War Vet Lounge

• Thread starter lazarus718
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lazarus718

lazarus718

Hey guys, my name is Laz and I'm an Iraq war vet. Just looking to start up a lounge for any of you other guys to chill out in and exchange experiences, talk about your grows, or possibly network and take it easy. Sitting here tonight with a bottle of Johnnie Walker Red and remembering some of my good buddies, I was a fortunate guy and they are all still with us from what I can tell. Had one go SF and haven't heard from him in five years, talked to his wife two years ago and she hadn't received any news in a little over a year. His daughter will be seven this year. Lobo, this shot's for you.

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Right on bro.. Navy 8 years here.. Search & Rescue Diver..

That's the funny thing 'bout the military.. Make all these great friends or more like family members and then boom, you're gone or they are gone. Never hear from or see them again. Wild.. Had many a good and bad times for sure.. Seen the world over many times on long 6-9 month deployments. We'd leave port and never see land again for months sometimes. What a mind fuk!! :evilgrin0040:

I remember pulling into Aruba for the first time and smelling women & women's perfume, the fresh fruit & vegetables in the port markets, flowers, food cooking, etc. etc., after what seemed like an eternity at sea.. Funny how you lose all those smells after a couple months on a ship at sea constantly smelling sea water, ship life, men, fuel, etc. :smirk

It was always sure nice finding a sexy warm honey to cuddle with once we got off the ship. Shit, the ladies in most ports would take you home, shower you, feed you, show you the town, take damn good care of the short term man... ahhhhhh the good ol days.. :party0042:

Shirt sar
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
How's it going boys? 8 years in the infantry (Army) here. Door kickin, ground poundin, SOB! lol Oh and did I mention the PTSD from the war? Yeah I loved the Army, but my family is paying the price now. Sad to say there are soooo many Soldiers/Marines/Sailors/Airmen that are all Fubar now that they are back on native soil. I think that before you can join any branch you should do a tour of the VA hospital and talk to some Vets that have been there done that and can share how it "really is". Like I said I loved the Army, but they did me dirty. Financially that is. Breached my reenlistment contract and made me pay back my $22,500 bonus 3 months after receiving it. Fuckers. Try having the US Treasury as a debt collector lol. Either way I'm glad to see that there are some fellow Farmers that know what's up. Best wishes and good Karma to you all.

Cheers,
Crom

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
How's it going boys? 8 years in the infantry (Army) here. Door kickin, ground poundin, SOB! lol Oh and did I mention the PTSD from the war? Yeah I loved the Army, but my family is paying the price now. Sad to say there are soooo many Soldiers/Marines/Sailors/Airmen that are all Fubar now that they are back on native soil. I think that before you can join any branch you should do a tour of the VA hospital and talk to some Vets that have been there done that and can share how it "really is". Like I said I loved the Army, but they did me dirty. Financially that is. Breached my reenlistment contract and made me pay back my $22,500 bonus 3 months after receiving it. Fuckers. Try having the US Treasury as a debt collector lol. Either way I'm glad to see that there are some fellow Farmers that know what's up. Best wishes and good Karma to you all.

Cheers,
Crom

Damn bro, that sux.. I'm sorry to hear about all.. That's our gov.. I agree many men are coming home very ill and I couldn't agree more on the va tour man.. Sad times there man.. Fukin' hella sad. Hope things get better and look up for ya bro.. Ya need a good island or strawberry or blueberry strain to get that anti anxiety/depression/happy meds goin' thru ya. I love me a good toke on a happy weed. My strawberry bubba is a really good high for all that and I just popped a pack of Blueberry also to look for a good happy high.. :harvest:

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Damn bro, that sux.. I'm sorry to hear about all.. That's our gov.. I agree many men are coming home very ill and I couldn't agree more on the va tour man.. Sad times there man.. Fukin' hella sad. Hope things get better and look up for ya bro.. Ya need a good island or strawberry or blueberry strain to get that anti anxiety/depression/happy meds goin' thru ya. I love me a good toke on a happy weed. My strawberry bubba is a really good high for all that and I just popped a pack of Blueberry also to look for a good happy high.. :harvest:

