want to upgrade to a bigger tent

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i have a 2x4x6 mars hydro tent with a mars hydro tsl 2000 light i am happy with the tent and light but i want to get a bigger tent a 4x4x6 could i use the light i have now in the middle of the 4x4 as long as i keep my plants under the light and still get a good grow until i can get another light to add

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
i have a 2x4x6 mars hydro tent with a mars hydro tsl 2000 light i am happy with the tent and light but i want to get a bigger tent a 4x4x6 could i use the light i have now in the middle of the 4x4 as long as i keep my plants under the light and still get a good grow until i can get another light to add
According to this website, the tsl2000 is only able to light up 8 square feet. If you look through they're suggestions of lights for different size tents, there is a 12 quare feet+ section which is what your new tent would fall under.

https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/grow-light-calculator/

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i know i would need more light but i was asking as for the time being would my current lights be ok in the bigger tent if i keep my plants under the light

beluga

beluga

If you don't have plants covering the entire footprint, it's fine to have a light underrated for your area.
In terms of efficiency, sure, you're losing some because you're not utilizing your space to its potential.
In the past, I was growing in a 2' x 4' space (8sqft), but only using 150W (90W underrated for that area). But I also had a humidifier and carbon filter on the floor.. taking up some of that footprint. Buds were still dense and potent.

As gorillaglueaaron said, if you're just vegging right now and will have the higher-powered light before you start flowering, your current light should be sufficient to carry you along until then.

petroleumboy

petroleumboy

I'd agree with Beluga, I think you're okay as long as your lights are adequately covering your grow. I currently have exactly the same light and tent size as you and have been contemplating doing exactly the same. I've been looking at the 4X4X6.5 tent from Mars.

Latest posts

Top Bottom