Want to try LED's

• Thread starter JJP53
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JJP53

I am currently using MH for veg and HPS for Flower. I have heard that LED's are great for veg but not as good for flower. I am currently running a 400W digital ballast and was wanting to upgrade my lights. Would it be worth it to buy and run a 600w or larger led light? Are there any lights that are better than others to flower?

S

SSC

I started another thread about this. I would look into the Solaro Sun Clone!! I know somebody that is using it and he is getting huge results!!! I will be getting some of these lights too!! Based on my research it is looking like the reason why it is so much more effective then any other LED grow light out there is that they use Semi opto-conductors!!! That is the key I think. I have called all other manufactures and they do NOT use those. They use the standard LED chips. Plus that sun clone has a huge warranty!! I have not seen one out there even close! That makes me feel even more comfortable! Good luck!

B

bmf725

I am currently using MH for veg and HPS for Flower. I have heard that LED's are great for veg but not as good for flower. I am currently running a 400W digital ballast and was wanting to upgrade my lights. Would it be worth it to buy and run a 600w or larger led light? Are there any lights that are better than others to flower?

I have 2 600 watt blackstar led's I am currently using one of them to veg and I can say my plants love it. when I turn the led light off and just have my room light on the foliage it lime green!! compared to my 400w mh i did have. I have not flowered with them yet but i expect great results. Another thing to add is dont listen to people badmouthing led's when most of them have not used one or even seen one. Also your not going to grow 5+ foot trees with these lights. the best method for led's is mostly SOG, SCROG, and using a light rail.

J

JJP53

Thanks BMF, I was told the HydroGrowLED penertrator 126W was a good light. I was leaning towards the 357 Magnum I might look into the Blackstar's. How many plants do you have under your one light and how big are you planning on growing them before flowering? Do you think LED's would work with plants that have multiple tops what the youtube growers call Koma Topping?

B

bmf725

I would think that any light that uses 2+ watt led chips would be a good light to grow with. I went with the blackstars mostly because I bought both of them for $1200 with shipping. I have 12 3 week old pure kush from green house seed co under one blackstar right now but i am planning to flower them at about 18"-20" using scrog/lst I might top a few just to see what happens. I am using an Aero/NFT system and plan on 6 plants per light. If I can pull 4+ oz per plant I will be stoked.

Top Bottom