Thanks for the cordial response Tex. I'm well on my way to disability checks for life in the $4k/month range:makeup I have lost many a friends in combat and I still proclaim my Patriotism towards this backasswards country. I don't understand the government. The latest thing that I heard was along the lines of the gov cutting payments to military personnel/ families to help with the budget issues. WTF? Anyways man I hear ya on the good meds. I am puffin on some SSSDH at the moment, the purple sat dom pheno, and it's speedy as all hell! Works for depression but I do get a bit shakey. My other pheno is not purple and is Sour D dom w/ the body/face high. I mix the two and presto lol Gardening is the best medicine in the world, that and surfing. PTSD melts away when I participate in either of those two things. Again thanks and sorry for the blabbing I'm pretty ripped... :passingjoint:

Cheers,
Crom

420Gator

420Gator

i was in the AF, 37th comm. dont consider myself a war vet tho

the AF takes care of their troops but i was honestly dissapointed how pussified it had become after hearing my grandfathers stories from back in the day

my hats off to anyone who served any other branch. i do agree vets get treated like shit, i had to go thru all kinds of hell to get my gi bill and i was homeless a few years back, learned real quick that sadly being a vet doesnt mean shit

lazarus718

lazarus718

Ah Tex, you bring back some memories bro!!! I was Navy too, both blue water and brown water at the end. Did search and seizures in the KAA between Kuwait and Iraq and started this last war man, was coming off a boarding 5 miles off southern Iraq the night the war began. Got a call over the Aussie wagtail radio announcing it and then the missiles started to fly overhead and the big guns started pounding. For me the thing that would trip me out when I got back home was feeling the carpet between my toes and having ice whenever I wanted it...crazy man. I think I slept on the kitchen floor my first two months back because it was more comfortable than my bed. Good to hear from you guys man, I worked with some divers for a few months while I was TAD and had some good times with those guys, a good breed man.

lazarus718

lazarus718

Cheers,
Crom
What year did you get out Crom? Sorry to hear about the shit going down with the taxman, I know a lot of guys that breached contract and got screwed for it. If you don't mind me asking, what caused you to lose the reenlistment?

lazarus718

lazarus718

i was in the AF, 37th comm. dont consider myself a war vet tho

the AF takes care of their troops but i was honestly dissapointed how pussified it had become after hearing my grandfathers stories from back in the day

my hats off to anyone who served any other branch. i do agree vets get treated like shit, i had to go thru all kinds of hell to get my gi bill and i was homeless a few years back, learned real quick that sadly being a vet doesnt mean shit

No worries bro, if you did your part from wherever you served you ARE a war vet. You gave your time, your freedom, and your sweat to help out and that qualifies man. My grandfather was a retired AF colonel so have much respect for you guys too man, doing it the smart way and I'm sure every soldier on the ground is happy to hear those bombs drop bro.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
What year did you get out Crom? Sorry to hear about the shit going down with the taxman, I know a lot of guys that breached contract and got screwed for it. If you don't mind me asking, what caused you to lose the reenlistment?

I got out in '07. I was deployed and my window opened to reenlist so I looked into my options. This wasn't my first reenlistment and I was interested in doing some more in the military before separation. I was offered a contract to be a drill sergeant at Ft Benning,Ga. I was honored to be a drill sergeant. I got a $22,500 cash bonus, bam it was in my account. I got back from deployment and 3 months of planning my wifes schooling and the logistics of the move from CA to GA went down the tubes. They said that the slot that was opened for me wasn't available any longer, making me "needs of the Army". For those that don't know that means that wherever the military wants you to be stationed they will send you. Now mind you that my family and I were in the planning stages of PCSing across the country. They talked about Korea and Alaska for me. I was like F no! You gave me this in black and white now you find something out after the fact and want to renig? Fuck that, you breached our contract and I am not interested. I had to fight to get out of that contract with lots of big wigs complaining FOR me. They treated me like I was the fuck up. Now let me tell you I'm one squared away SOB, I have done lots of shit and sucked it up for years in hopes of scoring the big show lol. I was prepping for a bunch of schools leading up to drill school as well. So basically they told me that the slot didn't exist anymore and to just go with it unless I wanted to pay my large tax free bonus back. I said let's set up a payment plan. lol FTA I love the Army and some of the individuals in, but I HATE the politics. I think that most smart individuals see through the BS and get out. I was on an SF path but the politics changed my interest to family life. I'm not bitter just very disappointed in the way Soldiers that fight for the pus_ies in DC are treated. It should be criminal. :character0110::bandit

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter

No worries bro, if you did your part from wherever you served you ARE a war vet. You gave your time, your freedom, and your sweat to help out and that qualifies man. My grandfather was a retired AF colonel so have much respect for you guys too man, doing it the smart way and I'm sure every soldier on the ground is happy to hear those bombs drop bro.

