Was gifted these girls and they’re struggling. Ideas?

• Thread starter GrandmaGanja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrandmaGanja

GrandmaGanja

I watered them and a bunch of big roots came uncovered and exposed! Luckily I had a new bag of dirt and I’ve since leveled them off. Their color looks so much better, and the new growth is all multiple points, rather than the 3 pointed leaves when I first got them.

E69F24B3 EF28 4BD2 90BE 15C7BED9110E
464AE5F7 9B12 40DB 9F34 AA0D8DCB7D87
2956FD4A 4D1D 42B0 AA89 5469470999E2
D8BE72D9 79D4 4F87 96FA 9B955BD75E1D
BF0D5A84 5703 478C A36B 91364BD55911

Thoughts?

Last edited:
cpurola

cpurola

Not to argue one way or another but I'll chime in with my 2 cents if anyone wants to cash in on it that's cool if not whatev.

I've never used these Jiffy pucks with the netting around them, I've used their plugs for clones and such. However I am a huge fan of these non-woven fabric pots I found. They're approximately the size of a soda-can, and made from a similar non-woven fabric as those Jiffy pucks. Well at any rate when you start thousands of seeds at once and are putting them outside incrementally, the roots tend to grow out of the pots and into the pots next to them if you don't move them around every day. Again, these aren't the exact same thing as a Jiffy puck but I'm pretty sure the material is pretty close to the same and I've never, ever had issues with roots getting locked into one of these pots...View attachment 1253760

P.S. - I've used this method for a few years now and have cultivated thousands of cannabis plants this way - Once the plants reach 8 or 10 inches or so I put them directly into the ground, fabric pot and all.
Sorry to re-re an old post but I have those 'pots' and was thinking of growing my regular weed seeds until they show sex, around 2 months.
At what point do you transplant them? And do the roots actually go through the mesh?
I have tried jiffy pellets but noticed the roots of my zinnias did not go through like they claim. Trying to take it off is a crap shoot 'cause sometimes you mangle the roots.
Thanks!

Top Bottom