Want to grow again!!

• Thread starter LEDhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LEDhead

LEDhead

I’ve really been missing the relaxing times of growing cannabis, so I’m getting back into it! A lot has changed in the industry since I last grew. I did work for a grow where I live but wasn’t paying what I needed for a family, bummer I really enjoyed my time there tending to the pants, watering, pruning, dead leafing, etc.
Now I’m looking to setup a small scrog grow in my closet. 3x3 Gorilla shorty because I’m a renter and don’t have much room. Do 1/2 plants but hung up on LED’s, no pun intended lol.
Looking at either:
Growers Choice RIO-E420 w/controller
Or
Horticulture Lighting Group HLG-600H Quantum Board V2 RSpec w/dimmer
I know the GC rio will be almost to the walls in the tent but I’m also afraid the umol on the HLG is so high I might not have enough room, height wise, to keep the HLG far enough away from my scrog while also giving myself enough room for a short 10-12” run off table.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’ve really been missing the relaxing times of growing cannabis, so I’m getting back into it! A lot has changed in the industry since I last grew. I did work for a grow where I live but wasn’t paying what I needed for a family, bummer I really enjoyed my time there tending to the pants, watering, pruning, dead leafing, etc.
Now I’m looking to setup a small scrog grow in my closet. 3x3 Gorilla shorty because I’m a renter and don’t have much room. Do 1/2 plants but hung up on LED’s, no pun intended lol.
Looking at either:
Growers Choice RIO-E420 w/controller
Or
Horticulture Lighting Group HLG-600H Quantum Board V2 RSpec w/dimmer
I know the GC rio will be almost to the walls in the tent but I’m also afraid the umol on the HLG is so high I might not have enough room, height wise, to keep the HLG far enough away from my scrog while also giving myself enough room for a short 10-12” run off table.
I own the hlg 600. Definately overkill for. 3x3 perfect for a 4x4 will do even 5x5. The bonus is with the potentiometer you can run it from about 60w to about 640w. If you ever plan on upgrading that will be a bonus.

Now with the 480w vs 640w for almost the same price I would say go hlg 600 in terms of value.

I'm not sure what drivers or diodes the GC lights use but the hlg is quality Samsung diodes and a meanwell driver and i would say quality rivals almost any led out there. It's possible the GC is also.

B

Burned Haze

Aqua hit the nail

hlg or timber would be my recommend

if it’s timber model for a 3x3- 4x4 example

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Aqua hit the nail

hlg or timber would be my recommend

if it’s timber model for a 3x3- 4x4 example
Yes also a great option. I have seen some combos using both... Made me droooool lol

LEDhead

LEDhead

Thanks guys, glad to see it’s still an awesome community in here, I haven’t been here for a while.
I suppose with the potentiometer I can adjust the μmol with my meter and when I can upgrade to a bigger tent I’ll be ready.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks guys, glad to see it’s still an awesome community in here, I haven’t been here for a while.
I suppose with the potentiometer I can adjust the μmol with my meter and when I can upgrade to a bigger tent I’ll be ready.
Absolutely... You will actually get even better efficiency and I would be so bold as to say longer life running it lower than max also. This goes for any led though.

LEDhead

LEDhead

What’s your thoughts on the 600W QB288 V2 R spec VS. HLG 550 V2 Rspec?
550 pulls less watts and has a lower PPF output but the 550 also pulls in more micromoles at 2.65 umol/joule

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What’s your thoughts on the 600W QB288 V2 R spec VS. HLG 550 V2 Rspec?
550 pulls less watts and has a lower PPF output but the 550 also pulls in more micromoles at 2.65 umol/joule
600 is better imo... The difference is one is certified and the other is not. Your paying more for the 550 because of this.

The difference is the same boards are being run harder with the 600 so the efficiency goes down a bit but turn the power down to the same wattage and I bet they are identical

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Now if you were a commercial grower needing certified fixtures for insurance or investor purposes I would say the 550 is the way to go.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What’s a good place to order from? Is LEDgrowlightsdepot reliable?
I ordered mine from here. I haven't compared prices lately so you may get a better deal somewhere else... Not sure.

LEDhead

LEDhead

Just ordered my gear should be here next couple weeks do to flu but stoked to be getting that green thumb again! HLG 600 with 3x3 shorty. Bonus today also, my buddy was the master grower for a commercial grow and has his own line of nutes he’s going to let me run for free!! STOKED now to just hit the local grow shop for the rest of my gear.

LEDhead

LEDhead

HLG 600h R spec came in today and I ran my electricity and fan today, tent come in tomorrow and I should be going no later then Monday!! Using GroSum nutes good friend of mines company, going to do a daily thread on the nutes in my grow coming up. Lemon OG and Bruce Banner to start waiting on some GG clippings coming in soon also. HLG got a new plug connection too looks so much cleaner then in the videos and pics I’ve seen online.

506FDDEB 3C32 4409 AFD0 A68C21D4DD68

Latest posts

Top Bottom