Warehouse Build Plans

• Thread starter Onetwothree
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
icanfarm

icanfarm

ICanfarm, I have to disagree with part of that. I've owned and operated a few businesses and I've found the less you do yourself the more you make. I've always focused on working on my business, not in my business. If that makes sense.

That being said I don't see a lot of these bigger cannabis companies surviving. The quality will suffer and people won't want it. But who knows people still love Budweiser and people still love microbreweries. To each their own I guess
I agree in part and I like you have started built and sold a few buisness and we all have that kind of spirit or we wouldn't be here but when cash strapped in a start up I just do all that I can about eighty hours a week lol so I do see your point but I'm a handy guy and I'll do what I can to put money to better use else ware that's just me I'm not saying one way is right or wrong but I agree with you in that quality will suffer it's just this side of being a fact matter of fact I'm banking on it

StandingRock

StandingRock

There's a lot to be said for that. When I was younger I did absolutely everything myself. I always say focus on what you're good at. I'm very handy with certain jobs and I do that work and hire out the rest.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I can do everything myself. Better to select what you are good at and concentrate on that. Then select some of the most expensive tasks like electrical and maybe consider doing that your self. However, I agree with StandingRock. Do what you do best and hire out for the rest.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I wouldn't take anything less than 2 a unit, anything cheaper is not worth the time that goes into this. If I read correctly you have a garage as well, if it was me I'd build that out instead. Just my opinion.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

All good stuff guys. Thanks everyone for chiming in! We're definitely going for the "craft beer" angle....less production, more care, higher quality. Whether or not that works in this industry will be seen soon enough, but I think it holds true. The masses will smoke whatever they can (hell I have plenty of friends who don't give a fuck or care what strain they're smoking or could even tell you if it's grown well, but thy smoke weed everyday) and then there will be more discerning customers like probably most of the people here on the farm...I just wonder how big that market is, given that if you really love weed and nerd out with it like us...you can probably grow it. All that being said...I DO think there's a market for "craft cannabis."

@CaliRooted As far as the 2k per lb....for sure my friend. When I read that herb sells for $4/gram wholesale in WA I nearly shit myself....and like I said, I think it will got for a lot more back east...but I'm a plan for the worst type of guy.

StandingRock

StandingRock

Craft breweries make up 13% of the beer market. Actually that's all my friends even drink. There will always be customers for higher quality. I bet true dank will stay higher than commercial weed.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I have a 10,000 sq ft greenhouse in the works, and the price tag will be very close to a million dollars when done. Not sure where you shop, but greenhouses are expensive. That doesn't include the power drop from PG&E and county taxes.
I believe it for a fully automated climate control permitted greenhouse but I have a greenhouse supplier that can get me a 25x120 steel tube frame greenhouse for about 2500. I have a couple buddy's running these and they are killing it. You could take the rest of that money and pay someone to pull tarps for 20 years before you pay off the fancy one. I have another buddy that spent 65k on a 24x24 fully automated light dep.
I don't mean it in a bad way but all the amigo farmers I know throw up a greenhouse out of old shit and some recycled plastic they sew back together and there killing it.
I have been learning alot lately from some amigos that are very recourceful. They make the gringo look like fools when they build a 500$ greenhouse and take down 100p's

Top Bottom