Want to pollenate a few buds for seed production

• Thread starter Dan789
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dan789

Dan789

I’ve gotten two clones that in fact are male and I’ve got them safely away from my grow in bags as they drop their pollen. Figuring to pollenate a few buds to get some seeds produced. My potential brides would either be some of the lower buds of my current grow, which the top buds are about 7-10 days away from harvesting. Then after pollinating could then allow those bottom buds to mature while growing the seeds to maturity. The next opportunity are the remaining female clones I‘ve got which are just in one gallon bags and are about 6” out of the ground, five nodes at least. One of these plantsI could either put into bloom now or save the pollen and use it within four to six weeks when these clones will be large enough to flip.
This would be my first time, if that isn’t already clear, would appreciate comments from those with experience.

Dan789

Dan789

Not to worry, I’ll forge ahead with the info and knowledge that I have...no biggie...didn’t realize initially how I was overstepping, my bad...

mancorn

mancorn

I would go with pollinating your next round. Seed formation takes awhile, so you'll want to pollinate as early on those new clones as possible. Sounds like you're too late on the current grow if your only a week out from taking your top buds. Just make sure you get your pollen dried out and store it with someone to absorb moisture. I.e if you stick it in a tin or glass container it should have cardboard or paper on the bottom to insure it doesn't mold on you, or better yet use the silica jell pillow packs. (Just a tiny piece of plant material can rot the pollen). Then stick it in the freezer. Will last for months no problem.

Last edited:
Bodean

Bodean

I’ve gotten two clones that in fact are male and I’ve got them safely away from my grow in bags as they drop their pollen. Figuring to pollenate a few buds to get some seeds produced. My potential brides would either be some of the lower buds of my current grow, which the top buds are about 7-10 days away from harvesting. Then after pollinating could then allow those bottom buds to mature while growing the seeds to maturity. The next opportunity are the remaining female clones I‘ve got which are just in one gallon bags and are about 6” out of the ground, five nodes at least. One of these plantsI could either put into bloom now or save the pollen and use it within four to six weeks when these clones will be large enough to flip.
This would be my first time, if that isn’t already clear, would appreciate comments from those with experience.
Hey Dan,
There is a good tutorial for single branch pollination and pollen collection by Schwaggy P
On RIU and invalid.com. Really informative and step by step instructions. Good luck on your project.
Bo

Terpz719

Terpz719

Hey Dan,
There is a good tutorial for single branch pollination and pollen collection by Schwaggy P
On RIU and invalid.com. Really informative and step by step instructions. Good luck on your project.
Bo
Thanks for the info! Want to do similar in the future and am starting to research it.

Dan789

Dan789

Hey Dan,
Bo
Thanks for that tip, diving into this. Dan

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

All good information. Seed development usually takes between 4-6 weeks to mature after pollination. I wish you well with your project! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Top Bottom