That's what our brotherhood is all about. Looking out for the fellow service member/Veteran. My grandfather was in the Army Air Corps in WWII dropping bombs on Normandy on D day. Respect to all that served, period. Chair Force or not lol JK

Cheers,
Crom

beezleb878

beezleb878

Served during the first gulf war, been in many armpits around the world as well.

I was a non combatant, go Airforce!

I dont like to talk about it but I was never anything special myself but I seen some of what the evils man can do. Those who serve and have served their country, well my next vape is in your honor!

D

Dirtsurfr

He guys Man I feel old... I was in the Navy but we rowed our boats when we ran outta wind LOL
USN
MR3
1971-75

F

Field of Beans

I'm a USMC Vet who served during the first Gulf War but was never in country. Spent the whole time guarding ammunition on a ship and assisting CH53's in landing and picking up loads via sling. Had a very crappy job(landing support) but our guys served a vital function over there. Just thought I'd drop in to see how all you Vets were doing.

lone420ranger

lone420ranger

Hello fellow vets

I was very lucky: Uncle Sam gave me an all-expenses-paid trip to South Vietnam way back in 1968.
That vacation was called "Operation Safeside" and introduced me to Marijuana in the form of Park Lane cigarettes, which were actually joints.
The clever Vietnamese would would unwrap a pack of Park Lanes,
dump the tobacco out of the individual cigarettes,
refill them with weed, put them back into the pack, and re-seal it.
You could buy these pre-rolled packs for 500 Piasters @ pack (5 bucks).
Best weed i have ever smoked and i want MORE OF THAT STUFF!!!

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Good shit guys, glad to have all of you here!!!

Thank you for starting it. My wife thinks it's cool that someone started a thread like this. She believes as much as I do that gardening/plants in general are therapeutic for me. As for all of you I'm sure it's the same. Whenever I get stressed I can go escape to the garden and do some looking around or leafing. I get pretty bad anxiety so I'm glad that I have Farming to turn to. Hell I think that growing might be more medicinal then consuming it. The only other thing that I have found to be equally as rewarding, is surfing. Man you get out there and you get a physical and a mental workout. Not to mention that it forces you to operate in the present. I hate feeling like a zombie from meds(pharma) so cannabis is THE best thing ever! F:)k what anyone else says, it works. Sorry rant over lol.

Yeah hopefully we can shoot the shite in this thread and get some of that 'ol military comradery back!

Cheers,
Crom

fractal

fractal

It's really good to see a vet's thread going on here, you guys found the right way to heal after what you experienced in the sandbox. Fuck that shit man, I have a friend from high school got back last year from iraq and he was boots on the ground probably did shit that I cannot even imagine. It pains me to see young guys exposed to all the death and destruction and DU . . . . In humboldt I knew a guy who was happy go lucky enlisted in the army and wanted to do the right thing. Came back a year later after an IED hit his humvee and he has some serious neurological issues from the blast. I wish all the soldiers would come back home and we could start creating a better world at home instead of forcing some worldview on a foreign country.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Thanks for the kind words fractal. I hear ya on the right way to heal. Too bad more young and old aspiring Soldiers aren't checking into the aftermath of being a Soldier prior to becoming one. That shit fucks you up! I'm a 100% different person then when I left. My wife even says that she notices that I even smile different. Hell she cries when she sees an old picture of me and I have that old smile. Hug a Soldier Farmers. Just think before you speak because ignorance isn't the intention most of the time but things come out wrong and give bad impressions. Like the famous question I hear all the time, "did you kill anyone"? Funny thing is you don't have to kill anyone to get the stress from seeing all the destruction and carnage. I've seen some shit lets just say that, so anyone that has deployed to a combat zone deserves a pat on the back. It's pretty stressful. Not sure where I'm going...lol Thanks again Farmers for a place to rant a bit. :passingjoint:

Cheers,
Crom

Top Bottom