Wanting to try the organic route, really would like some clarification.

• Thread starter mkono87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mkono87

mkono87

Im on my first first grow and doing photos with liquid nutes in Sunshine Mix #4. Its going quite well but my next run will be autos and I really want to try the organic route. Well, not a super soil (for now) but using dry amendment not having to feed every single watering. At first I thought about just grabbing some happy frog and then top dress with Gaia Green but I have half a bail of Sunshine left so I might as well continue to use that. Iv been googling last few days and will admit, looking up so many different mixes and recipes it can be overwhelming. Im just looking for some advice/pointers with using the peat I already have. I think what confuses me is knowing what should be used in your base medium vs what needs to be used in teas or top dress. For example, Iv seen people use Gaia in base and then iv seen them only use it in teas.

What I am gathering is something like peat, earthworm and more perlite as the base and then feed every week to a few weeks with gaia?

4plant

4plant

I’ve posted this same question yesterday and got crickets so far. It’s either a well kept secret or no one wants to give up the special sauce. I’ve done the super soil thing and had average results. I was expecting it to be a just add water type soil but it wasn’t. I’m leaning towards using happy frog/ ocean forest mix with additional promix and pearlite. I’m also looking for guidance on tea recipes and frequency in certain soil mixes. I would recommend you grab npk raws microbes, they have a veg and bloom varieties.

odirt

odirt

I use to use promix , earth work castings, and extra perlite. I’d feed old age organic 1 feed next feed would b cal mag and next a bountea tea. Killed it in big pots . Bountea tea pretty simple.

THCMonster

THCMonster

Cant go wrong doing the Sunshine, Wormcastings, perlite, and maybe some bat guano.

Also crab meal works great, alot of people in soil for odd reason run into calcium deficiency.

Really I have a customer at my hydro store that does promix (basically the same as sunshine), earthworm castings, soy bean meal, and waters with wormcasting teas and runs that all the way thru! He gives them a little potash booster mid flower and his shit comes out great!

Idk how well that works with Autos tho because they have a shorter life span, just keep that in mind for the future!

Good luck man, post pics along the way! Ill follow

RAYMAN628

RAYMAN628

I am no means a pro, but my organic grow consists of
pro mix organic veg and herb
jobes organic 4-4-4
10% perlite
up to 30% earth worm castings

and paying attention to the plants they usually require a top dress every 3-4 weeks when the plants look like theyre fading out

Top Bottom