. I believe the Pro II fixed some issues with light leaks around the zipper, though I have not seen an original to compare, but mine is pretty damn light tight.

The Magnum is for sure a safe bet as far as LEDs go. I am just seeing the first pictures of the Magnum+ as well and it looks pretty impressive. May have to get one of those for my second tent soon.

Any questions you have just ask, always glad to help another LED head.

B

budzmaster

me 2 link us!!!

Should I wait to buy the magnum, and get the mag+ then?

P

pandor

I love the lucas formula. So simple yet so effective. I think the nutrient companies try to push so much junk that the plants do not need. Welcome to the farm. Good luck on your grow!

W

willy led wonka

if the old magnum is still $650 you cant go wrong with it. All the light companies are coming out with new models this fall. Advanced, magnum, and blackstar.
If you are patient i would order the new model. I think you can order it now.

W

willy led wonka

im using the lucas formula with jungle juice and adding big bud, bud candy and over drive. Your are right---you cant go wrong with the formula for sure. Im just trying some different things.

Top Bottom